MEAT Me at the Beach (6/16-19 weigh-in)

Options
Welcome to the first week of the MEAT Me at the Beach Challenge!! Please take a look at the chart below. Get familiar with the format and check your stats. Please let me know of any changes that need to be made.

meatbeach1.jpgmeatbeach2a.jpgmeatbeach3.jpg

Remember that our first weigh-in window will be June 16th-June 19th. All weight must be posted by NOON on the 19th. I’ll be posting charts on a new thread that evening to show our results for the June 16th-19th weigh-in. As a friendly reminder, please keep up with the thread that is posted each week. I do not check old threads for weigh-in information. If you do not weigh-in in time, your information will get left off of the chart that is posted (however, I will update it on my computer). Keep in mind that we will also have weekly challenges/reflections. Stay tuned to see what is planned for this week. :wink:

>>>>> If you are interested in joining this group, or for more information, please see our original thread that this link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/259078-vic-s-losers-meat-me-at-the-beach-challenge-now-recruitin?page=7#posts-3469391 <<<<<<

Replies

• newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Pay no attention to any of the colored columns except the yellow one. The rest will have accurate numbers in them after our first weigh-in. ;)
  • newmeat30
    Options
    Week 1 Challenge: Make a Game Plan
    Often it is easy to get lost in the idea of having 12 LONG weeks to make your goal. You might feel a little lost or overwhelmed. You may even get off track or fall off the wagon altogether. One way to avoid this is to MAKE A GAME PLAN! Think about how you are going to succeed. Desire to lose weight is great, but without a plan to do it you may struggle or fail. Take a look at your goals and see what you need to do to meet them. Our challenge is set up to have 2 mini-goals and one final goal. Outline what you want to do in 12 weeks, but really set out a plan for your first FOUR weeks of the challenge. Think about diet, exercise, and a schedule. What do you want to achieve and how are you going to do it?

Week 1 Refection: Accomplishments & Timeline
    Weight-loss cannot always be seen with a number on the scale? Often times it is found in the fit of our clothes, the ability to do a task/activity, or in the eyes of others. What are five things that you want to accomplish during this 12 week challenge? When during the challenge do you expect these accomplishments to occur?
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Posted on the previous thread on Thu 06/09/11 01:12 PM

Current Weight (As of today): 222.2
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 199 I want to make it to Onederland!!!
    Weight Category: Reduce
    6/9: **start of challenge** 222.2
    6/16:
    6/23:
    6/30:
    7/7: <<<mini goal weight 215>>>
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight 208>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight 199>>>

Hopefully these goals are more realistic this time! I really would like to be able to hit some goals & on average I am only losing about a pound a week. Vic girl you are the Woman & I'm so glad you invited us to do another challenge!
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Ok I finally have my laptop back in working order :) My start weight is 156 and my over all goal weight is 138.
    18 pounds in 12 weeks seems impossible especially since until I found this group and did the last 12 week challenge I had been steadily gaining to the tune of 30 pounds in 2 years.

My little goals are to get 30 min of exercise 6 days a week (even if I have to break it up into two 15 min segments) and drink 80 ounce of water a day.

My first mini goal is to lose 4 pounds in the next two weeks. We are having a little get together with family and friends on the 26th and I would like to lose 4 pounds by then :)

I would like to lose 5 by the 4th of July!

Also, we have a short weekend get away planned for the last weekend in July and my goal is to be down 8 pounds by then :) My cute swimsuit bottoms are cutting in to me and hopefully losing 8 pounds will be enough to keep them from cutting the circulation off to my legs.

Hope all you guys the best of luck in achieving your goals and thank you so much NewMeat! As always your chart is amazing and you are an inspiration!!!!

:drinker:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Would love to join in, if there are still any spots left, please.

Current Weight (As of today): 96.8kg
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 90kg
    Weight Category: reduce
    6/9: **start of challenge**
    6/16:
    6/23:
    6/30:
    7/7: <<<mini goal weight _94__>>>
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight _92__>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight __90_>>>
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    thanks for the extra colourful chart!
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump...keeping the new MEAT challenge fresh on my topics!
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump! Love the chart Vic!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Hi Vic!

Thanks so much for the chart and for the challenge. Off to make my game plan... I shall return with plans in hand later! I'm excited y'all!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Awesome chart! :drinker:
  • newmeat30
    Options

6/16:
    6/23:
    6/30:
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:

Hopefully these goals are more realistic this time! I really would like to be able to hit some goals & on average I am only losing about a pound a week. Vic girl you are the Woman & I'm so glad you invited us to do another challenge!

Sorry I missed you Falisha. I'm fixing it now. :wink:
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Here is my info~thanks for the add!

Current Weight (As of today): 209
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 185
    Weight Category: REDUCE!
    6/9: **start of challenge** ~ 209
    6/16:
    6/23:
    6/30:
    7/7: <<<mini goal weight 201>>>
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight 193 >>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight 185 >>>
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Thanks vic for all this ...

5 Goals I would personally like to achieve during this 12 week challenge (In no particular order)

1) Get control of my apetite - portion control - I hope to fully achieve this by week 3!
    2) Eat less meat! for 12 weeks
    3) Try a new recipe (healthy of course) Each week
    4) Fit into some clothes I wore last summer (by week 12)
    5) Play a full game of beach volleyball with my husband ! (which I've never managed! )
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

6/16:
    6/23:
    6/30:
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:

Sorry I missed you Falisha. I'm fixing it now. :wink:

That's ok Vic I appreciate you including me anyways thanks you are Awesome! Now I just need to figure out a game plan :)
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Goals I want to achieve: