30DS Started TODAY 6/23- Join if/when you want.

Options

Replies

• gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Day 23 level 3 done!

I'm getting carpet burns on my elbows from the planks, how annoying and they look awful :frown: At least my shredded body should be the main focus and not them, lol!:bigsmile:

lol! i'm so glad you mentioned that skinnyinnotime! i thought it was just me! lol. we have a wooden floor but i do the floor exercises on a rug and the carpet burns are so annoying!! its just those elbow to plank moves in the beginning and the very last ab session that does it. today (day 25) i grabbed a couple of cushions from the sofa and used them for those 2 moves - that seemed to help. hard for a guy to explain carpet burns on his elbows!! :laugh: :tongue:
  • helloclaire
    helloclaire Posts: 191
    Options
    I did the first day of Level 3 today.

I feel sick.

The first circuit was the WORST. Got cramps. Thought I was going to die. Worse than the first day of this, when I threw up. Awful, awful, awful.

The second circuit went by reasonably fast. I'd say the second circuit is my favorite.

The third was really tough, too. I did the modified version for almost all of the moves. Really awful but not as awful as the first circuit.

Overall, though, I can tell it goes by faster. But it's touch. I've been having a headache since I finished. I might throw up. I don't know.

://
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options

I feel sick.

The first circuit was the WORST. Got cramps. Thought I was going to die. Worse than the first day of this, when I threw up. Awful, awful, awful.

The second circuit went by reasonably fast. I'd say the second circuit is my favorite.

The third was really tough, too. I did the modified version for almost all of the moves. Really awful but not as awful as the first circuit.

Overall, though, I can tell it goes by faster. But it's touch. I've been having a headache since I finished. I might throw up. I don't know.

You poor thing! Level 3 is tough, and after 1 day of it I wasn't sure how I was going to cope. Thankfully I haven't thrown up though - hope you don't either. I would say don't push yourself to that extreme; modify where you need to. You can always do it again without modification later. I moan about it, but I have been doing general exercise for about 15 years (including a few years of planks, so i'm very used to them), and i still can't do everything at the more advanced level.

Hope tomorrow is better for you.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Day 23 level 3 done!

I'm getting carpet burns on my elbows from the planks, how annoying and they look awful :frown: At least my shredded body should be the main focus and not them, lol!:bigsmile:

lol! i'm so glad you mentioned that skinnyinnotime! i thought it was just me! lol. we have a wooden floor but i do the floor exercises on a rug and the carpet burns are so annoying!! its just those elbow to plank moves in the beginning and the very last ab session that does it. today (day 25) i grabbed a couple of cushions from the sofa and used them for those 2 moves - that seemed to help. hard for a guy to explain carpet burns on his elbows!! :laugh: :tongue:

LOL! Yeah, when i told hubby he laughed and said people would be puzzled....on the elbows huh??!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

I feel sick.

Ah no, that sounds terrible for you.

I have felt sick a few times, but I know it's because i hadn't let enough time pass since my last meal. Could this perhaps be a reason for you?

Hope it improves for you.:flowerforyou:
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Completed day 26 (level 3 day 6). I'm so excited! I'm really going to finish this! Yes, I still do many modifications on level 3, and those sumo squats are killers, but I've stuck with it this far, and I know I can do 4 more days!!!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Completed day 26 (level 3 day 6). I'm so excited! I'm really going to finish this! Yes, I still do many modifications on level 3, and those sumo squats are killers, but I've stuck with it this far, and I know I can do 4 more days!!!!!

Of course you can and will! It is exciting isn't it, the anticipation of the finaly results!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Day 24 done yay!!!

My 6 week 6 pack arrived today, gave it a try after the shred, man it's so fast paced, takes me a while to figure out the position/move and some are only for gymnasts i'm sure!!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    I've just done day 28. It is dawning on me that there will be no graduation ceremony, no bouquet of flowers and my partner will scoff as it is just girly dancing around. How will I mark the big occasion? I could possibly have my first glass of wine since May (sad, I know). Anyone else got any ideas? I feel we should do SOMETHING, even if only virtually. :drinker:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    P.S. This thread has had 230 posts so far (I suppose 231 now), but 2663 views!!! I feel all shy now :blushing: .
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I've just done day 28. It is dawning on me that there will be no graduation ceremony, no bouquet of flowers and my partner will scoff as it is just girly dancing around. How will I mark the big occasion? I could possibly have my first glass of wine since May (sad, I know). Anyone else got any ideas? I feel we should do SOMETHING, even if only virtually. :drinker:

Well I think MFP need to have some more emoticons for occasions like this, like a trophy, medal, star etc.

We can give each other loads of :bigsmile: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • helloclaire
    helloclaire Posts: 191
    Options
    skinnyinnotime & maggieholmes:

Thank you so much for your support. :) It does mean a lot to me!
    I did Day 2 of Level 3 today, and I think it was better than yesterday. I did the modified version for most of the moves, so I think that helped a lot. I was sweating like crazy (for some reason I didn't sweat as much as I thought I would yesterday).

I think one of the least favorite parts of level 3 is the third circuit cardio. You're basically doing big jumps nonstop for two minutes! Hate the "rockstar" jumps!

Only 8 days left! Ahhh.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

I did Day 2 of Level 3 today, and I think it was better than yesterday. I did the modified version for most of the moves, so I think that helped a lot. I was sweating like crazy (for some reason I didn't sweat as much as I thought I would yesterday).

I think one of the least favorite parts of level 3 is the third circuit cardio. You're basically doing big jumps nonstop for two minutes! Hate the "rockstar" jumps!

Only 8 days left! Ahhh.

You are very welcome clairepoint. Hope it continues to get better for you. It would be good to hear how you are getting on; this group will presumably fizzle out soon, as we all finish, so why not 'friend' me? In fact, I'd be very happy to be friends with everyone here, so that's an open invitiation. :flowerforyou:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Day 29 done. And guess what? No modifications! Can't believe I managed that. I still can't go very far down in push-ups, but hey, you can't have everything. :smile:
  • bwinslow42
    Options
    I am new here what is 30DS and how do I join?
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Only 8 days left! Ahhh.

Glad to hear it was better. I hate those rockstar jumps, i'm not doing them as high anymore as the impact has been bad on my lower back.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Day 29 done. And guess what? No modifications! Can't believe I managed that. I still can't go very far down in push-ups, but hey, you can't have everything. :smile:

Well done you!!

I've been following Natalie throughout. Although those jump lunges are beyond me, I start off with jumps, which turn into kind of hops and then I follow Anita, lol!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I am new here what is 30DS and how do I join?

It's Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workout dvd.
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options

Good for you! I still modify a number of things on level 3. I don't know if I'll ever do all of them without modifications, but that's okay. I'm still moving and exercising a lot more than I used to!

I finished day 27 (level 3 day 7) today. I feel like there should be some sort of special occasion to mark it, too.
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    anyone else having trouble finishing in this heat? yesterday would've been my 5th day of level 3, but i had to stop during the third circuit, simply couldn't finish because i felt so sick.