*Summer Sweeties to Fall Knockouts* Week #1 6.13.11

Options
Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
Hello everyone! I am excited to start the new challenge! We are going to use one thread for the mini-challenge and to also discuss or reach out to other members. The date of the beginning of each particular week will always after the challenge name and week #. Please make sure that you keep the discussion open, that we are open minded to everyone else's ideas, suggestions, etc. And most importantly, keep it positive and keep pushing. Please use this link each week (my suggestion would be to save as a favorite on your computer or phone) you will select your name from the drop-down menu, enter your stats and press enter. This information will then be transferred to an excel spreadsheet, and will be your way to keep track each week of your progress. The spreadsheet is updated each week, by hand, and by participant whittrusty. So please be patient if you do not see your info updated immediately. Please understand that the earlier your stats are in, the easier it is for her to have everything complete in a timely manner. Lastly, PLEASE know that if you miss 2 consecutive stat checks, your name will be removed from the spreadsheet. Please contact me if there are unforseen circumstances, will prevent you from continuing with the challenge or if you just don't feel like the challenge is benefiting you and would like to no longer participate.

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&formkey=dGVvLVlubUI0b3BLXzJKdEdPTWVPdGc6MQ#gid=0

Ok, so now that we have the hard stuff out of the way! :). This weeks challenge is called "BURN BABY BURN". It is as you guessed it, a calorie burn challenge. Instead of setting a specific number, I want you all to set a calorie burn goal and strive to achieve that goal by Sunday evening! So let us know your goal on this thread, and I will be here to give you ideas of how to maximize your burn and get any other extra calories you can in your day!

So BURN BABY BURN everyone!

Replies

• Brookelee30
    Brookelee30 Posts: 102
    Options
    Can anybody sign up or is it too late?
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    Awesome, Krystle!! And thanks for all of this :bigsmile:

My BURN BABY BURN calorie burn goal for this week is 3,000. We can do this!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    My calorie burn goal is 2,000!
  • Andrea511
    Andrea511 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm gonna try for 2.500 calories.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hello Sweeties!!! I am so excited to start this challenge :)

Burn Baby Burn goal for the week is 1500. I know this may seem low to some but I don't like to burn more than 400 in a day ever, I learned this from my last challenge, I was burning too much and not eating enough and I plateaued for a really long time, I didn't start losing again until I cut back on exercise. I have also found that it is best for me not to exercise everyday. (especially with running) I have to take a day or two off between runs or it becomes extremely difficult for me to get my heart rate up.

I am excited to weigh in tomorrow and take my measurements, this time I will actually write down my old measurements so I can keep track through the whole challenge!!!

Good Luck everyone and enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU WHITNEY ! :flowerforyou:
    THANK YOU KRYSTLE ! :flowerforyou:
    YOU BOTH ARE AMAZING FOR ALL THE TIME YOU TAKE PUTTING THIS CHALLENGE TOGETHER :drinker: AND LAST CHALLENGE TOO.
    BIG HUG'S :heart:

My Calorie burn goal for the week: 4,650

:heart: Teresa Savage
  • bonini88
    bonini88 Posts: 8
    Options
    my burn calorie goal is 2000
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is kind of embarrassing to admit, but I don't even know how to begin going about setting my burn goal. Some advice would really be appreciated. :)

Thanks!!
  • sadenniston
    sadenniston Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    So excited about this challenge!! I can't wait to see the end results!! My burn baby burn goal will be 4,000!!!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I'm very excited to start. I will burn 3000 calories this week. Best wishes to everyone and thanks Krystle!
  • daveshoneybun
    daveshoneybun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    can't wait to start , hope everything goes well with it.
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    khaleesinoodlebelly Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to join still?
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am learning too. I just looked at what I burn (under Excercise) for the week, and looking through my Diary I see I usually do about 1500 calories. So I guess I will challange myself and increase how much I burn this week. I am guessing that is the point.. burn more then we normally do each week. That sound correct MFP?

So I will set my goal to be 3000, that is double and tough.. but will try.
  • kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    Options
    under the link if i dont see my username what should i do??? i have been added today
  • Jamaica113
    Jamaica113 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Im gonna shoot for 2000 calories. I am excited about this new challange.
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My goal is 2500!
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    Thanks for all the organizing!

My burn goal for week 1 will be 3,500. Might be difficult because I'll be out of town for business, but I will push myself!
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    And do we report JUST at the end of the week our grand total burned? Not Daily totals is it?

Mondays is our weigh ins? Challanges are recorded how- every Sunday night? Just please spell it out for me, record from what day to what day? If I excersie tonight will that be counted in this week or past week? Help!
  • RedSnapper65
    Options
    How do I join?
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    my burn goal is 2,000