July Walking Challenge - Bring it on!

Options

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Well never got my ticker started for July. On Vacation until July 10th. Though yesterday alone I walked 20 MILES! Site seeing in NYC with my hubby (its kind of like our late honeymoon since we never did take one). But we were only there for one day, so it was non stop walking from 9am till 3am. My legs are so very very sore. lol
  • Sherrylynn69
    Sherrylynn69 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm new so I need a lot of motivation! I walked 20 mins @ work today.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Forgot to wear my pedometer yesterday, but noticed I'm tracking hours, so I don't suppose it will matter too much :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:glasses: Was a bit too hot yesterday to walk too far, managed 50 mins in the morning and about 1 hr 10 mins in the evening. I'll add that as 2hrs as I'm not 100% sure how long we walked.

I'm back at work today and I'll try and get a walk in at lunchtime - it seems a bit cooler today.

Thanks for the welcome!

Viv xx
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    5.3 miles this morning. Hubby's going away on business for a couple days, so won't get my regular walk in again until Thursday :frown:

exercise.png
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    July 2: 1.47 miles
    July 3 2.37 miles

exercise.png
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    7.26 miles today - it's my weigh in tomorrow... Did a bit of speed but didn't record it!
  • MrsBoss100
    Options
    I would love to join you guys. Log me for 2 miles for today. Have a great Holiday everything!!:smile:
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My goal for July is 100miles -

July 1 - 4.5
    July 2 - 3.0
    July 3 - 4.75
    July 4 -
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi

Seems most of you are counting miles. How do you know how many miles you have done?

Not done too good today, walked this morning about 45 mins and 15 mins at lunchtime. Haven't gone on the dog walk tonight, although now wish I had done, but didn't feel too well earlier. I reckon on about 1hr 10 mins with the walk to work and back.

Must do better !!
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Seems most of you are counting miles. How do you know how many miles you have done?

Not too sure on everyone else, but I carry my hiking GPS with me everywhere now. It records the miles for each trip and for the whole month separately, so I just reset the trip recording each night.
    Before I had that I just went to places that had the miles marked. At the high school in my town you can do 1/4 mile rounding the track once, and we have a riverwalk that has a thick white line painted for each 1/10 mile.
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i've been forgetting to check in here everyday but have been updating my ticker, will be back later or tomorrow with todays mileage!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    75 minutes for me.

Good job on everyone's progress
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,517 Member
    Options
    Still playin' catchup from rocky start. Too bad gardening and ironing don't add many steps ;)
    7/4 13274 =41335
    7/3 10192 =28061
    7/2 14096 =17869
    7/1 3773
  • nycegurl74
    nycegurl74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this Challenge
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My goal for July is 100miles -

July 1 - 4.5
    July 2 - 3.0
    July 3 - 4.75
    July 4 - 1.5
  • Sherrylynn69
    Sherrylynn69 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in to.we can do this.
  • lindaj07
    Options
    4.76 today Back to work tomorrow...
  • lindaj07
    Options

Not too sure on everyone else, but I carry my hiking GPS with me everywhere now. It records the miles for each trip and for the whole month separately, so I just reset the trip recording each night.
    Before I had that I just went to places that had the miles marked. At the high school in my town you can do 1/4 mile rounding the track once, and we have a riverwalk that has a thick white line painted for each 1/10 mile.

I use my phone app (GPS) or you can use a pedometer
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    7 miles for me today