Loserville Challenge 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, So glad to see so many posts!

rach - I'm glad your hubby is home. I am lovgn this challenge and I'm happy to do it again next week.

Claire - I agree maybe the relaxing helped the weight come off and even slow walks help. I hope it keeps going in teh right direction. I hope the wii works well for you

Jenni - glad you had a good time in the city sorry you missed Zumba I hope Samara feels better soon

Nikki - busy can be good. I hope it' sbeen a great week for you. i am thrilled to have met you as well. I totally want to keep this group going even after teh 10 week sis up.

I feel like I am kicking the challenges butt this week. even if i don't win I think it's been a big motovator.
    I'm just bummed I should Have planned a hurricane party. Looks liek were only going to get a little rainiand wind in my part of VA. Might be on teh treadmill instead of walking outside this weekend.

has anyone heard from Tami lately. Normally she checks in. I hoep she's alrgiht. guess I'll send her a little note
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Saturday evening home after a very long and full day. Not even attempting to log. All bought meals too hard to figure out. Have left my 80yr old mum for the night with Samara in her city unit. Very proud of my mum getting up those 100 stairs. Grandmother mother and granddaughter sleep over. Back inot the calorie counting and exercise tomorrow. Night all.
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    no loss this week but i really feel like I'm kicking butt this week. Only burpies and tricep dips left. Maybe i will see a loss tomorrow. have a wonderful weekend. I better go put my bird feeders away before the hurricane takes them. LOL

Have a great weekend all!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Thinking of you Courtney and preparing for the Hurricane. Stay safe. :heart:
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Yeah, big hugs Courtney. That loss will come next time round , just keep on keeping on!

I have gained again, now 76.2kg not at all surprised as I have eaten rubbish all week, just got my mojo back yesterday, and I'm gong to set myself some serious goals and really get down to my goal weight. I'm irritating myself being so close and doing all this fluctuating.especially when I know if I just got down to it, I would do it ...

So, who's up for another biggest loser style challenge next week?

Here's our exercise challenges for this week....
    1. 3 x 10 ab twists with small weight & 50 Jumping Jacks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDTHSnoGoEc&feature=related

2. 20 windscreen wipers & 2 sets of 21s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuccu9GFO6g&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8

3. 50 jumping twists & 30 tricep dips

4. 40 push ups & 40 high knees

5. 40 ab crunches & 40 mountain climbers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4

6. 40 squat kicks & 20 burpees
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfNA_lmkHM - you can step your legs back, go onto your knees for the push up then step your legs back in for a lower impact burpee.

I'm also planning to start over with the 30 Day shred, I got to level 2 day 8 and then life got too busy and it's over 10 days since I last did it now, so I'm starting over .... my plan is to do 5 days per week of 30 day shred for the next 6 weeks, so I'd complete the 30 days over a 6 week period. Anyone else keen to join me?

Right, spring has sprung here, it's a glorious day, best get out and enjoy it!

Rachel
    x
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Ok Rach, i'm ready for the next challenge. But will have to watch the links as I don't know what half of them are. Thanks for the links just hope I can do them. Didn't do my 50 ab crunches today after 3 hours of hard digging and garden bed preparing, I could not move another muscle. Beautiful early spring day. Will give my weight tomorrow (monday) after weigh in. Please let it be a loss. I am doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones, Samara has my 30 DS. So I will do NMTZ as you do 30 DS. Its really tough and is about 50 mins, may have to cut it in half. Till I get stronger.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'll give the challenge a go - need to get back into the swing of things... Do we just do 1 every day or all of them every day?!

Will write it out so I've got it to hand (after watching the vids!!)

Have ordered some Zaggora HotPants.... They were on offer with my groupon site and all the reviews i read said you really do lose a jean size in 2 weeks.... So I thought I'd give them a go! Can't hurt!
  • FizzingWhizbee
    FizzingWhizbee Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm so up for another challenge this week. I'm also up for joining you Rach in the 30DS start over. I have the banner ready for this week's winnner, so looking forward to seeing who that is.

Will be back on later ladies. :) x
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Morning Ladies. Thanks to whoever helped me last week with working out my weight loss percentage. I can do it myself this week. Weight loss 0. Percentage 0.

Oh well, I really thought I had worked hard enough for some sort of loss. I can only put it down to the eating out and guessing the calories. Now I have a HRM maybe things will pick for me and I will work harder as have at least 3 outings this week. Although just with the gardening yesterday MFP calculations are much the same as HRM. Of course since biting the bullet and spending my hard saved $200 on a Polar ft7, Aldi's have one on sale this week for $19.99. I love Aldi's. Will buy one for my husband.

Claire its 1 a day for 6 days and allowing a days rest. But hey if you want to do them all each day, its your benefit. Do you have the link to the spreadsheet still? Looking forward to your report on the hot pants.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    don't have the link anymore Jen - could you post it again? Save me trawling through all these posts! I'm still not calorie counting though... want to see if I can be sensible with my portions and food control without having to write everything down... Bit of an experiment see!

Will be ordering my hot pants tomorrow and it says to allow 28 days for delivery so will have them by the end of september at the latest! will any luck they'll come sooner than that!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq0fwi7BJUivdFlISG9QMlJBcm41M2pseXZ1dVBCLVE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Claire the spreadsheet link for you. At least I hope I have done it right.

Now to Zumba. how many calories do I burn lifting angry cat from lap?
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    :smile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :love: :bigsmile: :love: :wink:

Loserville's Biggest Loser is ........ Courtney!

Wooohooooo! NIce job Courtney, she won with a massive 81 points ... closely followed by Jenn on 79 ... and Nicki on 77 ....

Can you post the signature banner link Nicki, so Courtney can wear it with pride!!

I seem to be living proof that exercising and eating crap doesn't help you to lose weight ... Another bad day today ... I missed out on lunch as I was so busy at work, and then ended up eating lots of rubbish ... GRRRRRRRR ....
  • FizzingWhizbee
    Options
    I'll post the banner up as soon as I get home this afternoon. :) Well done Courtney! :) xxx
  • FizzingWhizbee
    Options
    For you Courtney. Hope you like it. If you don't, I'm happy to change it. :)

Well done!

LoservilleWeek2.jpg
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    Nikki I love the banner. I jsut have to figure how to copy it into my signature. Thanks for teh recognition Rach... those burpees we tough and looked bad but ti did them even though I didn't want to.

Thank you for the hurricane hugs. The hurrican was far enought off the coast of VA that my dad was ok and we didd not recieve as much wind as we thought so all is well her. My uncle lost power but all my family and friendsare safe.

I am totally up to th enext challenge although like jenni i will have to watch the videos.

Claire good luck with your hot pants

Rach I know you can get back on track you rock!

Have a lovely day ladies!
  • FizzingWhizbee
    Options
    Courtney, to get the banner into your signature, just go to my post with the banner in, click to quote me and then copy the code. :)
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Hello my Loserfriends of Loserville ~~

Have I ever missed you girls!! Thank you so much for the messages!

I have been doing alright. Not checking in much on here and not counting calories but still was losing (slowly) until 2 days ago when I gained 18.4 pounds overnight. I do not know what is going on with my body right now, but I have dropped 3.2 of it since then. I have also been getting boils and don't know what is lacking from my diet to cause them. I have a doctor appt Wed to make sure it is not my heart or a blood clot. My legs, ankles, and feet have swelled up to nearly double their size. So I am on exercise restriction and not allowed to do much til my EKG, EEG, and ultrasound.

As for the depression.....doing much much better. I had been eating breads again and have taken myself back off of them. I am watching my sugar intake and that seems to help with the depression. Now if I could just figure out what caused this sudden fluid gain I would be a happy camper.

Hope you are all doing well.

Tami
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Hi Tami, Nice to hear from you. Hope your doctor can sort out what is going on with your body and its easy fixed. Glad you have the depression under control. Keep us informed with how you are going. We are all here for you. :heart:
  • FizzingWhizbee
    Options
    So happy to see you back Tami. I hope the doctor's appointment can sort everything out for you and that it's something that can be easily rectified. :) So glad you seem to be beating the depression too. :flowerforyou:

xxxx
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hey all, back from my festival. No weight loss this week but its TOM and that always bloats me. Booo!

In better news, the boy is moving in this week and has a Wii and has got me a Wii fit! YAY! I am excited to be able to exercise every day. He also works for a gym company (but in IT!) so I get a free gym membership through him. How exciting! :) I am still going to keep my local one as I can just go after work but he is going to help motivate me again.