30DS Started TODAY 6/23- Join if/when you want.

Options

Replies

• JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    L2D1 done!

good going!
  • JeninBelgium
    Options
    L2D2 done. Sweated like crazy. Ahh. Those planks are deadly. I think I took about three or four of those five-second breaks.

:laugh: :tongue:

I know totally what you mean - my day 2 will only be today- I should have done it yesterday but knew that we would be out with a friend and his two kids (ages 5 and 8) we don't have kids so wasn't sure how much stamina I would need- as our day's planning involved the park/open air museum
  • JeninBelgium
    Options
    Managed to squeeze in day 17 this evening after a busy day (including a family do where I seriously exceeded my calorie allowance :frown: ). BUT ... wonders will never cease ... my partner noticed a difference today!!! No change whatsoever on the scales, but I'm learning that ultimately it isn't the scales that matter.

congratulations on the NSV and squeezing the 30DS in after a busy day- and helping to burn off the exceded calories! and thanks for the comment earlier :blushing:
  • JeninBelgium
    Options
    have a great start to the week everyone! let's show Jillian what we are made of!!!
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Completed day 16 (level 2 day 6) of the Shred today.
  • JeninBelgium
    Options
    L2d2 done plus a leslie sansone mile plus extra stretching- seriously pulled my hamstring funny on one of the plank jacks (modified) so will stretch extra for the next few days - cause OW!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Day 13 level 2 done and it wasn't too bad, yess!!

Ladies we are doing well, let's keep it up!! :bigsmile:
  • helloclaire
    helloclaire Posts: 191
    Options
    L2 D3 completed.

Note to self: Doing the 34-minute Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout on the same day as the 30 Day Shred is not a good idea. I love Jillian but the intensity is just too much.

Ladies doing the Shred, feel free to add me if you want! :)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'venot checked in for a little while, but I'm still here L2D2 for me today.
  • mehs04
    Options
    Done with day 17 (level 2 day 7). Yea!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    OK, i am seriously getting confused on what day i'm on, thought today was day 14, but just read through the posts to find i'd posted day 13 on saturday and day 13 yesterday...thought it was going kind of slow lol!

Soooo, day 15 level 2 done!! AND STILL NO DIFFERENCE TO MY JELLY BELLY :sad: Lovely arms, ok legs, but same old belly:sick:
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    OK, i am seriously getting confused on what day i'm on, thought today was day 14, but just read through the posts to find i'd posted day 13 on saturday and day 13 yesterday...thought it was going kind of slow lol!

Soooo, day 15 level 2 done!! AND STILL NO DIFFERENCE TO MY JELLY BELLY :sad: Lovely arms, ok legs, but same old belly:sick:

Ha ha! Yes, I'm confused about which day I'm on too - just had to check back. Turns out I've just done day 18 !!!!!!!!!!! Only 2 more days at level 2 ... unless level 3 is way to difficult. :laugh:
  • JeninBelgium
    Options

Ha ha! Yes, I'm confused about which day I'm on too - just had to check back. Turns out I've just done day 18 !!!!!!!!!!! Only 2 more days at level 2 ... unless level 3 is way to difficult. :laugh:

:smile:

I noticed the inside part of my upper arms is getting thinner- my colleague told me that her grandma always called her large upper arms her "poulet" - chicken and that she (the colleague) used to love to play with her grandma's poulets- I told my colleague that my upper arms are so large we could call them "dinde" (turkey) - but now that they are getting smaller- I told the colleague that perhaps by christmas we will have to rename mine poulet as well!

I myself am thinking about returning to level 1- but no, I won't do that- however I am taking a rest day today, my left ankle is very stiff and swollen and since I only recently finished physical therapy for my ankle and knee a rest day is in order
    Yesterday was my 13th day, (L2d3) - I had less hamstring pain than the day before so the stretching must have helped and I did the "fast mile" plus cool down from Lesle Sansone's DVD -I don't know the name - perhaps 5 day slimdown or something- it has 5 different miles on it, one basic, one arms focused, an ab mile, a leg mile and a fast mile- if I dod anything today besides clean the house it will be a Leslie Ab mile

Speaking of Abs;... that last ab exercise on Level 2 (plank oblique twist? ) is REE DEECK U LOUS!!!-:huh: I did about 20 seconds yesterday, then had to stop for about 10-15 seconds before rejoining- :embarassed: I think the exercise is really tough, but also the fact that I was nearly dead after the plank jacks certainly added to the fact :sick:

hope everyone else is doing well!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Abs;... that last ab exercise on Level 2 (plank oblique twist? ) is REE DEECK U LOUS!!!- I did about 20 seconds yesterday, then had to stop for about 10-15 seconds before rejoining- I think the exercise is really tough, but also the fact that I was nearly dead after the plank jacks certainly added to the fact

ditto! i'm yet to get through this last minute of abs without a break. although i'm down to about 3/4 seconds break now. determined to complete it without a break before the end of level 2.
  • mehs04
    Options
    Completed day 18 (level 2 day 8), but my knee hurts this morning. It did before I started, but it didn't yesterday, so I'm hoping this isn't from exercising. I REALLY want to get through the whole 30 days this time around. Ironically, this is NOT the knee that I hurt the last time I tried doing the Shred.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Speaking of Abs;... that last ab exercise on Level 2 (plank oblique twist? ) is REE DEECK U LOUS!!!- I did about 20 seconds yesterday, then had to stop for about 10-15 seconds before rejoining- I think the exercise is really tough, but also the fact that I was nearly dead after the plank jacks certainly added to the fact

ditto! i'm yet to get through this last minute of abs without a break. although i'm down to about 3/4 seconds break now. determined to complete it without a break before the end of level 2.

OK, i was wondering yesterday and now know for sure i am doing this wrong, i don't find it hard.....well the hard bit is my arms as burning from the previous exercises...how can I be doing it wrong? What am i missing??

Maybe i'm doing it all wrong which is why there's no difference to my mid section...i am killing myself for nada :noway:
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options

OK, i was wondering yesterday and now know for sure i am doing this wrong, i don't find it hard.....well the hard bit is my arms as burning from the previous exercises...how can I be doing it wrong? What am i missing??

Maybe i'm doing it all wrong which is why there's no difference to my mid section...i am killing myself for nada :noway:

Actually, the 'plank oblique twist' is OK for me too; I wasn't going to say anything, but since you've raised it ... I think maybe it just shows that we all have different bodies. So, for example, I find press-ups excrutiating, and can never go very far down.

Just about to do day 19 ...

... OK, done. I'm reeeeeeally tired this evening. And just to add, the worst things in the world for me are those chair raises,or whatever they are called. :mad:
  • JeninBelgium
    Options

ditto! i'm yet to get through this last minute of abs without a break. although i'm down to about 3/4 seconds break now. determined to complete it without a break before the end of level 2. Maybe you are both just pretty fit?

Actually, the 'plank oblique twist' is OK for me too; I wasn't going to say anything, but since you've raised it ... I think maybe it just shows that we all have different bodies. So, for example, I find press-ups excrutiating, and can never go very far down.

Just about to do day 19 ...

... OK, done. I'm reeeeeeally tired this evening. And just to add, the worst things in the world for me are those chair raises,or whatever they are called. :mad:
  • JeninBelgium
    Options
    Skipped 30 ds as planned but did get in Leslie walk - now icing ankle boldly eels better tomorrow
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Ok day 16 level 2 done, the workout felt much shorter tonight, just as well as it's a killer! I think the worst for me is the sitting back, raising V shapes with the weights, really makes me sweat!!

So ladies, how are your body changes coming along now? I might get the tape measure out and have a peek if there's any difference....