What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Jeannie-- again, I think you for this thread. God made some people encouragers, and you always find the sweetest words for all of us-- you are just a doll-baby-- God bless-- and good night!!

Why sometimes I get the urge to squish her in a hug and roll her back across the room!!:tongue:hug4.gifJeannie is the greatest isn't she though!!!:flowerforyou:

One of my most fun memories of Jeannie, myself and you Marla....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: is the day we all learned to put .gif pics in our posts.... It was like we were all giddy kids ....TOO COOL Once we learned how to play...we just couldn't stop...and haven't YET:laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :noway: BEAR_flowers.gif

So much fun with you all and Shore was the most patient EVER:laugh: :drinker:

That was a great day. I still see that thread pop up sometimes! Shore was so patient, she was taught me more than one lesson that day!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Went to my water aerobics class tonight and it was AWESOME! Some serious kick butt routines and halloween masks ...TO FUNNY

We have this great instructor on M/W nights she's like the craziest ever...in all the best of ways.

She cranks the music up to concert level so you fly right through that workout and have so much fun...who knew they had pools at a rock concert!!!:drinker:

She's got a tamborine (like a lil kids one...too funny) and slaps it and runs up and down along the edge of the pool doing the routines with us (big clas so she teaches from the deck)...OMG..then she brings props like tonight....a hat and crazy wig and scary halloween mask!!

Sadly tonight is her last pm classes so we sorta had a water party and got pretty crazy...she dragged out a big bag of masks, hats, fake crazy hair and we all donned our attire and we all squished together for a group photo! TEE HEE HEE

It was simply the funniest thing ever:tongue: So glad I went tonight...I love the gym, love working out..but the hormones have me crying one moment, cleaning my house like a maniac the next, looking for covers to crawl under...well you all know how fun it can get....LOL

SO I'm PROUD I made it there and no tears on the way....:laugh: Just on the way home:laugh: :laugh: Why you ask? I HAVE no idea... :grumble: 8 stinkin lil letters Hormones

ate healthy when I got home and now off to bed...:yawn: to have another great day tomorrow with no chocolate again.....this is getting to be a great pattern:heart::yawn:

Wow, you had such a great day! Crying burns calories so not a total waste there!!!
    Pms stinks
    1st this
    00020231.gif
    then this
    00020167.gif
    then this
    0002006A.gif
    then hopefully we end with

00020114.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I'm proud because I got up at 4:15 this morning for my 3 mile run and 1 hour Body Pump class! I feel great and burned 575 calories...And it's only 8:15!! Plus the Body Pump instructor said I should consider becoming certified to teach the Body Pump classes-That made me feel GREAT! Have a wonderful day ladies, and gentlemen!!

:wink:

I am tired READING that! Great JOB!!!
    000202D1.gif
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    40 minutes of rigorous calistentics (burpees, suicides, pushups diamonds and wide arms mind you, crunches, flutter kicks you get the point)

And a wonderful 4 mile run

WOW! And I was going to brag I am up to 47 push ups!~~~~~~~~~~~backs out of the door~~~~~

Skully, it is great to see you! Whew you must be exhausted!
    00020074.gif

I am so sorry....you truly deserve Mr banana dance!
    0002013F.gif

Yeah its funny cause I get so mad at my pt coordinator at work but when the workout is over I am so thankful i am apart of a command that is so into working out because they have been the biggest help in my weight loss. Hey 47 correct pushups is AWESOME!!!!!! You go girl!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

I am off to bake those cookies that I mixed up last night...I will have to taste one to make sure they are edible before I send them to the new guy...but...I am going to control myself...AND I just got home from a little walk (this is a huge accomplishment because it is Day 1 of TOM and I am off the pill for the first time in years so I am "uncomfortable" to say the least with cramps)...I took a half hour walk and when I saw that I was having trouble keeping my heart rate up going as fast as I could go, I started marching and swinging my legs out to get my heart rate up...it was fun, it burned more calories than a normal walk does (still a pitiful little number though), I am feeling much better (no more cramps or headache) and the walk seems to have loosened up my muscles and make the soreness from the yoga/pilates adventure go away...like Leslie Sansone says, walking really IS man's best medicine!

So here's to baking those cookies...they won't be a temptation once they are baked...but oh my the cookie dough!

Ok guys, I'm on here with my timer set for 15 minutes and I have 8 to go ... let's see how I do replying!!

Laura, this is awesome!! Instead of crawling into bed with a heating pad you got out and MOVED your body ... and it is SO COOL that you are having to work so hard to get your heart rate up!

GO YOU!! YOU ROCK!!!

000202AF.gif

Isn't it amazing how getting our bodies to doing what they are made to do makes us FEEL BETTER???

Why oh why didn't I learn this 25 years ago?? Oh well, better late than never as the old old saying goes.
  • tresa1234
    Options
    40 minutes of rigorous calistentics (burpees, suicides, pushups diamonds and wide arms mind you, crunches, flutter kicks you get the point)

And a wonderful 4 mile run

HOLY COW ... what a workout! That's so great!

Can't wait until I'm actually fit!!
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Even though it was frigid and snowing out last night I still went for my 6 km walk! I just had to bundle up warm - but I think I was the only person out on the sidewalks last night! :laugh:

SNOW?!?! Oh say it ain't so ...

You are AMAZING for getting out there! It's been getting down into the 30s here at night and I am FREEZING ... gotta move further south ...

Way to go!!
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Oh dear, my timer is about to go off ... and as an MFP addict trying to reform :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I need to obey ... I'll be back after I've done some more of what I gots to get done!

LOVE Y'ALL!!

000200BF.gif
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    :drinker: I finally made it through Turbo Jam total body sculpt!! with only a 4 minute break! And burned 315 calories!! whaoo.....though i dont compare to everyone else...running 4 miles!:noway: count me out! I'm working on the running...Good job everyone!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,937 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon, I'm a newbie. I just joined last week and have become officially addicted to this site. It's wonderful and all of you seem great! You have no idea how much motiviation you've each given me in this short amount of time.

I am proud that I resisted the urge to eat a piece of cake for breakfast, that a coworker brought in today.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon, I'm a newbie. I just joined last week and have become officially addicted to this site. It's wonderful and all of you seem great! You have no idea how much motiviation you've each given me in this short amount of time.

I am proud that I resisted the urge to eat a piece of cake for breakfast, that a coworker brought in today.

Good for you-- feels good, doesn't it? We CAN conquer this-- congrats!!!!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :drinker: I finally made it through Turbo Jam total body sculpt!! with only a 4 minute break! And burned 315 calories!! whaoo.....though i dont compare to everyone else...running 4 miles!:noway: count me out! I'm working on the running...Good job everyone!!!:flowerforyou:

You dont have to compare to other people, just do what is good for YOU! Everyone will be proud of you, and you will feel great!
    Your AWESOME!
    00020210.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options

WELCOME! Getting through the first few weeks is hard, before you know it, this will be a habit and you wont even THINK about that stupid cake!
    00020292.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am proud today because I went to my chiropractor for an adjustment. He told me my gallbladder was off and I must have had a lot of pizza....NO! ok then fried food.....NO....cake....NO

I told him he was going to have to find another reason because I eat GOOD food now!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I am proud today because I went to my chiropractor for an adjustment. He told me my gallbladder was off and I must have had a lot of pizza....NO! ok then fried food.....NO....cake....NO

I told him he was going to have to find another reason because I eat GOOD food now!

So, is your chiropractor a kook? Or is there something wrong? I'm confused.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I made it through my aerobics video again and walked my daughters dog. I started out well and had a healthy breakfast and lunch. So I had a positive 1/2 day:bigsmile: The rest of the day was a loss but I can try again tomorrow.

We were blessed with 4 inches of the fluffy white stuff here. So the walk was kind of cold. :ohwell:

Who is dressing up for holloween?
  • tresa1234
    Options

Yay ... that is awesome!!

You won't see me running any time soon ... well maybe never. I think I'd lose some parts if I started running .... and not parts I want to part with ... !!! n1qshok.gifn1qshok.gif

Keep up the good work on all that fabulous exercise!!
    klatsch.gifklatsch.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Hello darlins,

I'm here late again ... lotsa work and other stuff today! I stayed within my calories but didn't get much in the way of exercise today, other than pushing one of those stubborn carts around WalMart for an hour or two. It was a constant battle NOT to have it crash into everything in its path :noway: So I guess that counts for some arm exercises, eh? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tomorrow night is ZUMBA so I'll definitely get a good workout tomorrow, and then Friday night dance lessons. After my extra big (for me anyway :embarassed: ) workout yesterday, I guess it wasn't a big deal not to get on the elliptical. Tomorrow is another day....

I'm glad to see all the new folks! Welcome ... this has been a super fun thread!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Thanks! It's great to be here....I'm stickin around now...hope that's ok... I've decided I can find things to be proud of and not feel like I shouldn't be sharing them.:laugh:

Perhaps that sounds odd to those of you that have been on this thread for a bit of time...but I felt awkward sharing things at first...now they come easy:flowerforyou:

Thanks gang for that! It's you all and your excitement and kindess that have made me be more comfy here:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Awww ... YAY! That makes me feel so good! I'm glad you are here on this thread ... you are a SUPER inspiration to me!!

000202AF.gif

I know what you mean about not wanting to talk about what makes you proud ... but I think now you're getting that it is more about celebrating our little (and big) victories over ourselves and not bragging... we are going against the current of our culture that pushes us to EAT and SIT (but still demands that we be thin!!) and we deserve to feel good about the choices we are making every day! YAY for YOU!!!

dance.gifdance.gifdance.gifdance.gifdance.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options

00020251.gif

Welcome!! This site IS very addictive ... I've had to start setting a timer to make myself get up and do something else every now and then!!

Resisting cake ... GOOD for you!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You deserve to be proud of that choice today ... and day by day you will keep making the choices that will help you be as healthy as you can be!

I think you get a strawberry dance.

00020087.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options

Yay ... I love to be able to tell off medical practitioners!! (I work as a medical transcriptionist ... I never see the doctor I type for but believe me ... I yell at him plenty!!) But I digress ....

Seriously, sometimes losing weight causes gallbladder issues ... if you start having symptoms you should probably visit the ole doctor and have it checked out ...

It is so awesome that you have changed your life to the point where you KNOW you are doing the right things! HOORAY for you!!!

I think it's time for a mixed veggie dance for Jeannie ....

0002008B.gif0002008D.gif0002008E.gif00020093.gif00020086.gif

Sometimes you just have to pull out all the stops ... LOL