30DS Started TODAY 6/23- Join if/when you want.

Options

Replies

• mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Finished day 23 (level 3 day 3).

I take Sundays off.

My plans when I complete the 30 days are to do another 30 days of the Shred, this time doing 2 days of level 1, 2 days of level 2, and 2 days of level 3 per week.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Day 24 polished off. Starting to wonder what I'm going to do after day 30 (after I've had a rest, that is). Have got a weight training DVD; maybe that. Any other ideas?

How is everybody's body looking? I can deffo see some changes on the arms, and now have much smaller abdominal region, and then kind of generally everywhere really, although I'm not sure my measurements have changed much.

Oh, and I use 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs) weights for some things, and 3 kg (6.6 lbs) for a few easier things (that's all the weights I've got).

How about Ripped in 30?! I've been thinking of getting another of Jillians dvds, just not sure which one.

My arms are looking good, legs ok, as for mid section i'm just not seeing any difference...well a little but the jelly belly is not shifting and it's not attractive and certainly doesn't resemble anything like the 'before and afters' i've seen in other peoples results. Oh well, another 10 days might make some more difference....i hope!

Thanks for that - I went and read the reviews and ripped in 30 does come out very well, so I've ordered it!
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support, so I have just finished day 2 level 1 and I think someone broke into my house last night and swapped my weights for much heavier ones!! I found today a bit easier than yeasterday. I still really struggled with the pushups and the cardio (especially in the middle rep of cardio) but my arms BURNED today!!

Tomorrow I have plans after work so I will try and drag myself out of bed early and do this before work tomorrow morning!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Day 21, first day of level 3 done...walking push ups??? OMG!!! I sweated like a piggy with this, what are they called, Rock jumps? Hmm, i really can't get that high off the ground. Jeeeze the next 9 days are going to be, um...tough!!

I had a look at my before photos compared to ones i took today and was surprised to see the difference, I say surprised but more like SOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Just done day 25. I simply can't do the last cv routine at advanced level (the one where you balance planks on the weights then lift arms & legs), so I do half at advanced then half at beginner's level. But otherwise, it's going great now. I'm so pleased I decided to do this - I feel and look better without question. And bravo to everybody else for working at it.

To mehs04, respect to you and your hubby for doing it together.

Carteremma - well done, and keep going. You won't regret it.

And skinnyinnotime, you see! You see! I'm so pleased for you. Level 3 does get easier, don't worry.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Just done day 25. I simply can't do the last cv routine at advanced level (the one where you balance planks on the weights then lift arms & legs), so I do half at advanced then half at beginner's level. But otherwise, it's going great now. I'm so pleased I decided to do this - I feel and look better without question. And bravo to everybody else for working at it.

And skinnyinnotime, you see! You see! I'm so pleased for you. Level 3 does get easier, don't worry.

Yeah those are tough too, I was a quivering wreck with those! I kept thinking my weights would break lol!

What's everyone else doing after this? I can't decide between Ripped in 30 and No More Trouble Zones - was also considering 6 pack in 6 weeks!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    just did my first day of level 3. after watching the video first, i was so intimidated and afraid to do it. then i ate some more pizza and knew it was time.

it was tough for me. the traveling plank push-ups were difficult, and it really hurt my hands and wrists to lean on the weights for that other exercise that everyone's complaining about :P

glad i did it though! i just took new pictures and i definitely see an improvement, especially from the side view. before 30ds, my tummy stuck out almost as far as my boobs -- now it's retreated a bit further back! aha! i still have a lot to lose and i was hoping for more dramatic results, but i still have the rest of level 3 and i'm really impressed with myself for sticking it out this far :)
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options

Yeah those are tough too, I was a quivering wreck with those! I kept thinking my weights would break lol!

What's everyone else doing after this? I can't decide between Ripped in 30 and No More Trouble Zones - was also considering 6 pack in 6 weeks!

I don't think I even want to know about the last CV routine on level 3!

once I complete this dvd I will be close to my vacation (I leave on August 13th to go back home to the US)

I had planned to start shred-it with weights as I downloaded that one and 6 pack in 6 weeks at the same time as the 30DS (itunes had an offer) but since I will be at home, think I will buy ripped in 30 and try to start that from the US
  • mehs04
    Options
    Finished day 24 (level 3 day 4). Feel like I'm on the home stretch.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    day 6 level 2 done- some things better, had trouble (again) finishing the last ab exercise as my left bicep kept cramping/ spasming- so I had to stop for about 2-4 secs twice- - I then did about 30 seconds or so of bicycle crunches to help make up for it a bit- I feel like my legs are getting stronger, my arms are stronger, crunches are less difficult - so all good things!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Day 22 level 3 done and so was I :bigsmile:

I have ordered Jillians 6 week 6 pack to keep working on this belly of mine, am determined to get rid of it. or at least minimise it as much as possible!!

Was wondering if anyone is getting aches in their pelvic area? I'm assuming it's from the abs exercises, I've also been doing some extra abs stuff when I can manage it.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Day 26 level 3 out of the way; 4 more to do. Burning fewer calories now (I use a HRM), and not sure if that is because I'm getting stronger or it is something to do with the really cold weather we are having in the UK.

Pelvic aches no - but I am hurting a bit in the armpits, of all places. :laugh:

I'm going to do Ripped in 30, assuming it will play on my DVD player (it says it is multi-region, but we will see). I ordered it a few days ago, but it might take a while to get over here from the US.

By the way, I've never seen my belly as flat as it is now. Makes me want to put a bikini on, but it might look a bit strange in the cold and pouring rain that is with us here these days. And anyway, not very becoming for a 53 year-old.

I feel myself starting to ramble - apologies - post work-out stress syndrome (PWOSS).Time for bed. :yawn:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Day 26 level 3 out of the way; 4 more to do. Burning fewer calories now (I use a HRM), and not sure if that is because I'm getting stronger or it is something to do with the really cold weather we are having in the UK.

Pelvic aches no - but I am hurting a bit in the armpits, of all places. :laugh:

I'm going to do Ripped in 30, assuming it will play on my DVD player (it says it is multi-region, but we will see). I ordered it a few days ago, but it might take a while to get over here from the US.

By the way, I've never seen my belly as flat as it is now. Makes me want to put a bikini on, but it might look a bit strange in the cold and pouring rain that is with us here these days. And anyway, not very becoming for a 53 year-old.

I feel myself starting to ramble - apologies - post work-out stress syndrome (PWOSS).Time for bed. :yawn:

Pah to age limits in what you can wear, I'll bet you look fitter than many 20 somethings.

You can wear a bikini, you'll just have to have a mac to hand when the sun disappears and the rain starts, yet again. Surely we must be due a day soon where it doesn't rain??

I'm 42 and went clubbing until 6.30am the other weekend and am off out this weekend to do similar...the shred will have to take a back seat!
  • helloclaire
    helloclaire Posts: 191
    Options
    Level 2 Day 10 completed!!!!!!!!!!!

And someone I know is skipping days to get to level 2 despite she started waaaaaaay after I did. Makes me angry.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

And someone I know is skipping days to get to level 2 despite she started waaaaaaay after I did. Makes me angry.

Yes but then she'll wonder why she didn't get great results....but you will!!

Don't worry, leave them to it, i had a few friends chopping and changing levels and then all but one has given up. I think if you're going to follow a workout plan then do it as it's meant to be done!!!
  • mehs04
    Options
    Finished with day 25 (level 3 day 5). Whoo hoo! Almost there!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    day 25 done for me too! just 5 more to go now! the end is in sight! :happy:
  • helloclaire
    helloclaire Posts: 191
    Options

Yes but then she'll wonder why she didn't get great results....but you will!!

Don't worry, leave them to it, i had a few friends chopping and changing levels and then all but one has given up. I think if you're going to follow a workout plan then do it as it's meant to be done!!!

That's what I thought to myself. Thank youuuu <3
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Day 27 over - it's the home stretch now.

Good going everybody! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Day 23 level 3 done!

I'm getting carpet burns on my elbows from the planks, how annoying and they look awful :frown: At least my shredded body should be the main focus and not them, lol!:bigsmile: