Paelo Challenge

Options
12345679»

Replies

• ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yes it is.. I have celiac's disease so I have to make sure everything I eat is gluten free
    today’s breakfast 2 steakeez steaks and dried mushrooms fried in coconut oil, water and 1 tbs of San-j teriyaki sauce then 2 eggs scrambled in once the meat is browned..YUM!!!:love:

Is that San-J teriyaki sauce GF? I tolerate small amounts of soy sauce as long as its gluten free.

I found San-J Gluten Free Tamari in individual, single serving packets at Safeway, a local to Seattle grocery. They had a box of them and I bet we can find them on Amazon! Nice for traveling.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Yes it is.. I have celiac's disease so I have to make sure everything I eat is gluten free
    today’s breakfast 2 steakeez steaks and dried mushrooms fried in coconut oil, water and 1 tbs of San-j teriyaki sauce then 2 eggs scrambled in once the meat is browned..YUM!!!:love:

Is that San-J teriyaki sauce GF? I tolerate small amounts of soy sauce as long as its gluten free.

I found San-J Gluten Free Tamari in individual, single serving packets at Safeway, a local to Seattle grocery. They had a box of them and I bet we can find them on Amazon! Nice for traveling.

I find the San-j sauces at Whole Foods.. but I am sure you an order them online
  • rachpiper720
    rachpiper720 Posts: 204
    Options

How do others plan their meals? Do you come up with ideas at the beginning of the week and mostly stick to them? Do you have an ad hoc approach depending on what is in the cupboard? I am beginning to see the virtues of the way my mum used to cook - a 2 week menu would be on the wall and that would govern the shopping and meals (we were very poor) - I could always tell what day of the week it was by what we were eating, Wednesdays were my favourite lunch as we had left-over sausages in our sandwiches!!!!

I like a lot of variety, but I'm single don't have the time nor the family to cook for. So what I do it get the staple veggies, meats, eggs, nuts, etc, but then I also pick out a couple recipes I want to try in the next week or two and add the ingredients to the shopping list. That way I feel like I get my variety with out having to starve due to lack of creative motivation. However, it seems since I've become primal I've had to be more creative and exciting about my cooking. Uncured bacon and eggs can only go so far. My spice collection has doubled and my freezer space is getting scarce, but I really love the food!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    good thing is I'm getting creative with veggies. I have stacks of cookbooks that I never open but have been using a couple of tapas and veggie ones to create exciting vegetable combos to have with my meat. I agree that spices are a great thing to have around. the other night I made a french bean and roasted pine nut combo to have with my steak - simple but perfect.

My main problem has been evenings during the week - to start with I was not eating enough at lunch, so would be ravenous when I got home and not capable of thinking through a meal properly. thanks to people here I have now sorted that (more meat, more fat) and can get creative.

One thing I noticed tonight - and it may just be that I was feeling energetic or imagining it, but I felt really strong on the climbing wall tonight, PLUS I did not have the fear of falling that often holds me back. In fact, I kept losing my footing in trying to do the last clip, was dangling with one arm repeatedly trying to clip in and wasn't in the least bit bothered that if I fell it would be a LONG fall past the last clip. I found it exhilarating for once and am back to the no-fear I had when I first started climbing.

Could be coincidence, could be a lack of sluggishness holding my brain back....
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bump:glasses:
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Has anyone here tried Primal Fuel? Paleo or not-paleo discussions aside, I'd be interested in trying it out simply due to the fact that its list of ingredients is so much shorter than your typical protein powder.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Has anyone here tried Primal Fuel? Paleo or not-paleo discussions aside, I'd be interested in trying it out simply due to the fact that its list of ingredients is so much shorter than your typical protein powder.

I know someone who has and says it's good. I'm not willing to take out a second mortgage to buy a tub myself. :wink:
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    How are people doing on this?

I'm new to the forum but have been eating Primal for over a year now (obviously slight cheats here and there, but I haven't bought bread, pasta, legumes or processed crap for home in over a year).
    Glad I came to the second page and saw this.

I'm down about 20lbs from when I started (which was down about 15 lbs from my peak weight). I still have about 10-15 lbs to go but I'm loving it. I really buckled down this past week (have a bit of a challenge with my fiancee) and have lost 4 lbs. She's lost 6.5.

Anyways, good luck to everyone who's trying this out! It's great and really really is the way to eat. So much misinformation out there.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    So I am heading to Moab this next weekend with a bunch of carb-loaders, and I need some ideas for camping, paleo-friendly snacks. I am planning on nuts, dried fruit, and jerky. I think I might bring some hard-boiled eggs for snack at the campsite. I am not sure if I am going to be able to do much cooking other than in my dutch oven, and I might have to compromise with some of the meals because I won't be doing all the meal planning. I will try and stay as paleo as possible, but it might be hard. Can you guys offer up any other suggestions???

Is there fire at your campsite? Bring yourself some meat and sweet potatoes (or any other veggies and cook it on the fire). Your other options of nuts, jerky, and dried fruit are great for snacking. hard-boiled eggs are great as well. What about natural organic wieners to roast over the fire? Sausages?

It won't be easy though that's for sure.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options

I know someone who has and says it's good. I'm not willing to take out a second mortgage to buy a tub myself. :wink:

Me neither. The lack of soy and addition of saturated fat makes it a top dog in my book though.
  • CaveGal
    CaveGal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh I wish I had found this thread a month ago! I want to join the challenge too:) I've actualy just started reading Primal Blueprint and found it extremely interesting.
    I need to bump this post to read it later:) as I see there is a lot of useful info here. Thanks guys.
  • Alyx128
    Alyx128 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. However I may do a version with some dairy because I am allergic to beef and pork and this severely limits my protein choices, especially since I am on a tiny-tiney food budget. That being said, I have been doing this diet for about a week already (without dairy) and I love it, but I can foresee myself growing tired of chicken breast.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    checking in.. how is everyone doing?. I did my first cross fit workout today.. I enjoyed it and can really tell I worked out without feeling like I'd been hit by a truck when I was done.