10 Lbs (or more) in 13 Weeks!

Options

Replies

• Mandalicious
    Options
    Just posted our newest results at: www.schmole.com/myfitnesspal/results.htm
    Looking good, guys! Losses all around this week!

I got on the scale this morning and was shocked to see another 1.0 lb drop to 131.0! Hope I can keep that off (and maybe even more) for next week's weigh-in!

Discouraging news about my knee yesterday - my chiropractor is now also suspecting injury, perhaps torn meniscus. Otherwise, my pain and swelling should not have continued with a full week of rest, ibuprofen, and ice. Monday's MRI should give more conclusive results... and then I will know what I can do about it. In the meantime, I am really trying to ramp up my upper body weight lifting!

Five more weeks, friends! Keep up the good work!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    Just posted our newest results at: www.schmole.com/myfitnesspal/results.htm
    Looking good, guys! Losses all around this week!

I got on the scale this morning and was shocked to see another 1.0 lb drop to 131.0! Hope I can keep that off (and maybe even more) for next week's weigh-in!

Discouraging news about my knee yesterday - my chiropractor is now also suspecting injury, perhaps torn meniscus. Otherwise, my pain and swelling should not have continued with a full week of rest, ibuprofen, and ice. Monday's MRI should give more conclusive results... and then I will know what I can do about it. In the meantime, I am really trying to ramp up my upper body weight lifting!

Five more weeks, friends! Keep up the good work!

Nice job with the strength training Mandy! Today I actually didn't get on the scale this morning. I normally get on it every morning just to see whats going on, and just decided not to today. I am going to see if I can last all the way till weigh in on Friday without getting on the scale - we will see! Thanks for the updated table!
  • henney16
    Options
    Todays weight = 247.2 lbs!!!

I have officially lost 61 pounds! I went through my closet a few days ago and pulled out over half of my clothes that were way too big to wear. Now I have a clean closeth and a reduced wordrobe (a lot of the stuff wasn't being worn when I still fit in it anyway, going to donate my clothes). I have met my goal for our challenge and now I am pushing to hit 240 by the end of this. I like out little group and I hope we stick together and keep working towards our goals. I look forward to hearing from all of you to see your progress this week! Have a great weekend everyone!

Dave
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    Okay, gang. I am actually in Georgia visiting my family, so I don't have a scale to hop on. But I did weight 131.0 on Wednesday and that is what I will record for this week's weigh-in (been hitting that since Saturday). I am really trying to stay on track with my eating even though my parents are typical Southerners and L-O-V-E their fattening foods! I just squeezed in a weight-training session while my boys nap, too. Got GREAT news from the doctor yesterday - inflammation but no permanent knee damage - so with physical therapy I can get back to business. Got the all clear to at least do brisk walking while I am away. Never thought I could be so happy to hear someone say that!

Dave - you are inspiring me! Seriously! Already hit your goal for the challenge?!?! I would be so happy for you if you could make it down to 240 by the end... Show us what you're made of!!

I have 11 more pounds to lose to be at my ultimate goal weight of 120. (Keep in mind that I am only 5'2"). I told my husband that my new motto is "Eleven in 2011!" What better way to start the new year than to be in awesome shape?! Anyway... right now I will just take it day to day and work on getting there slowly but surely.

How is everyone else???
  • henney16
    Options
    Alrighty - where is everyone at? Hope you are all doing ok!!!
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    SW 219.
    W1 (7/1) 217.
    W2 (7/8) 213.
    W3 (7/15) 211.
    W4 (7/22) 209.
    W5 (7/29) 210 OOOOPSIE up +1
    W6 (8/05) 206
    W7 (8/12) 205
    W8 (8/19) 204
    W9 (8/30) 203

This was with no exercise ....
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    Okay, so Friday morning I sprinted out to work without weighing in ... and I remembered but didn't want to do it that evening. Saturday I was out first thing for my youngest's 3v3 soccer tourney -- her team won first in the u13 division (she's almost 11, so that was great!). Then Saturday night came the storm and I ended up running fire department jobs for Sunday and Monday ... pretty much non-stop. No gym. Eating like cr@p. Jumped on the scale first thing this morning. 203. So, down a pound despite all. Yay. I'll use this for last Friday's tally. Oh, and my gym is still closed without power .....
  • henney16
    Options
    Weighing in a day early - leaving for Michigan late tonight after I get off work.

Today's weigh in = 244.2!

Kind of seems weird to drop 3 pounds with limited formal exercise this week, but we have been much busier at work, which means a lot more standing, moving around, helping customers and less sitting down at my desk. All in all, happy with the results. Most of my summer shorts are huge on me, but I am not buying anymore until next year! I have 1 pair of jeans I can wear, so I'll have to get more of those.

Mandy - hope you're trip is going well and you are enjoying your moms cooking! That must be a challenge!

Hope everyone else is doing well also!!
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    SW 219.
    W1 (7/1) 217.
    W2 (7/8) 213.
    W3 (7/15) 211.
    W4 (7/22) 209.
    W6 (8/05) 206
    W7 (8/12) 205
    W8 (8/19) 204
    W9 (8/30) 203
    W10 (9/2) 204 +1

Struggling a bit here. Eating is way off. Anniversary weekend followed by hurricane weekend and my second job fired up ... not exercising either, hafta set a routine. I'm in it!
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    SW 219.
    W1 (7/1) 217.
    W2 (7/8) 213.
    W3 (7/15) 211.
    W4 (7/22) 209.
    W6 (8/05) 206
    W7 (8/12) 205
    W8 (8/19) 204
    W9 (8/30) 203
    W10 (9/2) 204 +1
    W11 (9/9) 204 +0 ... at least it wasn't a gain.

Need to get on a schedule again.
  • henney16
    Options
    245.6 this morning. Up 1.4 lbs from last week. Awesome weekend in Michigan and I enjoyed it, even the bad eating part of it! Need to get back at it this week and get back below 244!
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    So I am BACK! After my 16 day trip to GA, I hit the scale this morning for a big disappointment. I expected a gain as poorly as I ate, but three pounds was a shock!! Argh. I hope I can get it off fast and get back to work on getting to my goal weight. I definitely made choices that weren't good for me - BBQ pork, mac and cheese, poundcake, chocolate cake, ice cream, brownies, fried chicken, fried squash, fried shrimp... you get the idea. But that was what was available and so I ate what everyone else did. I have to admit that I felt really crummy a good bit of the time that I was there - sluggish, bloated, etc. I LEARNED something about myself - I really do feel better and have more energy when I am eating healthily and working out regularly. Go figure. :)

Here's my plan: stick to my 1200 net calories per day. I am going to try to net fewer, but I find that I get really hungry when I don't eat my exercise calories back. We'll see. I am jogging every other day and doing weights in between. Next Sunday, I am running a 5K (Race for the Cure) in honor of my mom's five year breast cancer survivor anniversary! Then I will take one day off and start the P90X DVDs with my husband. I am a little intimidated, but I want to really "bring it" as they say.

As of today, I weigh 134. That's three pounds over my lowest weight since joining mfp. Bummer. BUT... I know exactly what it takes to bring my weight down and my fitness up. And I am absolutely 100% determined to do just that! I want to hit 120 pounds by the end of this year. That's my ultimate goal: 120 by the start of 2012. I think I can do it!

I am sorry that I was off the grid for so long. I literally had no way of accessing the site while I was in Georgia. But I am back, looking forward to catching up, and looking forward to seriously hammering away for the last bit of this challenge. Who is still with me on it?

Mandy
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    Missed you!

My second job kicked in, which has upended my schedule. Plus, the kids are back at soccer (3 kids have 7 teams if they each make the school team). So, the gym? I've been getting there twice a week for about a month, instead of the 90 minutes per day 6 times a week that I was doing ....

Cheers,

Sean
  • henney16
    Options
    Glad to have you back Mandy - missed our leader! I am in a similar situation to Sean - my schedule has gotten a little more hectic, and my sister-in-law who helps with my daughter a few times a week has started classes so it means less time for dave to get on his bike! I do some 30DS at home when I can, but I am in the process of joinging a gym I can go to after getting off work at 10pm during the week. I think I have found one that is open till 11pm on weeknights that is in my budget, but that will really only work if I'm off by 930, so I am still looking around. Hoping to be down come weigh in time on Friday. Yes I've already made my goal weight for our challenge, I am just affraid I've stalled! Here's to continuing on!

Dave
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    Yes, thankfully, like Dave I, too, have made my goal. But stalled. Am working on dropping. At least I haven't gone up!
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    SW 219.
    W1 (7/1) 217.
    W2 (7/8) 213.
    W3 (7/15) 211.
    W4 (7/22) 209.
    W6 (8/05) 206
    W7 (8/12) 205
    W8 (8/19) 204
    W9 (8/30) 203
    W10 (9/2) 204 +1
    W11 (9/9) 204 +0 ... at least it wasn't a gain.
    W12 (9/15) 199.1

Logging a day early. Until this week, I've only been looking at the scale once a week, but this week every day cos I knew I was close to dropping below 200 for the first time since 1999!!!!!!! Very, very cool!

Part of this might be a cheat. I've been doing weights Thursday evenings--to the point of being sore--and I bet it was adding a little water weight to my check-ins. Not doing that this week. Also, have been focusing on eating since Sunday, keeping the calories down. :-D
  • henney16
    Options
    I checked in a day early as well, today is going to be crazy and it was just TOO cold to ride this morning without the proper attire. Long day of work and I just wanted to weigh in today.

243.4 pounds this morning - and I am happy with that :)
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    You guys! Reading your posts this morning I thought that I was off a day! I have a day left yet, though. :) Hope, hope, hoping to get that last vacation pound off by tomorrow so I can break into new lower weight than before!
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    Yay. I didn't bounce back up today. 198.9 at check in. :-D
  • henney16
    Options
    I weighed the same as yesterday this morning when I checked also. My goal for the next week is to sign up at the gym I want to join (after I check it out of course) and get some miles on the stationary bike as well as begin a strength training regimine(sp) - on top of the 30DS stuff I've been doing. I am postponing starting P90X until after the holidays (and after my son is born) just because I don't want to get into it and then slack off when my boy is born!

Happy Friday everyone, hope we are all doing well. Mandy, do you plan on doing another challenge for the winter? I think if we do, we should try and recruit a few more people :)

Dave