Turbo Jammers 9/23-9/29

Options

Replies

• psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Skittles... what's keeping you from working out???
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Skittles... what's keeping you from working out???

I was just gonna ask the same question!!

Just got done with CP and Ab Jam.....675 calories burned!! :flowerforyou:

I truly encourage everyone to get a decent HR monitor....they really help with motivating you as well as keeping an honest record of your calories burned. The estimated calories tool on here (or any other site) is really not that accurate. It is all dependent on one's max heartrate, age, weight, etc. One could be depriving themselves of precious exercise calories that may be inhibiting them from losing weight. I just entered an hour of high impact aerobics on here and it estimated that I burned 435 calories...well I burned the above amount with 45 minutes of high impact cardio AND Ab Jam. That's almost a 250 calorie discrepency!! Or think of it as 250 calories extra you could eat for the day! Just my two cents.....
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My husband works 7 nights a week on the night shift and literally the minute I get off work I am driving half an hour to pick up kids and driving half an hour back to town for baseball practice and baseball games 2-4 times a week. Then Wed evenings we have church and homework and dinner and baths and....you get my point. I am stuck doing it all for the time being and super exhausted!!! So when Baseball ends I will have my evenings back at home to work out again. But I literally run until 9:30 every night during the week. I can workout on the weekends, but during the week is just too much right now.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I didn't do TJ lastnight this cold has been kicking my butt. However, I want to do it tonight. I will do it tonight. :sick:
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I did 30 minutes of ab work using the Quick Fix DVD and the 20 minute TJ workout with weighted gloves.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    My husband works 7 nights a week on the night shift and literally the minute I get off work I am driving half an hour to pick up kids and driving half an hour back to town for baseball practice and baseball games 2-4 times a week. Then Wed evenings we have church and homework and dinner and baths and....you get my point. I am stuck doing it all for the time being and super exhausted!!! So when Baseball ends I will have my evenings back at home to work out again. But I literally run until 9:30 every night during the week. I can workout on the weekends, but during the week is just too much right now.

Wow, that's a tough schedule! 7 night a week?? He never gets any time off? Well you sound like a dedicated mother--but my suggestion, maybe you could take a few of those days for you and maybe go for a walk or jog during the game? You would still be supporting your children, but it's important for them to see you taking care of yourself too! I have three kids myself, so I know what it's like to juggle work, kids, etc... Your health and well-being is worth it!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    I did 30 minutes of ab work using the Quick Fix DVD and the 20 minute TJ workout with weighted gloves.

Love the gloves!! I started burning 100 more calories per TJ workout when I added them!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I did the ab jam tonight. I feel great.
  • spiralgirl71
    Options
    I truly encourage everyone to get a decent HR monitor....they really help with motivating you as well as keeping an honest record of your calories burned. The estimated calories tool on here (or any other site) is really not that accurate. It is all dependent on one's max heartrate, age, weight, etc. One could be depriving themselves of precious exercise calories that may be inhibiting them from losing weight. I just entered an hour of high impact aerobics on here and it estimated that I burned 435 calories...well I burned the above amount with 45 minutes of high impact cardio AND Ab Jam. That's almost a 250 calorie discrepency!! Or think of it as 250 calories extra you could eat for the day! Just my two cents.....

I have been looking at HR monitors but have no idea which one to get. Which one do you have/recommend?
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    I did the ab jam tonight. I feel great.

Great job, Jessie!! The abs feeling better?
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    My abs are feeling better. They are not as sore as the rest of my body however from 30 day shred. WOW that gives you a workout.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options

I have been looking at HR monitors but have no idea which one to get. Which one do you have/recommend?

Jessie e-mailed me and asked me the same question=--here's my response to her. I know a lot of other people recommend a Polar, but as long as it has the features that work....

I have an Ironman and like it just fine! It does have the chest strap, which some people find annoying, but to me it's like wearing a thong--once you wear it a while, you don't feel it! They are far and few between in my area, but a bonafide watch repair shop will change the battery for you. It only cost me $5. As for Walmart, or a place like that, depending on the brand and style of your watch there are those they aren't allowed to touch. I hear you on the cost thing...I got mine for around 60 bucks, so you don't need to get one that costs $100 or more to be effective. Just be sure it has the features where you can add in personal info (weight, max heart rate, etc) and not just a generic one that will count your heartbeat.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Turbo Sculpt and Fat Burner done, 675 calories burned. :flowerforyou: Wow, it's hard to eat that many extra calories--I really had a hard time yesterday.
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Wow, that's a tough schedule! 7 night a week?? He never gets any time off? Well you sound like a dedicated mother--but my suggestion, maybe you could take a few of those days for you and maybe go for a walk or jog during the game? You would still be supporting your children, but it's important for them to see you taking care of yourself too! I have three kids myself, so I know what it's like to juggle work, kids, etc... Your health and well-being is worth it!

Thanks :wink: , and yep 7 nights a week, he has had 5 days off in the past 3 months. It is exhausting, but once we get through baseball season, it is easier to slow down for a bit..Actually, watching the baseball game is my relax and destress time, so I look forward to that. Practice I can walk if it is not too hot, my daughter has chronic asthma and can't be out in the heat very long. We just have issues all over the place LOL, but I do workout after work when we don't have baseball going on....I am just tired.....:tongue:
  • spiralgirl71
    Options
    I will take a look at that HRM.

I am getting ready to do 30 minutes of buns work with Quick Fix and then I will be doing the Turbo Jam Booty Sculpt + Abs.
  • PhoebeFit
    Options
    Ugh. So I managed to twist my ankle Wednesday.

I was wearing new shoes to work, with a small 2 inch heel (a thick heel too!) and I manages to slip or something so my foot bent sideways. OW!

It hurt so bad yesterday I stayed home from work!

Today is better, but I still am hobbling. I want to work out but I know I need to let my foot rest. Hope you all have a great day!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Ugh. So I managed to twist my ankle Wednesday.

I was wearing new shoes to work, with a small 2 inch heel (a thick heel too!) and I manages to slip or something so my foot bent sideways. OW!

It hurt so bad yesterday I stayed home from work!

Today is better, but I still am hobbling. I want to work out but I know I need to let my foot rest. Hope you all have a great day!

I hope your ankle feels better. Not the easiest body part to rest!

CP 3 and Ab Jam done---700 calories burned. :flowerforyou: Off to help my mother clean her house before she leaves for vacation! Hope you all enjoy your afternoon!
  • spiralgirl71
    Options
    I didn't work out Friday. This morning I did 50 minutes of weight training. I will be back to TJ tomorrow to get my fourth workout in.

Phoebefit-I hope your ankle feels better.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Punch, Kick, Jam and Ab Jam done--700 calories burned. :flowerforyou: Felt that workout today--must have been the 4 Cosmos I had last night. :embarassed: At least I'm done for the day!

Have a great day! Hope you all get some sort of workout in today, guys! You're all worth it!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Don't know where it came from, but after Desperate Housewives, the guilt caught up with me and I busted out Turbo Sculpt. Did an hour of lawn mowing earlier today, too! :flowerforyou:

Boy, this started out as a pretty enthusiastic thread.....where the heck is everyone? I'm lonely! :frown: