TWEENERS 10/4

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    So fitness chick share how you lost 8#?????
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Jenn, I posted my water, but forgot my weight. I lost 1 lb this week. Then I got on the scale this morning and lost 2 more lbs. So I'm siked(sp).

In fact, I have forgotten about my water all day and remember over dinner. Now I have a big 32oz cup with water and had some at dinner. I'm going to try to make this water challenge more of a way of life.

As for partners I'm open to whatever anyone wants. Like you said Fitness Chick, it lets you get to know other people. I learned a little about Chrissy this week. It was nice considering I'm kinda new. I also have my Momma on here, that's how I heard about this site. In fact we talk to each other about this stuff all the time. It's definately nice to have someone to talk to during a process like this.

Bring on week #2 of our challenge. Yee Haa!!!!!!! LOLOLOL!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Jenn, I posted my water, but forgot my weight. I lost 1 lb this week. Then I got on the scale this morning and lost 2 more lbs. So I'm siked(sp).

In fact, I have forgotten about my water all day and remember over dinner. Now I have a big 32oz cup with water and had some at dinner. I'm going to try to make this water challenge more of a way of life.

As for partners I'm open to whatever anyone wants. Like you said Fitness Chick, it lets you get to know other people. I learned a little about Chrissy this week. It was nice considering I'm kinda new. I also have my Momma on here, that's how I heard about this site. In fact we talk to each other about this stuff all the time. It's definately nice to have someone to talk to during a process like this.

Bring on week #2 of our challenge. Yee Haa!!!!!!! LOLOLOL!!!

Oh how cool is that ...to have your Mom to chat with about all this...and not only chat but understand what the heck you're talking about regarding the site. lol

I know I tell folks about it and they just smile...and I then know you really can't understand how it all works and the friendly environment unless you truly are a member of MFP.
  • Fitness_Chick

Pretty much the same way the rest has come off.

Clean eating, workouts 5-6 times per week. I do water aerobics, Strength training, Yoga, and other classes that appeal to me while I'm there that might be going on around the time I finish up a cardio class.

Oviously you know by now I drink LOTS of water....:laugh: :drinker: :laugh: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Hm....that's what comes to mind for now. My whole lifestyle has changed in the last year so I'm just continuing over here on MFP now to have support and all sorts of great tools, motivating challenges etc. :happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    For those of you who have sent me your totals thank you - for those of you who have not:angry: I have a feeling though that fitness-chick and christolpistol are going to beat the crap out of the rest of us ! :ohwell: I have to figure my totals yet and will post the winners around dinner time so for those of you in the front running - what is your challenge going to be??????? we will start the new challenge in the morning!

Do the winners get an MFP water bottle???? huh huh huh??? :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    didimiss.gif

Checking in really quick before I sit and watch The Happening with the big kids. Participated in the Race for the Cure today. I haven't seen that many people in one place, at the same time, since I lived I worked in D.C. It was great fun. Although the bridges we had to cross over the AR river kinda freaked me out at first. The whole thing swayed back and forth (like it's supposed to) with all those people walking across it at once. Made me feel like I had a little too much alcohol. :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    didimiss.gif

Checking in really quick before I sit and watch The Happening with the big kids. Participated in the Race for the Cure today. I haven't seen that many people in one place, at the same time, since I lived I worked in D.C. It was great fun. Although the bridges we had to cross over the AR river kinda freaked me out at first. The whole thing swayed back and forth (like it's supposed to) with all those people walking across it at once. Made me feel like I had a little too much alcohol. :laugh:

nuttin honey:laugh:

YAY for you for doing the walk...I remember when you and your friend were going off that day to sign up for it.

How long was the walk? Did you get a Tshirt? How ya feeling now? Yea sorry but I can't EVEN imagnie a swinging bridge....EEK...scares me to hear the words.:grumble:

Sheesh we need a FREAKED OUT SCARED OUT OF IT'S MIND .gif lol

I have so many .gifs on my puter I really should load up more on PhotoBucket to make it easy to access them.

Actually from the last I knew regarding the water challenge....we're still waiting on a number of folks to check back in with their weeks progress report.

Love the lil 'what did I miss' .gif you used...hehehehe....I stole it! er, um I meant to say can I borrow it?:smooched: :noway: :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    I'm so excited that we are starting a new mysterious challenge tomorrow.:laugh:

btw...I'm still drinking water.....and I LOVE IT! I wish I could pass on my adoration of water to those of you that find it tough to drink.:cry::noway:

But I know I can't.....here's how I drink mine if this might help anyone.

Cause I know Jenn shared she does ice with hers, perhaps if we share our water methods it might help others to break through the barrier a bit?

Jump in if you like and add your thoughts:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :yawn:

Ok, so I drink out of 24oz. bottles which as we know is 3-8oz. cups....so when I drink 1 bottle that puts me at 3 already.

Every couple monthes I change up my bottles cause...well, ew, gross....I don't want to use the same ones forever.:noway:

So I buy like a 12 pack of whatever brand and then I drink those (not all at one setting) then at the end of the night before I go to bed I fill all the empty bottles back up and stick them in the fridge.

I really think that's the key for me....cold refrigerated water....crazy or not....it just plain tastes different to me when it's cold rather than right out of the tap.

When I go to fill my bottles up I run the cold water for a few minutes...fill er up and finally get to go to bed after my lil nightly ritual is done.

Then I have YUM YUM YUmmy water for the night and all the next day....and then I do it all over again........UGH....sometimes I get tired of refilling them....but my cats? They aren't trained fully to do that yet.:yawn:

Yea, you're right....I'm tired, great afternoon workout on the weights and jumped in the pool after because it was there and it felt GREAT.

Catch later all.......:flowerforyou: :drinker: :yawn: :yawn:
  • Fitness_Chick
    hm...I imagine some of it was peed out too. lol But seriously I think it was just my week to finally drop a big number....I still have a fair bit to lose so my losses are usually a bit bigger than say someone that has 30 lbs. to lose.

I know my time will come when it slows up on me as well....and today? I can't wait.....but when I get to that point, I imagine I'll be as frustrated as the rest of you that find the last to go the slowest.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    you go daughter nellie. you are doing great. i noticed it in your upper body today when i saw you. keep up the good work. i am so happy:happy: you joined this site also. i was surprised you orderd water last night at dinner, normally you would have ordered soda. now go and get a glass of water, and i'll see you on wednesday.
    lova ya, momma (chipper15173)
  • nellienell12
    Thanks Mommy. I'm trying. Your doing great yourself. Your halfway there!!!!

Another suggestion for water is that I heard that it is better to drink cold water than warm because your body works harder at warming the water up to body temp than with the warm stuff. Don't know if this is true, just something me and co-worker read about on the internet a while ago.

Can't wait for the new challenge. Bring it on. I know I may not do the best, but at least I think about it and try. Later
  • Hey guys! I know I don't get a chance to check in too much, but I've kept in touch with my partner all week. I'm kinda lost though, are we suposed to have a new challenge? Did I miss it? Did jenn10 decide we're switching partners? I hope not, my partner rocks. Anyhow, if someone could catch me up, I'd really appreciate it.:huh:
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Ok so I am sending out messages to everyone in a few minutes to catch everybody up - but first we need our next challenge! fitness-chick - you won all by your self ! amazing! Let me know what the next one is and I will put it in the emails!

As far as partners go -- when you guys get the email - reply if you have heard from your partner and if not we will reasign those few that have lost theirs. Thats the only way i can figure out who is still in!

Great job everbody!:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Ok so I am sending out messages to everyone in a few minutes to catch everybody up - but first we need our next challenge! fitness-chick - you won all by your self ! amazing! Let me know what the next one is and I will put it in the emails!

As far as partners go -- when you guys get the email - reply if you have heard from your partner and if not we will reasign those few that have lost theirs. Thats the only way i can figure out who is still in!

Great job everbody!:drinker:

Ok, folks just now getting on the computer again (I was on earlier but didn't see anyone around) and have sent Jenn the challenge for this upcoming week which actually begins TODAY!:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Hey guys! I know I don't get a chance to check in too much, but I've kept in touch with my partner all week. I'm kinda lost though, are we suposed to have a new challenge? Did I miss it? Did jenn10 decide we're switching partners? I hope not, my partner rocks. Anyhow, if someone could catch me up, I'd really appreciate it.:huh:

Your timing is perfect....Jenn is just about going to be emailing us members with the new challenge details. I believe she's decided to have partners stick together that are still working together. If someone's partner went AWOL then that's when there will be rematches regarding partners.
  • nellienell12
    I can't wait to see what the new challenge is!!!:happy:
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    OHMIGOSH!!!!

i'm so sorry. my brother is in town visiting and i hadnt had time to check in.

but my water consumption for the week was 1680!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....
    i now need to buy stock in cottonelle.

(sorry fitness chick... i'm still here. and still chuggin away)
    brb. gotta pee AGAIN!
  • Hey guys! I know I don't get a chance to check in too much, but I've kept in touch with my partner all week. I'm kinda lost though, are we suposed to have a new challenge? Did I miss it? Did jenn10 decide we're switching partners? I hope not, my partner rocks. Anyhow, if someone could catch me up, I'd really appreciate it.:huh:

Your timing is perfect....Jenn is just about going to be emailing us members with the new challenge details. I believe she's decided to have partners stick together that are still working together. If someone's partner went AWOL then that's when there will be rematches regarding partners.

Thanks so much, I'm still into this, but I don't have alot of time on the computer each day. Just long enough to log in my food. But I do answer emails and I will definately look for jenn10s.
  • Fitness_Chick
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/27747-tweeners-10-12?page=1#posts-263287

Just an FYI to all...the link above 'Tweeners 10/12' is our new thread for week 2:drinker:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    ...How long was the walk? Did you get a Tshirt? How ya feeling now? Yea sorry but I can't EVEN imagnie a swinging bridge....EEK...scares me to hear the words.:grumble: ...

...Love the lil 'what did I miss' .gif you used...hehehehe....I stole it! er, um I meant to say can I borrow it?:smooched: :noway: :laugh:

Well, the actual walk/run/jog started at 8:00 and we started in the middle of the crowd somewhere because Carol dragged me everywhere looking for good spots to take photos. We ended up just doing the 2k (for families) instead of the 5k and we ended our walk about 9:15 or so. I added some pics to my profile if you want to see (last five pics - a couple of the bridges we had to cross too). The last one of me being completely erked that she made me stand there for her to take a pic of me (no make-up and all sweaty). :grumble:

The registration was something like $25 and then you got the t-shirt for free. I got an XL that fit around the belly the way I wanted it to, but it was really long on me (came down to mid thigh) and the arms were like 3 sizes too big and it was long-sleeved. I would've rather had a short-sleeved shirt and then if it was going to be too chilly, just wear a jacket. Oh well. :ohwell:

It was a lot of fun afterward too, since we walked the shops and ate lunch and stuff. We made a day of it and finally left out of "River Market" around 3:00. The weather was absolutely beautiful. Calves felt a little sore since the terrain is a lot different from being on a treadmill, but other than that I felt great - tired, but great.

:happy: I love emoticons. I find them all over the place.
This discussion has been closed.