What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    For the past couple weeks, I've been allowing myself to have 'treat' days. In the past, if I ate just a little bit of junk food, I'd think "The whole day is shot, I might as well eat whatever I want!" And then I'd WAY overdo it. Lately I have been practicing moderation and having just a good meal or special dessert. Today I even counted the calories for it! My bf got a pumpkin pie Blizzard for me...he got a medium, but I still only hate 1/2 of it and the rest is for him. He also got some Kahlua Holiday Nog, and I plugged it in and it was 400 calories. When I tasted it, it was only 'okay', so I didn't drink it because it wasn't worth the calories! So I'm finishing up the night with a light tuna salad lunch kit and a yummy steak. :bigsmile: This way of eating works really well for me...once a week or two, spend some calories on some big treats, and only if it's worth it.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon, I'm a newbie. I just joined last week and have become officially addicted to this site. It's wonderful and all of you seem great! You have no idea how much motiviation you've each given me in this short amount of time.

I am proud that I resisted the urge to eat a piece of cake for breakfast, that a coworker brought in today.

Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: & YAY on not going for the cake today:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I'm proud I got in a couple :yawn: very early:yawn: water classes this morning and feel really good about that, such an awesome couple of kick butt hours.

Have a good morning all (Sat.) I'll check in later after the gym...water and strengh training for tomorrow morning:heart::drinker:
    ahh and yes Jeannie tis me:laugh:

Love this thread...almost :sad: when I couldn't find it.... then I click my topics...and POOF there it be! Then I realized it was 11 pm and most of you weren't posting anymore from the East.:sad: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    For the past couple weeks, I've been allowing myself to have 'treat' days. In the past, if I ate just a little bit of junk food, I'd think "The whole day is shot, I might as well eat whatever I want!" And then I'd WAY overdo it. Lately I have been practicing moderation and having just a good meal or special dessert. Today I even counted the calories for it! My bf got a pumpkin pie Blizzard for me...he got a medium, but I still only hate 1/2 of it and the rest is for him. He also got some Kahlua Holiday Nog, and I plugged it in and it was 400 calories. When I tasted it, it was only 'okay', so I didn't drink it because it wasn't worth the calories! So I'm finishing up the night with a light tuna salad lunch kit and a yummy steak. :bigsmile: This way of eating works really well for me...once a week or two, spend some calories on some big treats, and only if it's worth it.

Great job! Sounds like it's working well...I always feel inspired by your posts...you'll get tired of hearing that one day perhaps, but tis true:laugh: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Great job! Sounds like it's working well...I always feel inspired by your posts...you'll get tired of hearing that one day perhaps, but tis true:laugh: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hey, Fitness Chick-- is that your picture? How beautiful!!!

Sorry-- off topic-- but couldn't help myself!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

uh huh... proud I was brave enough to put it up....we'll see if I'm still brave to keep it up overnight....:blushing: :laugh:

So if it's still up when I post tomorrow....guess that's something to be proud of...bravery! :flowerforyou: OH and THANK YOU Marla!!:blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options

uh huh... proud I was brave enough to put it up....we'll see if I'm still brave to keep it up overnight....:blushing: :laugh:

So if it's still up when I post tomorrow....guess that's something to be proud of...bravery! :flowerforyou: OH and THANK YOU Marla!!:blushing: :flowerforyou:

Fitness_Chick! Our swan has turned into a beautiful woman! Thanks for letting us meet you :smooched: Cheryl :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

GOAL!!!! TOUCHDOWN!! HOMERUN!!!

Those are the words I thought of while reading your post. You are so in control now! Life is for living, cant do without blizzards forever. It is about moderation. I am really proud of you.
    0002025A.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I was going to say that too!! I am so proud of you! You are a beautiful woman, inside and out! 0002006B.gif
    Its great that you got so much exercise in today. I didnt do a thing, but get my hair done. But I am proud i took the time to take care of myself!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I'm proud I got in a couple :yawn: very early:yawn: water classes this morning and feel really good about that, such an awesome couple of kick butt hours.

Have a good morning all (Sat.) I'll check in later after the gym...water and strengh training for tomorrow morning:heart::drinker:
    ahh and yes Jeannie tis me:laugh:

Love this thread...almost :sad: when I couldn't find it.... then I click my topics...and POOF there it be! Then I realized it was 11 pm and most of you weren't posting anymore from the East.:sad: :bigsmile:

Was it cold getting in the pool?? I wish I had a pool. Maybe I will check out the local Y!
    000202CF.gif
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My husband was fired this morning. I'm reeling a bit-- a bit short-tempered with the kids as I try to take it all in and not fret. I'm a Christian and "KNOW" that I have a God in sovereign control of all things, and that all things work to the good of those that love Him. And that I am not to worry about my provisions, but to seek first His righteousness-- Still, emotions are a bit harder to keep in check today--

Still-- here's what I'm proud about-- there is a certain comfort I'm gleaning these days BECAUSE I'm taking care of myself and counting calories, and exercising. Rather than turn to food for my comfort this morning when he got the call from his boss, I headed to log my calories and then out to breakfast confident and comforted by knowing that I'm in control and winning this particular battle. When everything else in life around me is chaotic, I'm on my way to winning this battle, once for all.

May God bless us all during this tough time in our nation-- have a great weekend everyone.

Marla dear ... you & your family have been on my heart ever since I read this yesterday ... I have been flying around too much to have time for a decent reply but I want you to know that I am praying for you. My husband lost his job 11 months ago and I know how much it can shake you right down to your foundations... I'm going to PM you with some more... just want you to know I'm praying for y'all! And I am SOOO very proud of you for choosing to continue with your steps to getting healthy!!

hug.gif:heart: hug.gif:heart: hug.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options

Well I, for one, would love for you to put it back ... you are GORGEOUS!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

And would you tell us your name, luv? :happy: :happy: :happy:

I am so very proud of you for all you have accomplished and of your steady faithfulness with your choices to keep getting healthier & healthier!!

Yay!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tresa1234
    Options

This is so great! There is nothing like that feeling of POWER when you can taste something you really thought you wanted and decide it just isn't worth it ... sometimes it is worth it ... but it is a MAJOR victory when you can say to food ... sorry, you don't make the cut!! And then you don't eat it!!

Gotta happy dance ....

dance.gifdance.gifdance.gifdance.gifdance.gif
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    the pushups challenge. argh. :happy:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Ok, please forgive me if I missed you ... I'm about cross-eyed tired ... but it's my turn. :wink:

I Zumba-ed tonight (Jeannie, have you been yet????) and it was a blast! 000202B6.gif

Literally I had no dry fabric on my body when I was done. Sweat was just a flyin! It felt so good! Can't wait to get my HRM so I'll know next week how many calories I'm reallllly burning ... and it's making me happy to start to feel that "second wind" in the middle ... all of a sudden it gets a bit easier but I'm still working just as hard. I know that means I'm making some gains in my cardiovascular fitness, and boy howdy, does it need it! blink.gif

Ate healthy all day & managed to get my lunch & a good snack in early enough before Zumba that it was NOT still in my stomach before I got there ... important safety tip!!

And now luvs, it's time for me to crawl under the covers ... me & my sore abs & thighs ... hehehe

I'll probably be scarce tomorrow because I've got a TON of dictation to type and we're going to head down to my DD and DSiL's place in the afternoon to hang with them a while before dance lessons ... So I'll try to catch up with y'all as soon as I can!

00020254.gif

You forget to mention you also took the time to encourage your fellow MFP friends!
    You are such a great asset to this site, and I am happy to have met you...kinda....virtually...anyway!
    YOU ROCK!
    00020165.gif
    0002013F.gif

Awwww.... thank you! thblushing.gif

I'm just trying to follow your great example, m'dear!! You make my day better every time I read one of your posts! Thank you for all the encouragement & sweet words every day!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Arghhhhh is right! You rock the push ups!
    0002018E.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options

Just reading that makes my arms & pecs hurt. n1qshok.gifn1qshok.gifn1qshok.gif:laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Just reading that makes my arms & pecs hurt. n1qshok.gifn1qshok.gifn1qshok.gif:laugh: :laugh:

I am LOL cuz I dared my BFF in MA to do it with me. She does the full military style while I do mine on my knees. She calls and leaves these arghhhhhhhhhhhgarblegarbleargggggggggggggggggggh
    messages that make me laugh so hard MY pecs hurt!! Gotta love it!
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Ok, well my day is about done ... I've stayed under my calories, which were a LOT fewer today because I ended up taking a day off from exercise. But that is probably good because I want to keep the old bod guessing what I'm up to!

0002006E.gif

How has everybody else been doing today??
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Ok, well my day is about done ... I've stayed under my calories, which were a LOT fewer today because I ended up taking a day off from exercise. But that is probably good because I want to keep the old bod guessing what I'm up to!

0002006E.gif

How has everybody else been doing today??

I had some salty munchies tonight-- my 5 older kids went to the Nets game, my 2 younger girls went to a "candy festival" at a friend's church, so I stayed home with Joshua and Caleb, the 2 year old and 11 month old-- and we had peanuts and popcorn while watching "Angels in the Outfield." My body hates sodium, and my calorie count was higher than it should be, so I'll probably suffer tomorrow especially in the absence of exercise today-- but? Whaddyagonnado?

All in all, not a great day, but not awful.