Men on a Mission - Part 2

Options

Replies

• pancho45
    pancho45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm still in, I log in daily so I'm always around. Thanks for taking over the sheet team, let me know if you need any help as well.

-pancho
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Ok guys, I'm thinking of changing a couple of things up and want to know what y'all think. Many of us have been on this thread for quite a while and some have more recently joined. I've noticed that the total weight lost in the graph don't match some of our tickers. Many of us, me included, began this journey before finding this thread.

I would like to change our start weights to when we began this journey. Some of you have already done an incredible job is losing weight and I think having the total reflected in the graph is 1) a recognition to your achievement and 2) can help inspire the rest of us.

I would also like to simplify the chart a little if that alright with the rest of you. Let me know what you guys think. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more guys on here. If any of you have an MFP friend you think might like to join in, have them send their stats along with a greeting.

I also have a confession to make. I've been using the same scale for my weigh-ins each week. I always knew that it is not the most accurate. Having to go to the doctor's so often lately and getting weighed in has been frustrating in seeing the difference between the two scales. On one of my last visits I asked what my highest recorded weight was from my last visit before I started avoiding going last year and it was 332. Holy crap! Not even I realized I had gotten that heavy. So, my trusty home scale which I have literally had for at least 20 years is weighing me about 15 pounds lighter than I actually am. The bad part is I am 15 pounds heavier and a little further from my goal but I have still lost 57 pounds so far. Until I get a new scale, I will be using one we have in our locker room at work which is a more commercial type.
  • tllstaco
    tllstaco Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Changes sound good to me! Still no weight loss on my front. It has been a very stressful few weeks and my eating has not been what it should be. We finished the biggest piece of one project on Friday so perhaps things will slow down a little and I can calm down and start losing again.

I have also noticed that during the last few weeks that my legs are becoming much more defined and muscular looking. So perhaps the fat loss has been offset by muscle gain.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan Tim. We ended up buying a new scale too. We had one that went to 330lbs, but I think I broke it as it would fluctuate by ten to fifteen lbs within a few seconds. I guess the extra 40lbs was more than it could take. Got a new one at Wally-World for $36 and it goes up to 400lbs and seems to be accurate.
    I started my journey on January 3rd 2011, but did not join MFP till March and by then I was 360lbs. My NSV's lately have been more motivating than the scale. Will officially weigh in tomorrow for my weigh in.
  • pancho45
    Options
    LWW: 362
    CW: 355

Down 7 lbs this week, diet was on point and I was able to get to the gym 5 times and finally got the big week I've been looking for the last couple of weeks. Hope everyone else had a good week, and thanks again to Tim for taking over the forum.
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    Sounds good to me...just let me know what you need!
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Eats, all I will need from you is this weeks weigh in. As long as someone doesn't skip a week, I'll have last weeks weight already. Already have your starting and goal weight (it's also in your signature) so you are good. I will try to get the chart up on Sunday nights or Monday mornings.
  • StevLL
    Options
    Nice job Pancho! CW 325.2 LWW 325.4, so only 2/10ths, but I'll take it. Okay men lets do this!

I may try to do protein shakes and reduce my calories this week to try and hit my mini-goal on time. Basically I have 8 days to lose 10lbs.
  • PaulC9554
    PaulC9554 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    No movement again for me. I'm starting another challenge tomorrow so hopefully this will be the spark I have been looking for to get things moving again. Good luck everyone.
  • Bigeddy
    Bigeddy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well.. LW 109.5, CWW 110.6. I could say I bought a new scale of course:wink: but truth is lack of discipline when going out a day to the zoo with the whole family. No healthy food around there, except if you shoot it yourself. But here in Europe, that isn't allowed..
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    Weighed in on Friday at 385. New weigh in will be on Sundays. If that's a problem lemme know and I will weigh twice.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Thanks gents, I think this will work great. I went out and bought a new scale last night. It too is measuring me heavier and I will be using that scale from now on. I'm using my starting weight provided by my doctor and my current weight to get the total pounds lost. Not as much as I had hoped but it is a start. I actually think I lost this week but that will not reflect in the graph. Just be forwarned, I'm back and I am going to get that top spot here before too long..

Pancho was the big winner this week followed closely by Eats_With_ A_Fist. Congrats guys on a fantastic effort this week.

Week29Results.jpg
  • StevLL
    Options
    Thanks Tim! Nice job Pancho and Eats! You guys are ROCKIN' it!
  • pancho45
    Options
    Thanks guys, I have a goal of reaching the century mark by my birthday (9/20) so I'm really gonna be pushing it the next 7 weeks so be ready!
  • PaulC9554
    Options
    Bit of a move in the right direction at last.
    In at 130.9kg

Every little helps!
  • tllstaco
    tllstaco Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Still no loss this week. My eating has been horrible this week. Met my calories most of the time; however, they tended to be higher in fat.
  • StevLL
    Options
    LWW 325.2 CW 322.6 total loss this week 2.6lbs. Didn't make my goal, but I'm gettin' there.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Greetings men. I had a really good week. This P90X nutrition plan I'm on is a pain to prepare every night but it's paying off on the scale. I've been really busy this week but did manage to get in some good burns. I am down 3.4 pounds this week. Last week 281.2, current weight 277.8.
    I'll wait till tomorrow to post the results so that the others can get their weights in also.
  • StevLL
    Options
    Nice job Tim! WTG! Looks like you're the man to catch this week. Nice!
  • PaulC9554
    Options
    Well done Tim. Awesome drop in a week. Stick with it!