30DS Started TODAY 6/23- Join if/when you want.

Options

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    L1D6 Done - I rocked it today! :happy:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    L1 day 8 done.

Didn't realise you were supposed to tense your muscles the whole time whilst doing crunches, I kept releasing with each breath.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 10 done. YESSSSSS!
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    L1D7 done and I followed it with Leslie Sansones walk away the lbs 3 miles Abs. This was a great follow up because while the intensity was less I still burn a siilar amount of cals/min.
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Day 8 completed yesterday. Day 9 completed today (7/2). Tomorrow (Sunday) is my day off exercising, so I'll be back again on Monday to check in!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Day 1 of level 2 done (which is my day 11). This is getting confusing. :laugh:

Certainly had to wipe the sweat from my brow afterwards.
  • mehs04
    Options
    Finished day 10. I think I'm ready to start level 2 tomorrow.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Hi

I also started on June 23 or was it the 24th? but have had 3 days off (one forgiveable as had a funeral and a birthday party on the same day, both exhausting) the other two because I attended a 4 day musical festival and was simply too lazy after staying up past 3am

but day 8 is today, so I would liek to join along if not too late

I find that my abs are getting stronger but shoulder presses are still difficult - I snuck a peak at level 2- um definitel still doing the modified version and might just have to modify it further!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Level 1 day 8 done, can't wait to move on to level 2!
  • Chris_476
    Chris_476 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started today .... I'm not sure how to add it to my exercise diary though. Can anybody help with that? I'm on LEVEL 1. Thanks so much!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    I just started today .... I'm not sure how to add it to my exercise diary though. Can anybody help with that? I'm on LEVEL 1. Thanks so much!

I log it in the cardio section, using 'circuit training', 20 minutes. I have a HRM, and at level 1 I was using about 155-165 calories, but yesterday on my first day of level 2 it went up to about 175 I think.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

I log it in the cardio section, using 'circuit training', 20 minutes. I have a HRM, and at level 1 I was using about 155-165 calories, but yesterday on my first day of level 2 it went up to about 175 I think.

I have an hrm and am burning between 191-224 for level 1, just goes to show how much we all vary.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

I have an hrm and am burning between 191-224 for level 1, just goes to show how much we all vary.

Or how hard we work at it!!! :blushing:
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done - and even my hubby (who is a "long distance runner" (must be said in a cocky tone) tried last night and admitted that it is "challenging" :laugh:

2 more times at level 1 and then I will attempt level 2
  • helloclaire
    helloclaire Posts: 191
    Options
    Hello peeps-

I'll jump on in this 30DS thread. I started on Sunday 6/26, and here's what I have to share so far:

Sun 6/26 - L1D1 - no weights, sweated like a pig, threw up afterward.
    Mon 6/27 - L1D2 - 3lb weights starting this day
    Tues 6/28 - L1D3
    Wed 6/29 - L1D4 - did Cardio Max warm up + level 1 beforehand, so was very tough
    Thurs 6/30 - L1D5 - forgot the DVD but still did it with instructions found online
    Fri-Sun 7/1-7/3 - Traveling
    Mon 7/4 - L1D6 - back on track. Also did the Cardio Max, after which I threw up, but did the shred nevertheless.

[Edit/Add:

YES I have seen changes. I feel I maybe lost a solid pound in the less-than-a-week I did it, but of course my diet had to do with it too. You do lose inches and it's great. I can tell my stomach is getting flatter and my legs and arms, too. Shorts I have worn for years are too loose for me now. I totally worship Jillian now. The Shred is not too challenging to follow. I feel The Biggest Loser Cardio Max is much more difficult; I've done the 5 minute warm up and 20 minute level 1 with Bob, and I prefer Jillian over him.

Hope this helps! :) ]

I am aiming to do it everyday. I do "girl push-ups" but as for the rest, I think I'm following along okay. I'll be moving right onto L2 once 10 days are up, I think.

For those of you on L2 - do you feel it's a lot harder than L1?
  • Lorna1976
    Lorna1976 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    DVD arrived in the post at the weekend so have decided to start the 30DS tonight.

I actually go on holiday on the 30th July so only have 25 days.

Should I do level 1 for 5 days and then straight into level 2?
  • mehs04
    Options
    Just finished Day 11 ... Day of 1 of level 2. UGH!!!!! I was feeling good about how well I was doing on level 1, and then came level 2. All those planks are killers, and I had to take a breather for a few seconds quite often.

On a good note, my knee that I hurt the first time I started doing the Shred is still going strong.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Hello peeps-

I'll jump on in this 30DS thread. I started on Sunday 6/26, and here's what I have to share so far:

Sun 6/26 - L1D1 - no weights, sweated like a pig, threw up afterward.
    Mon 6/27 - L1D2 - 3lb weights starting this day
    Tues 6/28 - L1D3
    Wed 6/29 - L1D4 - did Cardio Max warm up + level 1 beforehand, so was very tough
    Thurs 6/30 - L1D5 - forgot the DVD but still did it with instructions found online
    Fri-Sun 7/1-7/3 - Traveling
    Mon 7/4 - L1D6 - back on track. Also did the Cardio Max, after which I threw up, but did the shred nevertheless.

[Edit/Add:

YES I have seen changes. I feel I maybe lost a solid pound in the less-than-a-week I did it, but of course my diet had to do with it too. You do lose inches and it's great. I can tell my stomach is getting flatter and my legs and arms, too. Shorts I have worn for years are too loose for me now. I totally worship Jillian now. The Shred is not too challenging to follow. I feel The Biggest Loser Cardio Max is much more difficult; I've done the 5 minute warm up and 20 minute level 1 with Bob, and I prefer Jillian over him.

Hope this helps! :) ]

I am aiming to do it everyday. I do "girl push-ups" but as for the rest, I think I'm following along okay. I'll be moving right onto L2 once 10 days are up, I think.

For those of you on L2 - do you feel it's a lot harder than L1?

No, level 2 just seems different to me, not harder, although I am sweating more!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    thought i'd drop in and say hi too. i'm posting on another 30DS thread but the more the merrier!

yesterday was day 8 on level 1 for me. once i got over the first few days i found it gets a bit easier, certainly less sore, although i'm thinking level 2 on thursday this week will knock me down a peg or two!

have manged not to miss a day yet and weighed myself after week 1 and had lost 4lbs. loving the 30 DS shred and these threads where everyone can check in.

lets get shredded!

:happy:
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    L1D8 done this morning.

I took a rest day Sunday and walked 5 miles with Leslie sansone yesterday so didn't have the energy after that!