What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I went to Wendy's and ate a grilled chicken salad! With 1/2 the packet of lite dressing! :noway: :laugh:

We should all feel very proud today!
    000202BE.gif

Great choice! Yay for you! Now let's see if I know how to add this in here .... hmm...

000202B2.gif

I'm feeling better .... thank you! I did actually get on the elliptical for 30 minutes and I'm pretty sure that helped!

You DID it!! Yeah I got 2 prizes in one day!!

I am proud of you for doing the ellip...prolly more than other peeps who have never had a migraine! Oh how I hate them. When I went thru the change, they changed to only the aura and slight headache. I love saying to someone, sorry I cant see-can you help me please!!

I hope you feel better tomorrow!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I went to Wendy's and ate a grilled chicken salad! With 1/2 the packet of lite dressing! :noway: :laugh:

We should all feel very proud today!
    000202BE.gif

Great choice! Yay for you! Now let's see if I know how to add this in here .... hmm...

000202B2.gif

I'm feeling better .... thank you! I did actually get on the elliptical for 30 minutes and I'm pretty sure that helped!

You DID it!! Yeah I got 2 prizes in one day!!

I am proud of you for doing the ellip...prolly more than other peeps who have never had a migraine! Oh how I hate them. When I went thru the change, they changed to only the aura and slight headache. I love saying to someone, sorry I cant see-can you help me please!!

I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Yep. I've always had menstrual migraines and this is one of them (with a touch of some kind of stomach thingie) ... I get them even in those silly perimenopausal months when I just have endless PMS. (LOL ... hope I'm not scaring the younger ones!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:) The whole aura thing is just ridiculous. Pretty psychedelic, though.... smile_peaceandlove.gif But thankfully it seems to be mostly gone ... yay! Back to what passes for normal for me. :tongue:

Hey everybody ... have a great night! (Laura ... are you around? How is today going?) :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Hey everybody ... have a great night! (Laura ... are you around? How is today going?) :heart: :heart: :heart:

Yeah I'm here...nothing to be proud of today...feeling sore and stuffed...will report in tomorrow
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Yeah I'm here...nothing to be proud of today...feeling sore and stuffed...will report in tomorrow

You are HERE that is something to be proud of. You arent hiding........and your sour cuz you exercised! Oh and you MADE me exercise...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

You are HERE that is something to be proud of. You arent hiding........and your sour cuz you exercised! Oh and you MADE me exercise...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Yeah well tomorrow you can work out for both of us because yoga is just downright painful! :tongue:
  • tresa1234
    Options

Well, you can be proud that you are here on the boards.... and tomorrow is a new day!

hug8ok.gifhug8ok.gifhug8ok.gif
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

Well, you can be proud that you are here on the boards.... and tomorrow is a new day!

Well I didn't totally bomb today food and exercise wise...I was just in a very bad mood...very crabby today...I did go over my calories but not by a whole lot...and I exercised today...so overall I did okay...I even managed to stick with my original plan of tilapia and vegetables for dinner when my mom and brother had bacon cheese dogs and cheese fries for dinner...thanks for checking in guys...you made me smile and I was sure nothing was going to do that today...
  • tresa1234
    Options

Well I didn't totally bomb today food and exercise wise...I was just in a very bad mood...very crabby today...I did go over my calories but not by a whole lot...and I exercised today...so overall I did okay...I even managed to stick with my original plan of tilapia and vegetables for dinner when my mom and brother had bacon cheese dogs and cheese fries for dinner...thanks for checking in guys...you made me smile and I was sure nothing was going to do that today...

Ok, now for the kick in the butt! Girl ... you did AWESOME today! What in the world are you talking about "nothing to be proud of" Psshhh !!!

You felt bad emotionally and you DID NOT BINGE!!!! You ate healthy and you exercised!!!!

C'mon Laura ... stop being so hard on yourself! You did great and you deserve to be proud... progress, not perfection. Say it again. PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION.

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hey Laura,,,,,,,,

Laura is my friend, so be nice to her!
    00020119.gif
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Hey Laura,,,,,,,,

Laura is my friend, so be nice to her!
    00020119.gif

LMBO that kissy face is too much...too much I say!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    it cracks me up every time! I had to pull out the big artillery for ya this evening!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

000202B2.gif

Yep. I've always had menstrual migraines and this is one of them (with a touch of some kind of stomach thingie) ... I get them even in those silly perimenopausal months when I just have endless PMS.

WHOA...wait a second....someone else with endless PMS???? Oh say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so....oh actually I want to hear someone SAY IT's so......I wanna hear I'm not losing my mind and not the only one dealing with PMS symtoms every 3 days or so...lol ack

Ok, spill it....we're close in age...I wanted so bag to grab sunchips and chocolate covered peanuts after I left my workout tonight. BUT I didn't. YAY....my something good I did today for me!

Ohhhhh sheesh maybe I can do this group after all.....that was easy to spill.....lol

Seriously though (ok, well that WAS serious...and I am PROUD...my brain thought I wanted/NEEDED them bad...but I didn't...I'm still alive and feeling glad I didn't waste my money) I'm curious about this endless pms.....It seems like so often I'm dealing with up and downs in my mood...UGH

HELP.....what's to expect next? LOL

Hope you all are doing great today...er, um, well in my neighborhood it's now Tuesday here. :laugh:

I'm gonna start hangin with you GUYS...you're a fun bunch....nutty and fun, my kinda peeps:smooched:
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    Today I went to tafe
    haha sounds easy enough but I HATE going and I'm a night person [usually work nights] and have to get up at 6am when i go to sleep around 3 - I wanted to skip it but I didnt

I also went to the tip shop [shop at the rubbish tip] and bought an antique chair and cupboard and a bedside table with drawers all for $15!!
    After sanding them back with some nice stain and varnish they will look better than new!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

000202B2.gif

Yep. I've always had menstrual migraines and this is one of them (with a touch of some kind of stomach thingie) ... I get them even in those silly perimenopausal months when I just have endless PMS.

WHOA...wait a second....someone else with endless PMS???? Oh say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so....oh actually I want to hear someone SAY IT's so......I wanna hear I'm not losing my mind and not the only one dealing with PMS symtoms every 3 days or so...lol ack

Ok, spill it....we're close in age...I wanted so bag to grab sunchips and chocolate covered peanuts after I left my workout tonight. BUT I didn't. YAY....my something good I did today for me!

Ohhhhh sheesh maybe I can do this group after all.....that was easy to spill.....lol

Seriously though (ok, well that WAS serious...and I am PROUD...my brain thought I wanted/NEEDED them bad...but I didn't...I'm still alive and feeling glad I didn't waste my money) I'm curious about this endless pms.....It seems like so often I'm dealing with up and downs in my mood...UGH

HELP.....what's to expect next? LOL

Hope you all are doing great today...er, um, well in my neighborhood it's now Tuesday here. :laugh:

I'm gonna start hangin with you GUYS...you're a fun bunch....nutty and fun, my kinda peeps:smooched:

NO chocolate covered peanuts AND Pms??You are a saint!
    You do have much to make you feel proud!
    0002015E.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Today I went to tafe
    haha sounds easy enough but I HATE going and I'm a night person [usually work nights] and have to get up at 6am when i go to sleep around 3 - I wanted to skip it but I didnt

I also went to the tip shop [shop at the rubbish tip] and bought an antique chair and cupboard and a bedside table with drawers all for $15!!
    After sanding them back with some nice stain and varnish they will look better than new!

WOW, cool.....good bargain AND a great workout! (I still have a sideboard I am going to sand and stain, just bought...oh say 20 YEARS ago. It has become a family joke now!)

I am so excited for you I am nearly crying! I just love a good bargain!
    000202B4.gif
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am very proud - went away for the weekend (4 days) and LOST .2 pounds! Not easy when we were in a big group and meals included...McDonalds, Wendy's, Cracker Barrel, Perkins...

It was really hard and BORING food choices - I think I had grilled chicken every meal but I did it! I did go over 1 day on calories which was the "campfire cookout" and all there was were burgers chips potato salad, macaroni salad - I ate 1 burger-plain no mayo, tiny portion (less than 1/4 cup) of the salads and 1/2 a smore, no chips. I felt in control for once in my life!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am very proud - went away for the weekend (4 days) and LOST .2 pounds! Not easy when we were in a big group and meals included...McDonalds, Wendy's, Cracker Barrel, Perkins...

It was really hard and BORING food choices - I think I had grilled chicken every meal but I did it! I did go over 1 day on calories which was the "campfire cookout" and all there was were burgers chips potato salad, macaroni salad - I ate 1 burger-plain no mayo, tiny portion (less than 1/4 cup) of the salads and 1/2 a smore, no chips. I felt in control for once in my life!

That is GREAT! Vacation is the hardest time to keep calories to a minimum, the fact that you did it means you GET it!!

0002013F.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Ooh, ooh ... I have a lot I want to say but if I don't get my behind into the other room to Zumba around I'll end up only having burned 98 calories today since I gotta go out yet again this evening ... I shall return ...

Later my dears ....

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ooh, ooh ... I have a lot I want to say but if I don't get my behind into the other room to Zumba around I'll end up only having burned 98 calories today since I gotta go out yet again this evening ... I shall return ...

Later my dears ....

:heart: :heart: :heart:

zooming around..hmmmmmmm how many calories burned?
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Today I am proud because I was mixing up some cookie dough to bake tomorrow and send to my latest love interest...he is working on making some dietary lifestyle changes like I am, so I decided to use some healthier ingredients in these cookies (I mean, there's not a whole lot of ways you can make chocolate chip oatmeal peanut butter cookies healthy...but I made an effort)

I used whole wheat flour, and for the 1 cup of sugar, I used 1/2 cup sugar alternative and 1/2 cup organic natural sugar. I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make calorie wise, and I know baking has a lot of chemistry involved in it, so it might blow up the house when I bake these little guys tomorrow...or they might just end up being delicious and winning this guy over :tongue: