What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I feel good today because this is really starting to feel like my lifestyle and I find my thought patterns about food and exercise really changing for the better.

And tonight hubby & I are going to take a swing dance lesson from my daughter and son-in-law and then dance for a couple of hours. I never thought exercise could be so much fun.

What's everybody else doing today ... c'mon ... we wanna hear about it! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I feel good today because this is really starting to feel like my lifestyle and I find my thought patterns about food and exercise really changing for the better.

And tonight hubby & I are going to take a swing dance lesson from my daughter and son-in-law and then dance for a couple of hours. I never thought exercise could be so much fun.

What's everybody else doing today ... c'mon ... we wanna hear about it! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

OH Oh OH can I go too???? Please!! That will be so much fun! Can you sneak in your HRM so you can log the cals you burn?
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I went over my calories today...but only by 101...and if I weren't so sore I could exercise that off fairly easily...so overall, I'm somewhat proud...
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I went over my calories today...but only by 101...and if I weren't so sore I could exercise that off fairly easily...so overall, I'm somewhat proud...

That's great, Laura-- !!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

thats actually quite good, havent you had a bad few days? 100 cals is a peach, dont worry about it!
    Your doing GREAT!

000200AD.gif
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

Thanks Marla!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

thats actually quite good, havent you had a bad few days? 100 cals is a peach, dont worry about it!
    Your doing GREAT!

000200AD.gif

More like a bad few weeks! I just joined ANOTHER challenge because DAMN I have to stop this bingeing and going over my calories...so now I'm in the Thanksgiving Challenge, the Binger's Challenge, and the new one for people who are in a rut...so here we go...I'll have three separate sets of people to kick me in the butt if I don't follow the goals I've set...and I bruise easily...so I better get back in the game SOON! Thanks Jeannie...you're awesome!
  • Marla64
    Options

Thanks Marla!

Well, you're welcome-- you are so beautiful, and you're doing so well-- look at you!! 43 pounds-- that's terrific!! God bless you!! Have a great night!!
  • Marla64
    Options

Your doing GREAT!

000200AD.gif

More like a bad few weeks! I just joined ANOTHER challenge because DAMN I have to stop this bingeing and going over my calories...so now I'm in the Thanksgiving Challenge, the Binger's Challenge, and the new one for people who are in a rut...so here we go...I'll have three separate sets of people to kick me in the butt if I don't follow the goals I've set...and I bruise easily...so I better get back in the game SOON! Thanks Jeannie...you're awesome!

Feel free to join the "No Sweets Til Thanksgiving Challenge" :wink: Make it an even four sets of people to kick you in the butt. turkydance1.gif
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

Your doing GREAT!

000200AD.gif

Feel free to join the "No Sweets Til Thanksgiving Challenge" :wink: Make it an even four sets of people to kick you in the butt. turkydance1.gif

LOL Well I actually don't have a problem with sweets luckily...that's not my downfall...it's usually the leftovers that get me...it's the food that I can resist when my family eats it the first time around, but when I open up the fridge to get my water bottle or a small healthy nighttime snack I see it and just go wild...besides, three sets of people lighting a fire under my butt sounds like a good number...four might just make me strangle someone :P *and technically I consider the people in this thread to be my 4th group of butt kickers...because I know Jeannie will worry if I don't pop in here at least once a day lol :tongue: *
  • Marla64
    Options

Your doing GREAT!

000200AD.gif

LOL Well I actually don't have a problem with sweets luckily...that's not my downfall...it's usually the leftovers that get me...it's the food that I can resist when my family eats it the first time around, but when I open up the fridge to get my water bottle or a small healthy nighttime snack I see it and just go wild...besides, three sets of people lighting a fire under my butt sounds like a good number...four might just make me strangle someone :P *and technically I consider the people in this thread to be my 4th group of butt kickers...because I know Jeannie will worry if I don't pop in here at least once a day lol :tongue: *

Ooooooooookey doke!!

I know what you mean about leftovers-- I've struggled for years cleaning my kids' plates. I would shudder to know how many calories I've eaten in my 18 years of motherhood by cleaning their plates, finishing their sandwich crusts, polishing off their half-eaten ice cream cones, or hamburgers from McDonald's because they only liked the french fries-- {{{shudder}}} See? I shuddered anyway. :bigsmile:

Well, you hang in there sweetie-- you're really doing a good thing for yourself!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: Um.....I would like a strawberry dance please from AWTY....:sad: :sad:

I've never been able to post on here....it's hard for me to share the good things I've done....weird I guess..but for some reason I can't ....... so why can't I? any idea?? Cause I would like to get the strawberry dance but I know you can't get that special dance from AWTY unless you post something good you did....

WOW....as I reread that.....ok, that is a bit strange come to think of it, knowing I'm doing well, but can't type any of it in this thread?

FREAKY! Like ahhh HALLOWEEN FREAKY:noway:
    FlyingWitchnherblackcat.gif
    bwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwahahhahahah
  • tresa1234
    Options

OH Oh OH can I go too???? Please!! That will be so much fun! Can you sneak in your HRM so you can log the cals you burn?

YEAH ... get yourself here for next Friday night!!! .... no wait, come on Thursday and we'll go tear up the Zumba class!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

And I am most definitely going to be wearing that pretty pink Polar F6 a lot ... even though pink doesn't go with a whole lot of my clothes .... hmmm...... :laugh: :laugh:
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good job EVERYONE!

I walked 2 miles on a really sore foot. It's been sore for weeks and I cannot get it to heel. I tore a ligament BUT....I still did some walking!!

And I drank TONS of water!!
  • tresa1234
    Options

YAY!! Way to go Laura!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

I've been doing well for a couple of months because my life hasn't been particularly stressful or upsetting in this little stretch of time (and because this community is so incredibly helpful & supportive!!) but I know what that whole emotional eating/binging thing is like and it's only one day at a time that is keeping me from going there again.

I've been reading a really good book called "Life Is Hard, Food Is Easy" by Linda Spangle. I swear she must be inside my head hearing what I'm thinking ... she really gets to the heart of the issue and it's super helpful. At least I think so....

Whenever those leftovers start calling you, just come on here and talk to us!! We'll kick your butt or give you a big hug ... maybe both!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Your doing GREAT!

000200AD.gif

Very true, I look forward to your daily posts Laura. I get to see your smiling face, and hear you positive outlook. You are very important to me and an inspiration.

I am lucky,I do all the cooking! I wont be serving tofurky to my poor family, but I will be using OVOO, very little butter, seasoning with low sodium broths instead, serving whole wheat rolls.

Here is my plan of attack for the munchies- I am going to make my 'later' plate right after dinner. I KNOW I am going to eat it, so lets know what I am eating. I will put a serving, or less, of each thing that is good for me...and a little of the not so good. Then when I dive into the fridge later on I will have my plate ready.

Thanks, laura for making me think of this. It is going to help me a lot!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Your doing GREAT!

000200AD.gif

Ooooooooookey doke!!

I know what you mean about leftovers-- I've struggled for years cleaning my kids' plates. I would shudder to know how many calories I've eaten in my 18 years of motherhood by cleaning their plates, finishing their sandwich crusts, polishing off their half-eaten ice cream cones, or hamburgers from McDonald's because they only liked the french fries-- {{{shudder}}} See? I shuddered anyway. :bigsmile:

Well, you hang in there sweetie-- you're really doing a good thing for yourself!!

HI, Marla WELCOME:flowerforyou:

Because this is a thread on being proud..

What have you done today to make you feel proud? (dont forget to sing the song when you read the line!!)
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: Um.....I would like a strawberry dance please from AWTY....:sad: :sad:

I've never been able to post on here....it's hard for me to share the good things I've done....weird I guess..but for some reason I can't ....... so why can't I? any idea?? Cause I would like to get the strawberry dance but I know you can't get that special dance from AWTY unless you post something good you did....

WOW....as I reread that.....ok, that is a bit strange come to think of it, knowing I'm doing well, but can't type any of it in this thread?

FREAKY! Like ahhh HALLOWEEN FREAKY:noway:
    FlyingWitchnherblackcat.gif
    bwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwahahhahahah

Fitness Chick...You have so much to make you feel proud. You are sticking to a program,lost 134 pounds....wow, Each and EVERY day you come on these threads with a positive, non judgemental attitude and HELP people. You made me laugh when I was ready to explode, you disburse good info, and I think you welcome every new person coming on board!!!! You are AWESOME!!

So you get mr strawberry and mr banana doing the I love Fitnesschick dance, add your own music:heart:0002013F.gif
    00020087.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options

YEAH ... get yourself here for next Friday night!!! .... no wait, come on Thursday and we'll go tear up the Zumba class!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

And I am most definitely going to be wearing that pretty pink Polar F6 a lot ... even though pink doesn't go with a whole lot of my clothes .... hmmm...... :laugh: :laugh:

Can we go shopping to buy clothes that match our HRMs???
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Good job EVERYONE!

I walked 2 miles on a really sore foot. It's been sore for weeks and I cannot get it to heel. I tore a ligament BUT....I still did some walking!!

And I drank TONS of water!!

Majic, that is fantastic! I hope the doc said it was ok to be walking on it. I think the biggest part of staying with it is not making excuses. You did great!
    Mr mushroom says you ROCK!

00020092.gif