What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    What have you done today to make you feel proud? (dont forget to sing the song when you read the line!!)

LMBO I sing the song EVERY time I come into this thread LOL!

Today I am proud because I am now eating my snack...sugar free pudding cups...and I will have 132 calories LEFT OVER! Today is binge free day one!

I just got home from church...and spent my 40 minute drive home in some desperately overdue time with my Heavenly Father...

I bought a yoga mat earlier today...plan to use it tomorrow...didn't binge...stayed in my calories...and tried on a sweater in a size 22/24 and it FIT! It must run big because everything else in the store in that size wouldn't ever fit me...but just knowing that for that one moment in time I was a 22/24...wow...that's enough to keep me proud for like a month!

AND I bought a pair of size 18 dress pants that would split if I put them on now...but they were only $7 and I know they will fit me in a few weeks...

Lots to be proud of today...thanks everybody...you all rock...you all super rock! Thanks to everyone who picked me up and kicked me around a little yesterday...apparently it was what I needed...it really is one day at a time, and while I may not know what tomorrow holds...I KICKED TODAY'S BUTT!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I went over my calories today...but only by 101...and if I weren't so sore I could exercise that off fairly easily...so overall, I'm somewhat proud...

thats actually quite good, havent you had a bad few days? 100 cals is a peach, dont worry about it!
    Your doing GREAT!

000200AD.gif

More like a bad few weeks! I just joined ANOTHER challenge because DAMN I have to stop this bingeing and going over my calories...so now I'm in the Thanksgiving Challenge, the Binger's Challenge, and the new one for people who are in a rut...so here we go...I'll have three separate sets of people to kick me in the butt if I don't follow the goals I've set...and I bruise easily...so I better get back in the game SOON! Thanks Jeannie...you're awesome!

Feel free to join the "No Sweets Til Thanksgiving Challenge" :wink: Make it an even four sets of people to kick you in the butt. turkydance1.gif

LOL Well I actually don't have a problem with sweets luckily...that's not my downfall...it's usually the leftovers that get me...it's the food that I can resist when my family eats it the first time around, but when I open up the fridge to get my water bottle or a small healthy nighttime snack I see it and just go wild...besides, three sets of people lighting a fire under my butt sounds like a good number...four might just make me strangle someone :P *and technically I consider the people in this thread to be my 4th group of butt kickers...because I know Jeannie will worry if I don't pop in here at least once a day lol :tongue: *

Ooooooooookey doke!!

I know what you mean about leftovers-- I've struggled for years cleaning my kids' plates. I would shudder to know how many calories I've eaten in my 18 years of motherhood by cleaning their plates, finishing their sandwich crusts, polishing off their half-eaten ice cream cones, or hamburgers from McDonald's because they only liked the french fries-- {{{shudder}}} See? I shuddered anyway. :bigsmile:

Well, you hang in there sweetie-- you're really doing a good thing for yourself!!

HI, Marla WELCOME:flowerforyou:

Because this is a thread on being proud..

What have you done today to make you feel proud? (dont forget to sing the song when you read the line!!)

OH-- ummm-- golly-- not sure what line I'm supposed to sing-- 'splain?

Proud of today-- hmmmmm-- let's see-- most importantly, I guess, was I was able to comfort a very good friend who just suffered a great loss--

Beyond that, I didn't indulge in the brownies my kids baked, ordered my whopper junior without the mayo (I always forget to do that!!!) And didn't finish my two year old's french fries-- all in all, a good day.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I feel good today because this is really starting to feel like my lifestyle and I find my thought patterns about food and exercise really changing for the better.

And tonight hubby & I are going to take a swing dance lesson from my daughter and son-in-law and then dance for a couple of hours. I never thought exercise could be so much fun.

What's everybody else doing today ... c'mon ... we wanna hear about it! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

OH Oh OH can I go too???? Please!! That will be so much fun! Can you sneak in your HRM so you can log the cals you burn?
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

YEAH ... get yourself here for next Friday night!!! .... no wait, come on Thursday and we'll go tear up the Zumba class!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

And I am most definitely going to be wearing that pretty pink Polar F6 a lot ... even though pink doesn't go with a whole lot of my clothes .... hmmm...... :laugh: :laugh:

Can we go shopping to buy clothes that match our HRMs???

I KNEW I liked you!!!! :laugh: :heart: :laugh: :heart: :laugh:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Whew ... I just got home after a LONG day, but I stayed within my calorie limit even though I was out and about and didn't have any choices at dinner ... I just ate a little bit of a few the fattening southern style dishes and came out okay. Didn't exercise, so I'll count today as my day off and prolly Zumba tomorrow.

Lots to be proud of today y'all!! Let's make tomorrow another great day! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Elizabetnelson
    Options
    I survived 20 minutes of land aerobics! WHOOT WHOOT!
    I usually do Water Aerobics and at this weight I didn't realize how hard land aerobics are!
  • tresa1234
    Options
    I usually do Water Aerobics and at this weight I didn't realize how hard land aerobics are!

That's awesome, Elizabeth! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Just be sure to listen to your body and stop or slow down if it starts to hurt ... I know I have a tendency to get excited in a class and push too hard and then regret it later! Keep up the great work!!
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    cleaned my whole house in 2 hours!!

[it was very messy..bloody kids] :blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

LMBO I sing the song EVERY time I come into this thread LOL!

Today I am proud because I am now eating my snack...sugar free pudding cups...and I will have 132 calories LEFT OVER! Today is binge free day one!

I just got home from church...and spent my 40 minute drive home in some desperately overdue time with my Heavenly Father...

I bought a yoga mat earlier today...plan to use it tomorrow...didn't binge...stayed in my calories...and tried on a sweater in a size 22/24 and it FIT! It must run big because everything else in the store in that size wouldn't ever fit me...but just knowing that for that one moment in time I was a 22/24...wow...that's enough to keep me proud for like a month!

AND I bought a pair of size 18 dress pants that would split if I put them on now...but they were only $7 and I know they will fit me in a few weeks...

Lots to be proud of today...thanks everybody...you all rock...you all super rock! Thanks to everyone who picked me up and kicked me around a little yesterday...apparently it was what I needed...it really is one day at a time, and while I may not know what tomorrow holds...I KICKED TODAY'S BUTT!

You are such a blessing to me!! I love your upbeat attitude, even when your down.

You went an entire day without bingeing....WOO HOO!!!
    00020245.gif

but you need dancing banana too!
    0002013F.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    cleaned my whole house in 2 hours!!

[it was very messy..bloody kids] :blushing:

did you count those calories!??! :laugh:

Good for you! I know what a mess they can make!
    0002018C.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options

WOW! Your really improving your strength!! I am really proud of you for your new choices!!
    0002011E.gif

0002013F.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Whew ... I just got home after a LONG day, but I stayed within my calorie limit even though I was out and about and didn't have any choices at dinner ... I just ate a little bit of a few the fattening southern style dishes and came out okay. Didn't exercise, so I'll count today as my day off and prolly Zumba tomorrow.

Lots to be proud of today y'all!! Let's make tomorrow another great day! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Staying within your cals on a day you ates some good ol southern food is a work of art! Woo Hoo Tresa!!
    00020085.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I feel good today because this is really starting to feel like my lifestyle and I find my thought patterns about food and exercise really changing for the better.

And tonight hubby & I are going to take a swing dance lesson from my daughter and son-in-law and then dance for a couple of hours. I never thought exercise could be so much fun.

What's everybody else doing today ... c'mon ... we wanna hear about it! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

OH Oh OH can I go too???? Please!! That will be so much fun! Can you sneak in your HRM so you can log the cals you burn?
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

YEAH ... get yourself here for next Friday night!!! .... no wait, come on Thursday and we'll go tear up the Zumba class!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

And I am most definitely going to be wearing that pretty pink Polar F6 a lot ... even though pink doesn't go with a whole lot of my clothes .... hmmm...... :laugh: :laugh:

Can we go shopping to buy clothes that match our HRMs???

I KNEW I liked you!!!! :laugh: :heart: :laugh: :heart: :laugh:

LOL! I bought a pink purse yesterday just to be funny! My Friend and I went to the mall and I wore the HRM. She is funny, just rolls her eyes!!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I went over my calories today...but only by 101...and if I weren't so sore I could exercise that off fairly easily...so overall, I'm somewhat proud...

thats actually quite good, havent you had a bad few days? 100 cals is a peach, dont worry about it!
    Your doing GREAT!

000200AD.gif

More like a bad few weeks! I just joined ANOTHER challenge because DAMN I have to stop this bingeing and going over my calories...so now I'm in the Thanksgiving Challenge, the Binger's Challenge, and the new one for people who are in a rut...so here we go...I'll have three separate sets of people to kick me in the butt if I don't follow the goals I've set...and I bruise easily...so I better get back in the game SOON! Thanks Jeannie...you're awesome!

Feel free to join the "No Sweets Til Thanksgiving Challenge" :wink: Make it an even four sets of people to kick you in the butt. turkydance1.gif

LOL Well I actually don't have a problem with sweets luckily...that's not my downfall...it's usually the leftovers that get me...it's the food that I can resist when my family eats it the first time around, but when I open up the fridge to get my water bottle or a small healthy nighttime snack I see it and just go wild...besides, three sets of people lighting a fire under my butt sounds like a good number...four might just make me strangle someone :P *and technically I consider the people in this thread to be my 4th group of butt kickers...because I know Jeannie will worry if I don't pop in here at least once a day lol :tongue: *

Ooooooooookey doke!!

I know what you mean about leftovers-- I've struggled for years cleaning my kids' plates. I would shudder to know how many calories I've eaten in my 18 years of motherhood by cleaning their plates, finishing their sandwich crusts, polishing off their half-eaten ice cream cones, or hamburgers from McDonald's because they only liked the french fries-- {{{shudder}}} See? I shuddered anyway. :bigsmile:

Well, you hang in there sweetie-- you're really doing a good thing for yourself!!

HI, Marla WELCOME:flowerforyou:

Because this is a thread on being proud..

OH-- ummm-- golly-- not sure what line I'm supposed to sing-- 'splain?

Proud of today-- hmmmmm-- let's see-- most importantly, I guess, was I was able to comfort a very good friend who just suffered a great loss--

Beyond that, I didn't indulge in the brownies my kids baked, ordered my whopper junior without the mayo (I always forget to do that!!!) And didn't finish my two year old's french fries-- all in all, a good day.

I am sorry...that is the Biggest Loser opening song!

Proud you should be of no brownies...with the smell in the air you are a better woman than me!! AND you didnt finish the kids food...again that is how I gained 50 pounds!!

I am very proud of you! You get Mr Potato Dance cuz you didnt eat the fries!!
    00020086.gif
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    I lost three pounds this week! What madness! Utter madness...but I know two weeks of bingeing and a 3 pound loss each week is NOT NORMAL...and as much as I may be tempted to play roulette with my health and binge this week, I know there's no way I can show a 3 pound loss next week too if I don't get my act together...so today it is back to the plan...and I have fewer calories to work with...

So...here's to feeling proud today...:drinker: <<<each glass has 32 ounces of water...make sure you get your 64 today ladies!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I lost three pounds this week! What madness! Utter madness...but I know two weeks of bingeing and a 3 pound loss each week is NOT NORMAL...and as much as I may be tempted to play roulette with my health and binge this week, I know there's no way I can show a 3 pound loss next week too if I don't get my act together...so today it is back to the plan...and I have fewer calories to work with...

So...here's to feeling proud today...:drinker: <<<each glass has 32 ounces of water...make sure you get your 64 today ladies!

:drinker: to feeling PROUD!:drinker: Going to drink some right now, in honor of my friend Laura~
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

:drinker: to feeling PROUD!:drinker: Going to drink some right now, in honor of my friend Laura~

Yay for the water! I am logging my lunch...at Hoss's buffet and I'm pretty sure I am within my calories...and I'm getting ready to go play yoga and pilates...I'll let you know how that goes later lol...
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Yay for the water! I am logging my lunch...at Hoss's buffet and I'm pretty sure I am within my calories...and I'm getting ready to go play yoga and pilates...I'll let you know how that goes later lol...

Woo Hoo ! Thanks to you I did 45 min jog/walk! Yeah US!!:drinker: :drinker:
    I am giving my self the banana dance!
    0002013F.gif
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

Woo Hoo ! Thanks to you I did 45 min jog/walk! Yeah US!!:drinker: :drinker:
    I am giving my self the banana dance!
    0002013F.gif

Awesome job! Apples are my favorite...(has to do with the Bible verse about being the apple of His eye...helped me through my divorce....but I digress)...so here's a little dancing apple for you getting in your exercise! I WILL be checking in with you daily to make sure you hit your goals for the Rut challenge, friend...be afraid...be very afraid!

0009.gif

Edit: P.S. I just finished my first yoga workout...didn't burn many calories at all and don't think I accomplished much...other than deciding that I need to deodorize my new yoga mat because it stinks! Haha...and then my brother told me that yoga and pilates are for skinny people...clearly I'm not yoga worthy yet...I think I'll stick to my cardio for now...but the yoga was a fun way to shake it up a bit! And it was awesome to work out barefooted!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I think a lot of people on the site would beg to differ.

I dont do yoga cuz I feel silly. But I have spoken with Yoga instructors and my Orthopedist, and it is very good for your mucles and bones. The stretching may not burn many calories, but you are getting stronger and dont realize it. My friend was 280 pounds, she lost 50 pounds on diet and Yoga 3x week.

She could put her foot behind her ear....which aint an easy thing to do when you are 50, 250 and 5'4"!!

So do what makes you feel good....and be PROUD that you completed the yoga, and I would have fallen over and broken a hip!!

LOL

Thanks for the dancing apple....I LOVE
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    got out of bed!