JM 30DS start thurs 6/23 Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Unfortunately, I must agree!! I'm still loving L2 - the plank jacks are my favourite, probably because when I first saw them I thought "no way can I do that" and I can, and it feels good each and every time I do!
    [/quote]

I had one of those breakthrough moments last night myself with the ab move with the weights in the air. First two days I was unable to hold them. Last night got through it with the weights up where they are supposed to be! Woo Hoo! I also like the plank jacks!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    L2D4 done....calfves burn like crazy.....took it easy on it today! Sick of level 2 already!
  • urastupidchimp
    urastupidchimp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Finished L2D5 last night. I'm so glad to be halfway done with this level! These plank moves are killer. I did end up switching from 5lb weights to 3lb weights so that I can finish all of the strength training with weights, and those front lift things in the last circuit are still killing me!

On another note, I've started C25K just to get some more cardio in 3 times a week. Bring on the weight loss!
  • kynichol21
    kynichol21 Posts: 87
    Options
    L2D4 finished. I was supposed to do this one yesterday but I a rough day so it didn't happen but I picked right back up with it this morning. Almost halfway done.
  • poesch77
    Options
    L2D5 done....15/30 days......5 more days then level 3......ready for this to be done already!!! LOL!
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    L2D5 done! Thought about not doing it today since I ran an 8K this morning, but sucked it up and pushed through this evening anyway! Woo Hoo! My kids are starting to hate it when they see me walk into the family room with my workout gear on b/c they know I'm taking over the TV for the next 30 minutes! LOL ...
  • kynichol21
    Options
    L2D6.......ahhhhh......14 days to go!!!!!
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    OK, did D6L2 last night ... and I think I'm not hating this level quite as much any more. While there are still some things I am doing the modified version on, I am making it all the way through now w/no resting anywhere, so I figure that is progress. Just as I get this stinkin' level down, it will be time to move onto level 3!
  • poesch77
    Options
    L2D6.......14 days left.....ready to be done!!!
  • kynichol21
    Options
    L2D7! I felt very strong today all the way through. Level 3 is a butt kicker so I need to focus on building muscles and endurance.
  • poesch77
    Options
    L2D17 done...13 more days....almost to level 3....hopefully there are no more stinkin planks!
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    L2D17 done...13 more days....almost to level 3....hopefully there are no more stinkin planks!

OK, are you at day 7 on level 2 b/c you missed a couple of days? I started on 6/23 ... but I just looked on my calendar and today is my day 10 of level 2 ... and we used to match?

Really? Tomorrow I have to jump to Level 3? Am I ready for that????
  • urastupidchimp
    urastupidchimp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've missed a few days here and there so I have only completed L2D7 so far. Only 3 more days of this level! YAY!! It is a tough one...I made it all the way through the double-jump-ropes, though! I was so proud of myself, even though I was wheezing when I finished, lol.
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    I made it all the way through the double-jump-ropes, though! I was so proud of myself, even though I was wheezing when I finished, lol.

LOL ... You know, I HATE those. Not because I'm too fatigued to do them (though I CERTAINLY feel it by then and am dripping sweat), but b/c if I did them the whole time, I would need to wear a diaper! It's too jarring for my bladder - especially at the end. I do a modified version of them, just alternating between a double and a single for the entire time since I can land the single with a much lower impact. Had to laugh when my daughter saw me doing the video the other day though ... she hasn't seen me do any of it since the beginning of level one when I was doing only modified push ups. She watched me do the first segment of Level 2 and says "Whoa Mom! You can do real push ups now!!" Yay! :)
  • poesch77
    Options

OK, are you at day 7 on level 2 b/c you missed a couple of days? I started on 6/23 ... but I just looked on my calendar and today is my day 10 of level 2 ... and we used to match?

Yes....I took 2 days off over the 4th cuz we went camping...then took sunday off cuz I was having a bad day......so yup, u get to start level 3....let me know how it is!
  • poesch77
    Options

Yes....I took 2 days off over the 4th cuz we went camping...then took sunday off cuz I was having a bad day......so yup, u get to start level 3....let me know how it is!
  • poesch77
    Options
    L2D18 DONE.....I think I may start level 3 earlier......getting bored...and the scale isnt moving!
  • kynichol21
    Options
    L2D18 DONE
  • dragonflydi
    Options

I don't know that I'm ready for that - YIKES! 2 days ago I was thinking I had just completed Day 6 of Level 2, and now I've fast forwarded to day 10 and a new level ... Holy Smokes!

Well, tonight will be interesting now won't it LOL ...
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    OK, ladies, I did D1L3 last night ... have not missed a day yet ... and I'm confused.

For starters, I was beginning to think just the warm up was going to kill me LOL ... but I made it.

Then some of the moves throughout this level were so easy I'm thinking "WTH, shouldn't this have been on level 1" and others made me think "OMG, I do believe she is trying to KILL ME!"

This level has more Plyometric training in it (jump training), which I do find MUCH more intense (on both my muscles and my bladder). I also ran 3 miles that afternoon, so started with someone stressed quads to begin with ... no the best idea - at least not for day 1. I was afraid I was going to be unable to move this morning, but am doing better than expected.

There is a strength move called a 'superman' ... VERY painful to do wearing a chest strap HRM! I think there is a divot in my rib cage ...

I used to like Rock Stars ... now that they have new meaning, I think they suck! LOL ...

I like the plank work in this level ... however, I think that is because much of it is stuff I already do at the gym and therefore I find it a little easier :) Guess I'll have to up the weights on some of these ... I want to benefit from ALL of this work!

Oh, but I have to leave you with "doing jumping jacks while holding 5 lbs weights in each hand ... I knew there was a reason I was going to look into getting smaller handweights!" YIKES!