*Summer Sweeties to Fall Knockouts* Week #1 6.13.11

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Sweeeties! I've conceded to the fact that I just can't do Jillian Michaels' workouts anymore. Ugghhh,:sad: I am disappointed, but, her workouts are hard on the knees. I pushed through it when I did 30-Day Shred, but Ripped is even worse, and I don't want to permanently damage anything so I'm throwing in the towel. Oh, but I will meet my calorie burn goal for the week because there's always Zumba and my old friend Turbo Jam.

the important thing is you are getting it in.:flowerforyou: I have never tried Jillian myself because I know she would kill my knees and I am not on the biggest loser so I am not into the no pain no gain theory....:laugh: :wink:
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    To everyone who wants to join the challenge, I don't mean to be a total party pooper, but I already have over 120 people's weights and measurements to keep track of for the next three months, so I can't add anyone else to the list.

Sorry, but to be fair to myself and everyone who signed up for the challenge when it started, I have to stick with who is already on the list.

Please feel free to add to the message board and set goals for yourself and track your own measurements!! Sorry!! :blushing:
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    To everyone who wants to join the challenge, I don't mean to be a total party pooper, but I already have over 120 people's weights and measurements to keep track of for the next three months, so I can't add anyone else to the list.

Sorry, but to be fair to myself and everyone who signed up for the challenge when it started, I have to stick with who is already on the list.

Please feel free to add to the message board and set goals for yourself and track your own measurements!! Sorry!! :blushing:

Thank you for this Whit....
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    How did everyone do yesterday with their calorie burns?
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options

I burned around 100 calories, looking to burn around 300 or more today
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I like this idea too, so......

Goal / Challenge week of 6-13-11 1750 calories to burn:

Mon: Rest Day
    Tue: Will post later....I'm aiming for at least 500 tonight
    Wed:
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    Good morning, Sweeeties! I've conceded to the fact that I just can't do Jillian Michaels' workouts anymore. Ugghhh,:sad: I am disappointed, but, her workouts are hard on the knees. I pushed through it when I did 30-Day Shred, but Ripped is even worse, and I don't want to permanently damage anything so I'm throwing in the towel. Oh, but I will meet my calorie burn goal for the week because there's always Zumba and my old friend Turbo Jam.

the important thing is you are getting it in.:flowerforyou: I have never tried Jillian myself because I know she would kill my knees and I am not on the biggest loser so I am not into the no pain no gain theory....:laugh: :wink:

@Mollie - Thanks! Yeah, there's good (exercise) pain, and there's bad pain, and I am not up for killing myself :laugh:
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    ing

I did okay. I burned 282 with Ripped in 30. Today I will be doing my fave Zumba when I get home.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I burned 832 calories yesterday, and feeling pretty good.
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!
    My HRM is a POLAR FT7 your able to swim with it, so Im anxious to try that out. My job canceled me today So I may try it out soon. It's definitely hot enough outside.

Excellent Idea Mollie about posting our calorie burn each day on here

MY WEEKLY CALORIE BURN GOAL is 4,650

Monday.................1,390 HRM
    Tuesday................So Far today 495 HRM
    Wednesday..........
    Thursday...............
    Friday......................
    Saturday................
    Sunday..................

Happy Tuesday Everyone and Lets move, move move :wink:
  • sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I know I am late in the game. My weigh in yesterday was 150.6. Measurements Chest 39", Waist 35", Hips 41.5". I haven't had the opportunity to read the posts yet. I am in the process of organizing a fundraiser for this weekend. We are having a Zumbathon and this is getting pretty stressful. Between that, work and trying to get my workouts in this has been all the time I have.

I did notice you all are posting calories burned. I do not have a heart rate monitor at the moment, but I do log my daily activities on here.

I will try to do better about checking in.

Have a great day!!!
  • gpacheco0768
    gpacheco0768 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is 1,500 calories burned!
  • gpacheco0768
    gpacheco0768 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    BTW, I weighed yesterday, took measurements today... used my phone cord at work and a ruler because I don't have a measuring tape! :happy: So they may be a little "big" I'm thinking... I walked 2 miles yesterday with my dog, going off of what this site says 45 min of moderate walking is in terms of calories burned, and it says 168... so I plan to increase my walks and my Bowflex Treadmaster (elliptical). I am starting to see the scale move, and I know it's because I've added more exercise. I'm on my way to a 25th HS reunion the 2nd to last weekend of July, so I'd like to get down to a size 8 by then (lose about 10 - 15 more pounds). My total goal (I'm almost 2/3 done) was to lose 61 pounds, I have lost 37. So I have 24 to go, it will be through exercise now, and continuing on my eating plan, to the path of a size 6! Woo Hoo!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello Ladies!
    My HRM is a POLAR FT7 your able to swim with it, so Im anxious to try that out. My job canceled me today So I may try it out soon. It's definitely hot enough outside.

Excellent Idea Mollie about posting our calorie burn each day on here

MY WEEKLY CALORIE BURN GOAL is 4,650

Monday.................1,390 HRM 2 hour walk & 4 hours cleaning JOB
    Tuesday................615 HRM 1 hour & 45 minute walk & 30 minutes of swimming
    Wednesday..........
    Thursday...............
    Friday......................
    Saturday................
    Sunday..................

Happy Tuesday Everyone and Lets move, move move :wink:

Total So far 2,005 burned 2,645 left :happy:
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

I really want to get one. Do you find it easy to use?
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Beeruin.... Yes! it's very easy to use

I only had it since Monday and today was the first day I used it swimming, So I'll see how well it holds up under the pool conditions. It say's it's okay to be used swimming :bigsmile:
  • sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give me a general idea of how many calories burned for Boot Camp? We only run 1/2 mile the rest is 1 min . intervals. My instructor is like a mini Jillian Michaels, she has no mercy.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    So I just started the 30DS yesterday and was psyched to go the whole 30 days with no breaks. But here I am on the 2nd day and going to take a rest day. Why you may ask? Well I just found out my husband was laid off today, so I am really not in the workout mood. I am just going to home and cook him supper and be there for him today. :sad:
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    300 calories into my weekly goal, 1200 to go!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    So I just started the 30DS yesterday and was psyched to go the whole 30 days with no breaks. But here I am on the 2nd day and going to take a rest day. Why you may ask? Well I just found out my husband was laid off today, so I am really not in the workout mood. I am just going to home and cook him supper and be there for him today. :sad:

Sorry to hear this! I hope he is able to get back to work soon!