Men on a Mission - Part 2

Options
Resuming Men on a Mission, Part 1. About to report results for Week 24. Still waiting for PaulC9554, pancho45, and fitPhil2011 before posting the results.

Replies

• Bigeddy
    Bigeddy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Seems that my post was the first one that started the new thread. So a small past action to get it in this one:
    continued from this topic >
    < part one of this topic is here >
    QUOTE:

217.4lbs!

Wow, fantastic job! Unfortunately I have to report bad news. It is a bit more than expected because of a great night out yesterday with friends, including a Chinese buffet and a 'few' beers (Warsteiner for the connoisseurs).

Damage report - Checking all systems: LWW 109 CWW 110,4

More succes to you all, guys. Shouldn't be to hard ;-)
  • tllstaco
    tllstaco Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Posting to get this into "My Topics" so I can get to it easier.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    In case you didn't see it from part 1, I lost the pound I gained the previous week.
    LW 254
    CW 253
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    LWW 341.8 CW 335, I'm hoping I finally have my food and excercise dialed in.
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    Great job guys! I went on a long trip and did terrible, but I'm trying my best to get back on track.
  • PaulC9554
    PaulC9554 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    No loss this week.
    I have felt the pain this week as I am now a 'bicyclist'! I've not taken any long rides yet but I plan to use the bike as part of my fitness regime.
    Looks like a few of us need to stir things up a bit as the weight loss generally seems to be reducing!

Here we go with part 2...
  • pancho45
    pancho45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I posted on the other one as well so just in case you didn't see it, down 6.2 lbs this week from 381 to 374.8, have a good week everyone!
  • apolloag
    apolloag Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Men! Welcome to week 24 of Men on a Mission, Part 2!

Congratulations to stevLL for the win for most pounds lost! Also, I have created a new category for % of weight lost (Biggest Loser style) - I take the win this week! Yay!

week24.bmp

This week, please tell us your top two motivations for losing the weight. It's been several weeks since we have discussed this, so let's revisit it.

My two reasons:
    1) I love my family and I do not want to die early. Therefore, I need to lose this weight and be in shape to reduce health risks.
    2) I want to feel good, I want to be able to run around with my kids, and I want to feel good about the way I look!

Good luck Men!
  • StevLL
    Options
    I think Tim lost 1lb he was at 253 this week. Nice job on the % Adrian. I'm going to have to hit a big number for that. :-)

1) I was tired of having the crappy BP award at the doctor, then they said I was Pre-diabetic, low thyroid, low vit-D, low testosterone and a few other things and then when they figured out my pituitary was pretty much toast. I decided if I was going to stay around and enjoy my life with Vikki I needed to take care of the things I had under my control.

2) I want to be able to be there for Vikki (my wife) She has MS and while most days I still can't keep up with her, there are days she can't move, or see, or you name it because its hard to know how the disease will strike each time. I can't be there for her if I'm a mess and she has had a rough go of it, so she deserves the best I can give.

I love this site and now as they supplement all the hormones I no longer make and I'm getting healthier I feel more alive than I have in years. Finally moving and getting work done around the house and I'm much nicer at work. The staff really love the warmer fuzzier Steve. I keep telling them not to get used to it, haha. :-)
  • StevLL
    Options
    Hi Taco, I saw your question about my calories, so I thought I would post it here for all to see.

I set up 225 as my goal weight with a very active lifestyle setting. As I'm doing my gardening and walking everywhere on campus, but not logging any of that. It set me up with 2830 calories which is way too much. My Endocrinologist set me up on 1800 calories, but that sometimes was not enough. After I read about zigzaging calories I decided to split the difference between the Endo and MFP and not eat my calories back if I earn them, so somedays even though I'm eating 2350 cals or so with my excercise I'm up and down, so my net calories are all over the place, hence the zig-zag affect.

The other thing I'm doing is working on my timing for food. I will lean towards more fats and not so good food in the beginning of the week, but really clean up the food on Thursday , Friday and Saturday so I going into Sunday (weigh in day) with as clean a food intake as possible. Less fats & sodium, more fiber and protein. I stopped trying to hit the carb mark, because in order to hit my fiber without resorting to non-food supplememnts the carbs are going to be up there.

Hope that makes sense,
  • apolloag
    Options
    Good catch - it's fixed in the table above!

Thank you!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    Been a long time since i posted in here...and i need to reset my goal. I want my GW at 235.

My current weight is 273. Only a pound lost.

I've hit quite a plateau and have been teetering beween 272 and 277. up and down up and down. My diet has been good (though unlogged im not hiding anything i just dont have the time right now.....)

I have stepped my workouts up and hopefully my body will respond soon. I just started biking to my gym which is 2 miles each way...and there are some good hills too so i get a good workout, then onto cardio for another 25 minutes at the gym, and then a good set of weights (low weight, high reps) and then the 2 mile bike ride home.

I need to do this to become healthier. I feel A LOT better now than when i was 315 lbs. I definitely have a better drive on life in general, which at this point i need because I'm SUPER BUSY....but the weight just isn't going down, though i am getting way more toned...wish the fat in my midsection would start dissapearing!!! lol.

Anyways-Im back in this game, and will try to stay on top of getting my info in on time.

Sorry for the long winded-ness!

My current weight is 273. :)
  • StevLL
    Options
    Been a long time since i posted in here...and i need to reset my goal. I want my GW at 235.

My current weight is 273. Only a pound lost.

I've hit quite a plateau and have been teetering beween 272 and 277. up and down up and down. My diet has been good (though unlogged im not hiding anything i just dont have the time right now.....)

I have stepped my workouts up and hopefully my body will respond soon. I just started biking to my gym which is 2 miles each way...and there are some good hills too so i get a good workout, then onto cardio for another 25 minutes at the gym, and then a good set of weights (low weight, high reps) and then the 2 mile bike ride home.

I need to do this to become healthier. I feel A LOT better now than when i was 315 lbs. I definitely have a better drive on life in general, which at this point i need because I'm SUPER BUSY....but the weight just isn't going down, though i am getting way more toned...wish the fat in my midsection would start dissapearing!!! lol.

Anyways-Im back in this game, and will try to stay on top of getting my info in on time.

Sorry for the long winded-ness!

My current weight is 273. :)

Welcome back fitPhil.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    I injured my shoulder a couple of weeks ago and my knee has bothered me for at least the last year. Finally went to the doctor today. Ends up I tore my rotator cuff and the Dr thinks I might have arthritis in my knee. Had some Xrays taken got some meds and need to go back in 3 weeks. Was told to lay off racquetball or weights till shoulder is healed. Totally sucks. I was just getting ready to really step it up. Looks like I'll be putting the miles on the treadmill again for a few weeks.
  • Bigeddy
    Options
    Tim, that is bad news. Is cycling not an alternative or perhaps swimming? I know it doesn't compare to an intensive racketsport and it is half the fun when you can't beat or get beaten by an opponent, that's why I like badminton that much. Hope you will recover soon from your injuries. Keep it up!
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Greetings men. Just a quick update. I got a call from the doctor yesterday and it is NOT arthritis in my knee. He now thinks I may have a stress fracture and need to get in for an MRI. Good thing it's not a life long ailment and looks like something that can heal. Bad thing is I now have to take it easy on just about everything. Upper and lower body is banged up. Oh well, I am on vacation for about the next 10 days and will be doing the tour guide duties for visiting family members. Keep up the great job everyone.
  • Bigeddy
    Options
    Last official stop before the holidays: LWW 110.4 CWW 109.4. If possible I will check in this friday just before we leave for 2 weeks to Croatia. I'll try to do some damage control but can't promise anything ;-) See you soon, I'll hook up again later as this is thread is one of the motivators for me. Hang on!
  • tllstaco
    tllstaco Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Down one more pound to 250lb.
  • apolloag
    Options
    215lbs!
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Awww crap! Plus 2 this week.