Turbo Jammers 9/23-9/29

Options

Replies

• spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm here with you!!

I ended up doing Fat Blaster Saturday afternoon. We were going to a family party and I decided to be proactive since I know the food there was going to be super good.

I didn't work out Sunday.

I will post later today once I get home and do my Monday workout.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm here with you!!

I ended up doing Fat Blaster Saturday afternoon. We were going to a family party and I decided to be proactive since I know the food there was going to be super good.

I didn't work out Sunday.

I will post later today once I get home and do my Monday workout.

Yea!! Glad I'm not alone! How was the family get together? I had a pretty quiet weekend, which was nice. I'll post later, too.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    I figure I get my credit for doing Turbo Jam, but ot mix things up a bit I did P90 Fat Burning Express for my cardio. :flowerforyou:
  • spiralgirl71
    Options
    Erin-The family get together was fun. I stayed within my calories and the extra cardio helped. It was outside so I spent a great deal of time chasing after my kids.

Today I did CP3 and 20 minutes strength training arms, shoulders and back.

New TJ week starts tomorrow!

How is everyone else doing?
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Good morning everyone! CP3 done. Gonna go spend some time in the crisp fall air. Yea...:grumble: I hate this weather. I was so cold this am I didn't even want to undress to get into my workout gear. Fall sucks. :mad:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Oh I love fall, at least fall here cuz its still a beautiful 65-70 degrees, perfect for walking a mile to pick up my son from school and a mile home :) I went on vacation last week (wednesday - sunday) and I wasn't anywhere near a DVD player or TV. But I did hike 1.5 miles one day and did A LOT of walking the rest of the time.
    Now that I'm home I did the 20 minute workout yesterday and today I'm hoping to get in CP! and the lower body jam in today. Baby seems to have a bit of a cold so she's being clingy today :frown:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Oh I love fall, at least fall here cuz its still a beautiful 65-70 degrees, perfect for walking a mile to pick up my son from school and a mile home :) I went on vacation last week (wednesday - sunday) and I wasn't anywhere near a DVD player or TV. But I did hike 1.5 miles one day and did A LOT of walking the rest of the time.
    Now that I'm home I did the 20 minute workout yesterday and today I'm hoping to get in CP! and the lower body jam in today. Baby seems to have a bit of a cold so she's being clingy today :frown:

I'm jealous! Fall here means 35-40 degree mornings and highs in the 50s-60s.

Good for you staying active during vacation. That is so hard when you're away from routine to get ANY exercise in! Hope the little one feels better!
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hey all... I had a rather bad weekend, but I'm starting to feel better again today.

I teach Turbo tonight, so I best find my energy.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Hey all... I had a rather bad weekend, but I'm starting to feel better again today.

I teach Turbo tonight, so I best find my energy.

Hope you're feeling better soon! Don't push too hard tonight. :smile:
  • spiralgirl71
    Options
    Just wanted to check in. I did not work out yesterday. I will tonight when I get home from work.
  • psyknife
    Options
    I'm feeling better, thanks!

I had a great Turbo class last night! LOVED IT :)
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Turbo Sculpt on the books. Had a friend come over for a haircut and didn't have time for any cardio. I'll probably to the 20min workout tonight. :flowerforyou:

Glad to see you're feeling better Melanie!

Looking forward to your report later, Spiralgirl!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    I did the lower body and CP2 today...still trying to like CP2, I've gotten so used to CP and CP2 just moves differently. I'll get it eventually. It also feels like a more intense workout, which I'm not sure I'm ready for yet.
    Hubby says he wants to do workouts with me (only possible on weekends) but I have a big issue with sweating in front of other people (hence the reason my gym membership has gone unused for a year now). I wouldn't mind doing the toning DVDs with him but....I don't wanna sweat!! I'd like for us to work out together but I don't know how to get over this "issue." Any suggestions??
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    I did the lower body and CP2 today...still trying to like CP2, I've gotten so used to CP and CP2 just moves differently. I'll get it eventually. It also feels like a more intense workout, which I'm not sure I'm ready for yet.
    Hubby says he wants to do workouts with me (only possible on weekends) but I have a big issue with sweating in front of other people (hence the reason my gym membership has gone unused for a year now). I wouldn't mind doing the toning DVDs with him but....I don't wanna sweat!! I'd like for us to work out together but I don't know how to get over this "issue." Any suggestions??

What's the issue with sweating? Did he watch you give birth? Cuz that's about the most unflattering situation for your husband to see you in! Besides, I think if he saw you sweating he'd see just how hard you are working, thus showing how hard you are trying to take care of yourself!
  • psyknife
    Options
    He'll love you no matter what... heck, my boyfriend thinks I look hot when I sweat. Haha.

Don't be afraid to sweat... it's natural, and it's needed for the body to keep itself cool. So, don't worry about it :)
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Did Ab Jam and CP...where is everyone today?
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Got my CP in again today...no seriously where is everyone?????
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Got my CP in again today...no seriously where is everyone?????

I'm telling ya!! I know it! The bunches of people who planned to to TJ have long since deserted us! :grumble: You'll see me and a few others here just about every day so we will all have to stick together!!

I did an old Tae Bo DVD today for 55 minutes. Still not a huge fan, but I wanted to mix it up a bit and try something different. It was easier after having done TJ since back when I first tried TB, I didn't know any of the moves. He's just too damn fast--I stumble and can't keep up. Oh well, still burned over 600 calories so that's a good thing! Hope you all enjoy your Friday evening!

Oh and I just noticed that I never reported in yesterday, but I did workout!
  • psyknife
    Options
    Yesterday I taught my yoga and bellydance class.
    I always get a great workout on those nights because I teach a vinyasa flow style (if you've done P90X, kinda like the first 1/2 of that video) and the bellydance, though low impact, makes me sweat bullets!

Tonight shall be strength. I'm pondering if I want to go to the gym or do a video at home. All I know is that I'm hungry right now and I think I'll eat before my workout (then, of course, wait an hour or so before working out).

Ahh Tae Bo... years ago I lived with a girl who had those videos... back then I was in terrible shape... I tried the video and turned it off in about 10 minutes... hahah. I'm sure I could keep up now, but I probably won't like it as much as Turbo :)
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Takin the weekend off....not planning anything to strenous today but we are hopin to go bowling tomorrow :smile: MIGHT even workout with the hubby....but only if he wants to....and I don't mean THAT kinda workout :laugh: