What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I made it through my aerobics video again and walked my daughters dog. I started out well and had a healthy breakfast and lunch. So I had a positive 1/2 day:bigsmile: The rest of the day was a loss but I can try again tomorrow.

We were blessed with 4 inches of the fluffy white stuff here. So the walk was kind of cold. :ohwell:

Who is dressing up for holloween?

Good for you!! All that exercise did a lot to counteract whatever happened in the later part of the day ... did you log it all? Sometimes it really isn't as bad as you thought ... sometimes it is, but I think that the eye-opener is good and motivating... n1qshok.gifn1qshok.gifn1qshok.gif

And tomorrow is a brand new day! I know you can do it!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I wish I had some kind of costume for tomorrow night. We're going to dance lessons/dance and they're having a costume contest ... but we didn't know about it until too late to get anything good. Does anybody have any ideas? We have to be able to dance in it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    I did 45 minutes of step aerobics with two risers, and one pound arm weights-- it was a great workout.

Jeannie-- again, I think you for this thread. God made some people encouragers, and you always find the sweetest words for all of us-- you are just a doll-baby-- God bless-- and good night!!

I think I may have missed this one! Marla ... with all those little people in your house and all you have going on in your life in general ... it is so GREAT that you are finding the energy and motivation to work on getting healthy!!

I used to do step aerobics ... never got above one riser and it kicked my tushie when I was in my 20s. You are simply amazing!!

000202D1.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Went to my water aerobics class tonight and it was AWESOME! Some serious kick butt routines and halloween masks ...TO FUNNY

We have this great instructor on M/W nights she's like the craziest ever...in all the best of ways.

She cranks the music up to concert level so you fly right through that workout and have so much fun...who knew they had pools at a rock concert!!!:drinker:

She's got a tamborine (like a lil kids one...too funny) and slaps it and runs up and down along the edge of the pool doing the routines with us (big clas so she teaches from the deck)...OMG..then she brings props like tonight....a hat and crazy wig and scary halloween mask!!

Sadly tonight is her last pm classes so we sorta had a water party and got pretty crazy...she dragged out a big bag of masks, hats, fake crazy hair and we all donned our attire and we all squished together for a group photo! TEE HEE HEE

It was simply the funniest thing ever:tongue: So glad I went tonight...I love the gym, love working out..but the hormones have me crying one moment, cleaning my house like a maniac the next, looking for covers to crawl under...well you all know how fun it can get....LOL

SO I'm PROUD I made it there and no tears on the way....:laugh: Just on the way home:laugh: :laugh: Why you ask? I HAVE no idea... :grumble: 8 stinkin lil letters Hormones

ate healthy when I got home and now off to bed...:yawn: to have another great day tomorrow with no chocolate again.....this is getting to be a great pattern:heart::yawn:

That sound like so much FUN!! LOL ... water aerobics makes my body feel like 100% jello when I get out of the pool ... like I have no bones at all!! It is such a super-duper workout ... I hope you get another instructor that is as much fun!!!!

I'm finally in my however many days I get a month of feeling good, so I'm enjoying them while they last! I guess eventually this will get better, but perimenopause is just really not what I'd choose to be doing if I had any say in the matter.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Otherwise, being almost 50 is da BOMB!

Have a great, chocolate-free day tomorrow, m'dear! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Ok, please forgive me if I missed you ... I'm about cross-eyed tired ... but it's my turn. :wink:

I Zumba-ed tonight (Jeannie, have you been yet????) and it was a blast! 000202B6.gif

Literally I had no dry fabric on my body when I was done. Sweat was just a flyin! It felt so good! Can't wait to get my HRM so I'll know next week how many calories I'm reallllly burning ... and it's making me happy to start to feel that "second wind" in the middle ... all of a sudden it gets a bit easier but I'm still working just as hard. I know that means I'm making some gains in my cardiovascular fitness, and boy howdy, does it need it! blink.gif

Ate healthy all day & managed to get my lunch & a good snack in early enough before Zumba that it was NOT still in my stomach before I got there ... important safety tip!!

And now luvs, it's time for me to crawl under the covers ... me & my sore abs & thighs ... hehehe

I'll probably be scarce tomorrow because I've got a TON of dictation to type and we're going to head down to my DD and DSiL's place in the afternoon to hang with them a while before dance lessons ... So I'll try to catch up with y'all as soon as I can!

00020254.gif
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I got up at 4:30 this morning and did my 40 minute cardio video! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am proud today because I went to my chiropractor for an adjustment. He told me my gallbladder was off and I must have had a lot of pizza....NO! ok then fried food.....NO....cake....NO

I told him he was going to have to find another reason because I eat GOOD food now!

Yay ... I love to be able to tell off medical practitioners!! (I work as a medical transcriptionist ... I never see the doctor I type for but believe me ... I yell at him plenty!!) But I digress ....

Seriously, sometimes losing weight causes gallbladder issues ... if you start having symptoms you should probably visit the ole doctor and have it checked out ...

It is so awesome that you have changed your life to the point where you KNOW you are doing the right things! HOORAY for you!!!

I think it's time for a mixed veggie dance for Jeannie ....

0002008B.gif0002008D.gif0002008E.gif00020093.gif00020086.gif

Sometimes you just have to pull out all the stops ... LOL

woo hoo! Imma dancin' fool!

It was my chiropractor, who says the same thing everytime I go. I go for the massage...but dont tell him! I also get headaches, well used to, until I started with DC.
    He just really cracked me up cuz he didnt even notice the 22 lbs and baggy jeans!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I got up at 4:30 this morning and did my 40 minute cardio video! :drinker:

WOW losing it. 4:30 am...all I can say is WOW! So now you exercise is out of the way, and you know how many calories to eat through out the day.
    Much to be proud of!

Being it is halloween, and she is so cute...I got you a lil witchie poo!
    0002012A.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ok, please forgive me if I missed you ... I'm about cross-eyed tired ... but it's my turn. :wink:

I Zumba-ed tonight (Jeannie, have you been yet????) and it was a blast! 000202B6.gif

Literally I had no dry fabric on my body when I was done. Sweat was just a flyin! It felt so good! Can't wait to get my HRM so I'll know next week how many calories I'm reallllly burning ... and it's making me happy to start to feel that "second wind" in the middle ... all of a sudden it gets a bit easier but I'm still working just as hard. I know that means I'm making some gains in my cardiovascular fitness, and boy howdy, does it need it! blink.gif

Ate healthy all day & managed to get my lunch & a good snack in early enough before Zumba that it was NOT still in my stomach before I got there ... important safety tip!!

And now luvs, it's time for me to crawl under the covers ... me & my sore abs & thighs ... hehehe

I'll probably be scarce tomorrow because I've got a TON of dictation to type and we're going to head down to my DD and DSiL's place in the afternoon to hang with them a while before dance lessons ... So I'll try to catch up with y'all as soon as I can!

00020254.gif

You forget to mention you also took the time to encourage your fellow MFP friends!
    You are such a great asset to this site, and I am happy to have met you...kinda....virtually...anyway!
    YOU ROCK!
    00020165.gif
    0002013F.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I made it through my aerobics video again and walked my daughters dog. I started out well and had a healthy breakfast and lunch. So I had a positive 1/2 day:bigsmile: The rest of the day was a loss but I can try again tomorrow.

We were blessed with 4 inches of the fluffy white stuff here. So the walk was kind of cold. :ohwell:

Who is dressing up for holloween?

Good for you. there is always tomorrow! That is the one thing I have really gotten into my head, just because I have 1 bad day/meal doesnt mean it has to turn into 10 consecutive days/meals!

Dont do halloween myself, but heres a little pumkin for ya!
    00020306.gif
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,937 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

I have not noticed a drop in the scale but my jeans are fitting more comfortably. For that, I am proud. I am also proud of myself for getting our 2 youngest pumpkins dropped at grandma's and making it to work ON TIME! Oh, and missing the deer that ran out in front of me this morning.

I am so ready to do this lifestyle change! I've finally figured out the right motivation for me and it's...ME!

And, for Trick or Treat tonight, I'm going against the norm and handing out small tubs of play doh! I cannot wait!
  • amycakes812
    Options
    I just got back from a 4 mile walk/run! We have a beautiful day here in PA and I couldn't wait to get my son dressed and in his stroller to get out and enjoy it. Lately I have just been doing my turbo jam dvds so it was a great change of pace. I mix it up and change my speed while I walk and I was able to run faster and longer than I have since probably high school!! I swear at one point I felt like I was flying. Evan kept saying "Mommy, go slow!' :laugh:
    So far I have eaten clean today. I am going to have some lentil soup for lunch and a healthy dinner and try my hardest to not go too crazy with the candy tonight! (Although I at least have the calories now to splurge a little bit.)
    Have a great Friday everyone and Happy Halloween!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    My husband was fired this morning. I'm reeling a bit-- a bit short-tempered with the kids as I try to take it all in and not fret. I'm a Christian and "KNOW" that I have a God in sovereign control of all things, and that all things work to the good of those that love Him. And that I am not to worry about my provisions, but to seek first His righteousness-- Still, emotions are a bit harder to keep in check today--

Still-- here's what I'm proud about-- there is a certain comfort I'm gleaning these days BECAUSE I'm taking care of myself and counting calories, and exercising. Rather than turn to food for my comfort this morning when he got the call from his boss, I headed to log my calories and then out to breakfast confident and comforted by knowing that I'm in control and winning this particular battle. When everything else in life around me is chaotic, I'm on my way to winning this battle, once for all.

May God bless us all during this tough time in our nation-- have a great weekend everyone.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I VOTED!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    My husband was fired this morning. I'm reeling a bit-- a bit short-tempered with the kids as I try to take it all in and not fret. I'm a Christian and "KNOW" that I have a God in sovereign control of all things, and that all things work to the good of those that love Him. And that I am not to worry about my provisions, but to seek first His righteousness-- Still, emotions are a bit harder to keep in check today--

Still-- here's what I'm proud about-- there is a certain comfort I'm gleaning these days BECAUSE I'm taking care of myself and counting calories, and exercising. Rather than turn to food for my comfort this morning when he got the call from his boss, I headed to log my calories and then out to breakfast confident and comforted by knowing that I'm in control and winning this particular battle. When everything else in life around me is chaotic, I'm on my way to winning this battle, once for all.

May God bless us all during this tough time in our nation-- have a great weekend everyone.

You should be VERY proud! Hang in there-God will fulfill all of your needs.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I have not noticed a drop in the scale but my jeans are fitting more comfortably. For that, I am proud. I am also proud of myself for getting our 2 youngest pumpkins dropped at grandma's and making it to work ON TIME! Oh, and missing the deer that ran out in front of me this morning.

I am so ready to do this lifestyle change! I've finally figured out the right motivation for me and it's...ME!

And, for Trick or Treat tonight, I'm going against the norm and handing out small tubs of play doh! I cannot wait!

Good for you, a positive attitude will get you far! I hope the lil ones have fun tonight. Gotta love the skinny jeans!
    :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Good for you, a positive attitude will get you far! I hope the lil ones have fun tonight. Gotta love the skinny jeans!
    :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I just got back from a 4 mile walk/run! We have a beautiful day here in PA and I couldn't wait to get my son dressed and in his stroller to get out and enjoy it. Lately I have just been doing my turbo jam dvds so it was a great change of pace. I mix it up and change my speed while I walk and I was able to run faster and longer than I have since probably high school!! I swear at one point I felt like I was flying. Evan kept saying "Mommy, go slow!' :laugh:
    So far I have eaten clean today. I am going to have some lentil soup for lunch and a healthy dinner and try my hardest to not go too crazy with the candy tonight! (Although I at least have the calories now to splurge a little bit.)
    Have a great Friday everyone and Happy Halloween!

I love PA and I am so proud of you! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Sorry Marla. Remember the S man will try to sneak in when you are weak. Keep up the strong battle, as we know GOD has already won.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I VOTED!!

I forgot, AGAIN! I know I am going to end up in a long line, cuz ya know I gots to vote!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Sorry Marla. Remember the S man will try to sneak in when you are weak. Keep up the strong battle, as we know GOD has already won.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Amen, Jeannie-- you're a dear. Thanks so much.