What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Just got done making the cookies...and they're good...got them packed up in a little container and just need to get some plastic wrap to get them ready to send...hope he likes them!

And I ate one baked cookie and about ummm...3 cookie dough balls...so...like 4 cookies...but I used a melon baller to keep them small and portion controlled so 4 of my little guys was probably like 2 of a regular sized cookie...so I'm proud!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for not yelling at my 3yo when he very much on purpose dumped our dogs' water dish in the middle of the kitchen floor...then splashed in it...then showed his brother how to splash in it...:grumble:

I'm also proud of myself for sticking to the no sweets until Thanksgiving challenge. Woo!

GOOD for you! I know it seems impossible now, but you're going to blink a couple of times and those little guys are going to be headed off to college or to work or bringing home a fiancee ...

And yay you for sticking with the no sweets!

0002024B.gif

Where is the little girl I carried, where is the little boy at play.
    sunrise, sunset.....

LOL anyway, this is the only way I get to sing without my dogs howling!!

And good for you with the sweets, sweetie!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Just got done making the cookies...and they're good...got them packed up in a little container and just need to get some plastic wrap to get them ready to send...hope he likes them!

And I ate one baked cookie and about ummm...3 cookie dough balls...so...like 4 cookies...but I used a melon baller to keep them small and portion controlled so 4 of my little guys was probably like 2 of a regular sized cookie...so I'm proud!

Should I PM you my address....jeez i want some cookies! I will trade one of my hansome sons for a dozen!

cookies00020118.gif
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

Should I PM you my address....jeez i want some cookies! I will trade one of my hansome sons for a dozen!

cookies00020118.gif

Oooh ooh...names...ages? lol...don't tempt me with a good man...they are so hard to come by!
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I packed my cooler of clean healthy food for today and have stuck to it! I have a bad habit of leaving during my lunch hr and eating not so healthy food because I get super hungry before I get back to work.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    again I say....no choc covered peanuts and no sunchips been a good day... :laugh:

Headin to workout in a bit with my fellow gym rats...so that will be my reward for not eating crap when I'm pms'n

Have a good evening all....I'll be back later to catch up I imagine:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

FoodCookiesnMilk.gif

Great job Laura! how'd you make them again? I know you went the healthier route...I need a recipe like that to send out also....care to share? or PM me? thank you GF:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

FoodCookiesnMilk.gif

Great job Laura! how'd you make them again? I know you went the healthier route...I need a recipe like that to send out also....care to share? or PM me? thank you GF:flowerforyou:

Notice I'm dunkin but not eating them??:huh: :laugh: :laugh: :grumble: saves a few calories that way....:bigsmile: :huh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

FoodCookiesnMilk.gif

Good job on only doing a sample taste test....cause ya kinda had to with it being a new recipe...new beau and all:tongue:

Notice I'm dunkin but not eating them??:huh: :laugh: :laugh: :grumble: saves a few calories that way....:bigsmile: :huh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

FoodCookiesnMilk.gif

Good job on only doing a sample taste test....cause ya kinda had to with it being a new recipe...new beau and all:tongue:

imaginary cookies! Bleahhhhhhhh:grumble: :sad: :noway:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    40 minutes of rigorous calistentics (burpees, suicides, pushups diamonds and wide arms mind you, crunches, flutter kicks you get the point)

And a wonderful 4 mile run
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Even though it was frigid and snowing out last night I still went for my 6 km walk! I just had to bundle up warm - but I think I was the only person out on the sidewalks last night! :laugh:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

FoodCookiesnMilk.gif

This is the recipe my Grandma always used...

Grandma’s Cookies
    ½ cup oats
    ½ cup sugar
    1/3 cup packed brown sugar
    1 stick (½ cup) butter
    ½ cup peanut butter
    ½ teaspoon vanilla
    1 egg
    1 cup flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    6 ounces chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes; makes 2 dozen cookies

To make it a bit healthier, I used whole wheat flour, and for the sugar I used half sugar substitute and half organic natural sugar.

The sugar substitute gave the cookies a strange flavor, so I may not use that again in the future and may look into Stevia or Sucanat or something else that is natural and better for you without tasting as artificial as the Altern I used. You could also use reduced fat peanut butter and try using just egg whites rather than the whole egg. And for the chocolate chips you could use raisins or cranberries or even just dark chocolate. I don't even think I put in the salt (because I forgot, not because I didn't want to put it in lol) but I know that's in there for some chemical reason...so you should probably put it in but maybe you could use No Salt or some other salt substitute to keep the sodium low. I also used a melon baller to portion out the cookies and then cut down the cooking time accordingly. Made them very small, so portion control is much easier...
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me hopping into your thread just wanted a little accountablilty. I managed to get my aerobics done, Ate my salad, Drank my waters, took the dog for a walk and ate a portion controlled supper. I have accomplished my goals for today.(Thank God) I'm tired.
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me hopping into your thread just wanted a little accountablilty. I managed to get my aerobics done, Ate my salad, Drank my waters, took the dog for a walk and ate a portion controlled supper. I have accomplished my goals for today.(Thank God) I'm tired.

By all means, hop in! Sounds like you have a lot to be proud of today! Awesome job!
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My husband and I joined a gym yesterday, went to our 1st appointment today and scheduled our 2nd appointment for Monday. We're going to do this!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I packed my cooler of clean healthy food for today and have stuck to it! I have a bad habit of leaving during my lunch hr and eating not so healthy food because I get super hungry before I get back to work.

Great job Connie! Taking care of business, and your body!
    00020291.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options

FoodCookiesnMilk.gif

I LOVE that! Good for you on the chocolate! I am so glad I dont have that PMS monster any more. Why in the world do they call it your friend? Nothing friendly about it!
    0002009D.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    My husband and I joined a gym yesterday, went to our 1st appointment today and scheduled our 2nd appointment for Monday. We're going to do this!!!!

YOU ARE! Your doing it! I am very proud of you! Make sure to take your measurements!
    00020210.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options

KJ the more the merrier! You must feel like a million bucks tonight, got quite a lot accomplished today! GOod for you!
    You get a gold medal~!
    000202D1.gif