Men on a Mission - Part 2

Options

Replies

• StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    5.8lbs down this seek plus dropped from 46 to 44's in my pants and shorts. Feels good. LWW335 CW329.2 GW 225.
  • StevLL
    Options
    Awww crap! Plus 2 this week.
    LW 253
    CW 255

No worries Tim just start owning that treadmill till you get you racquet on again. YOu got this bet tomorrow it'll be gone.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

No worries Tim just start owning that treadmill till you get you racquet on again. YOu got this bet tomorrow it'll be gone.
    [/quote]

Gotta wait till after I get an mri & results before I'm even allowed to get on the treadmill.
  • MrGizmo
    MrGizmo Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello-

I just joined this site and am starting my first real attempt at weight loss. I wanted to see if there was a group to join for people in similar situations (middle aged....that feels really weird to write, and about 60 pounds to lose).
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Todd
  • pancho45
    pancho45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    LWW: 374.8
    CW: 368.8

Down 6 lbs this week, would have been better if I didn't have a family wedding this past weekend but hey I'll take the six pound loss, good luck everyone!
  • tllstaco
    tllstaco Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Don't worry Tim. Once you get the MRI you can hit it hard again!
  • tllstaco
    Options
    5.8lbs down this seek plus dropped from 46 to 44's in my pants and shorts. Feels good. LWW335 CW329.2 GW 225.

Congrats! Aren't those NSV wonderful! I put on a pair of shorts today that were 38s and I could button them with little effort.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Hello-

I just joined this site and am starting my first real attempt at weight loss. I wanted to see if there was a group to join for people in similar situations (middle aged....that feels really weird to write, and about 60 pounds to lose).
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Todd

Welcome Todd, this is the greatest thread. You might not see that from my recent post but this three and the guys on it have helped me more than they will ever know. The extra bit of competitive spirit really helps to keep me going. As soon as the doc gives me the all clear signal, I'll be pushing it twice as hard. Friend me if you like but I've been a bit on the quiet side the last couple of weeks since my injuries. Again, welcome. Tim
  • StevLL
    Options
    Hello-

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Todd

Hi Todd,

Welcoe and like Tim said this is the best thread. You can do this and we can all help each other. The beauty of this site is the support and the positive encouragement that everyone gives. These guys on this thread rock it and it really helps to have a little competion amongst us. :-) Pancho rock it this week so far with a 6lb loss and dang-namy I'm a comin for him next week. :-) Friend me if you need some support.
  • PaulC9554
    PaulC9554 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bit of a dip this week. In at 131.8kg. This was recorded through the week. I've been out and about all over the weekend and didn't get to the scales so that's my most up to date weigh-in.

Paul C
  • apolloag
    apolloag Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello Men! Sorry it took me a few days to get the week 25 results up! Congrats to pancho and stevLL to taking the lead this week!

week25.bmp

This week's topic - what are you going to do differently on July 4th weekend (for those of us in the USA) to not gain weight, and possibly still lose weight?

Any tips for the rest of us? Ideas? I saw someone post earlier on myfitnesspal that they were going to bring all of their own food to BBQ's. Not a bad idea. I think on BBQ days, I will most likely go lite on breakfast and lunch to allow for some extra eating at the BBQ.

Good luck this week Men!!
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Huge congrats to Pancho and Steve. You guys rock. Just a quick update for you all. First off, its my birthday. Second, I got the call from my doctor that the MRI showed I have a tibial stress fracture. I now have to see an orthopedic doctor. I was absolutely no impact or wieght bearing type activities. That coupled with a torn rotator cuff puts my exercising options into the toilet. Have found myself slipping on the eating and I just need to focus on not gaining any weight. I do think I am going to be up another pound or two this week though. Once I go back to work, things will be a bit easier for me then also.

Again, just want to congratulate Pancho and Steve on an awesome week. Keep up the great work guys.
  • StevLL
    Options
    Happy birthday Tim. You've got this no worries. I hope it all heals soon.
    Great job Pancho.
  • pancho45
    Options
    Happy birthday Tim, get well soon! Thanks everyone, hope everyone has a great holiday weekend...watch out for all those BBQ's!!
  • tllstaco
    Options
    Checkin in today. Down 2 more pounds to 248lb.

Edit: Apollo, can you change my goal weight to 210lb? THANKS!
  • tdonlin
    Options
    It is very shamefaced and with my tail between my legs that I admit another 3 pound gain this week. I have got to get things under control and figure out another way to get my exercising in. I can't believe I'm saying this but I can't wait to get back to work on Tuesday to get back into the routine of my hard boiled eggs, fruit and protein bar meals.
    I'm still waiting to be contacted by the orthopedic doc and the waiting is killing me along with vacation and the holiday. Have faith gents, I will get this figured out sooner or later.

LW 255
    CW 258
  • apolloag
    apolloag Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    212.2lbs!
  • StevLL
    Options
    Okay weighin' in at 331 this morning.:grumble: :embarassed: CW331 LWW 329.2 up 1.8lbs. :-(((:sad: :cry: I was going to go out to garden and sweat it off then post, but not feeling it this morning.

My gain I'm pretty sure is related to the two main changes this week. 1. I ate processed carbs several times. (cutting it out again as I could feel how it affected me.) 2. Only excercised twice. (Thats not enough for me. can't make long hours an excuse) Okay I'm coming back with a new tude for this week, just as soon as I get up from this nap I'm gonna go take. :-)
  • pancho45
    Options
    LWW: 368.8
    CW: 362

Down 6.8 lbs! Did a good amount of cardio this week, started playing basketball again (which I hadn't done in about 4 years and felt great!!), and started strength training. Heading out to the beach today where I'll be surrounded by beer and margaritas so it's gonna be tough but I just have to try and make the right decisions. Happy 4th everyone, have a great week!
  • StevLL
    Options
    Nice job Pancho!

Everyone have a safe and happy fourth of July!