What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses. They really brighten my day.

It has been 10 days since I have seen movement on my scale, and I DONT care! Can you imagine?? Because of this site I understand it is a change of life (lol) not a diet.

Sooooooooooooooooo
    Today I feel proud that I am a stronger, healthier woman. I have muscles where I didn't before.

I feel happy.....and PROUD of who I am today.

Have a great day my MFP pals. I just luv you guys!:heart::heart: :smooched: :heart: :heart:

Awwwwwwwww....:smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: We love you too:love::flowerforyou: And not to worry I haven't seen much of a change on the scale either but my clothes are getting mighty loose...which means I'm getting stronger, firmer, and more DANGEROUS....:drinker: :smokin: :devil: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

And I'm stealin the smilie above to...I love it :bigsmile:

I did buy size 10 shorts this weekend....hmmmmm mr tape measure must come out of the closet!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I got out of bed at 4am and came to work:grumble: When I really wanted to call off and sleep alllllll day:smokin: :ohwell:

Oh....and I did a 20 minute TaeBo work out at 4:30 am :noway: :yawn: :tongue:

TaeBo at 4:30 :noway: :noway: :noway: Dude, you're crazy! :wink:

I'd say that's definite commitment and dedication to the new you! :drinker: You rock! :bigsmile:

Yeah, ummmmmm I only do the AM workout like once or twice a week...:yawn: They say in the end you have to switch up your routine...You should see me stumble when I do my jabs :tongue:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses. They really brighten my day.

It has been 10 days since I have seen movement on my scale, and I DONT care! Can you imagine?? Because of this site I understand it is a change of life (lol) not a diet.

Sooooooooooooooooo
    Today I feel proud that I am a stronger, healthier woman. I have muscles where I didn't before.

I feel happy.....and PROUD of who I am today.

Have a great day my MFP pals. I just luv you guys!:heart::heart: :smooched: :heart: :heart:

Awwwwwwwww....:smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: We love you too:love::flowerforyou: And not to worry I haven't seen much of a change on the scale either but my clothes are getting mighty loose...which means I'm getting stronger, firmer, and more DANGEROUS....:drinker: :smokin: :devil: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

And I'm stealin the smilie above to...I love it :bigsmile:

I did buy size 10 shorts this weekend....hmmmmm mr tape measure must come out of the closet!

:drinker: :drinker: :smooched:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Not much to feel proud of today...so I had to dig deep and think of something...

Today I took a stand at work, and even though it may make me unpopular and unliked at work, I know I did the right thing for me.

I am also proud that I finally joined the "Challenge for Bingers" thread...my binge STILL hasn't ended. You'd think that lucking out last week and losing 3 pounds after a week of overeating would convince me to get back on track this week, but it hasn't...I know in my head that I can't have those same results this week because there was no reason for me to have those kinds of results last week...but I just can't stop EATING! And it's not all day...just in the evenings. Tonight for dinner I had a Subway sub...I'd usually have half...tonight I had the whole thing...I had chips...which were fine...and then for no reason I had animal crackers, Mexican rice, hot chocolate, cheese, and Saltines...NO REASON! I don't even think it's TOM for me...so no excuse...ohmigosh that's embarrassing to look at...I have to get back on track, starting NOW!
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm proud to have stuck to my diet for another day.

One day at a time!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Good Morning you wonderful, beautiful people on the same journey.

How about just for today, we look at 1 thing that we have done that we are proud of.

Didnt exercise today BUT you drank all of your alloted water...YEAH

Went over on your calories BUT you did not have a soda pop all day....YEAH

Small changes lead to larger ones.

We all have something to be proud of, we are here....learning.....

Mine is simple. I have just filled my special Iced Tea Cup (32oz) with water:noway: , ice and lemon. I am very proud of this.

I will post more......

What have YOU done today to make you feel proud??????:flowerforyou:

I had a turkey on wheat with american cheese no mayo or oil- had it dry and it was good lol (usually I load my hoagies or subs whatever you call them with mayo and oil and vinegar but not today I wanted to cut some calories-- also I pushed myself to workout even though I am not in the best mood and I am sore and wanted nothing more than to go and hide under the covers but I did it--
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Not much to feel proud of today...so I had to dig deep and think of something...

Today I took a stand at work, and even though it may make me unpopular and unliked at work, I know I did the right thing for me.

I am also proud that I finally joined the "Challenge for Bingers" thread...my binge STILL hasn't ended. You'd think that lucking out last week and losing 3 pounds after a week of overeating would convince me to get back on track this week, but it hasn't...I know in my head that I can't have those same results this week because there was no reason for me to have those kinds of results last week...but I just can't stop EATING! And it's not all day...just in the evenings. Tonight for dinner I had a Subway sub...I'd usually have half...tonight I had the whole thing...I had chips...which were fine...and then for no reason I had animal crackers, Mexican rice, hot chocolate, cheese, and Saltines...NO REASON! I don't even think it's TOM for me...so no excuse...ohmigosh that's embarrassing to look at...I have to get back on track, starting NOW!

Sorry, but you have to look at it again. I think you should be proud that you are seeking to make change, and you are aware of your issues. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to correcting it!

I think you are wonderful, and I know you will get this under control! Maybe you body needs a break from low cal intake. That may be why you lost weight last week.
    00020161.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Good Morning you wonderful, beautiful people on the same journey.

How about just for today, we look at 1 thing that we have done that we are proud of.

Didnt exercise today BUT you drank all of your alloted water...YEAH

Went over on your calories BUT you did not have a soda pop all day....YEAH

Small changes lead to larger ones.

We all have something to be proud of, we are here....learning.....

Mine is simple. I have just filled my special Iced Tea Cup (32oz) with water:noway: , ice and lemon. I am very proud of this.

I will post more......

What have YOU done today to make you feel proud??????:flowerforyou:

I had a turkey on wheat with american cheese no mayo or oil- had it dry and it was good lol (usually I load my hoagies or subs whatever you call them with mayo and oil and vinegar but not today I wanted to cut some calories-- also I pushed myself to workout even though I am not in the best mood and I am sore and wanted nothing more than to go and hide under the covers but I did it--

Isnt strange and wonderful to taste the food we are eating, not just the condiments?!? That was a great step in the right direction.
    It is awesome you worked out when you didnt feel like it, do you feel better now? I am always glad I worked out....when it's over!!

Good for you! You get happy watermelon dance!!
    0002008A.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I'm proud to have stuck to my diet for another day.

One day at a time!

That is all it takes, One day at a time!

00020142.gif
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Sorry, but you have to look at it again. I think you should be proud that you are seeking to make change, and you are aware of your issues. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to correcting it!

I think you are wonderful, and I know you will get this under control! Maybe you body needs a break from low cal intake. That may be why you lost weight last week.
    00020161.gif

Thank you...you always know what to say to make me feel better...I just feel so hopeless right now...but I know I can get back on track tomorrow...I'm trying to plan my meals for tomorrow now...thanks again arewethereyet (what IS your real name? lol)
  • arewethereyet
    Options

00020161.gif

Thank you...you always know what to say to make me feel better...I just feel so hopeless right now...but I know I can get back on track tomorrow...I'm trying to plan my meals for tomorrow now...thanks again arewethereyet (what IS your real name? lol)

My name is Jeannie!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Good Friday Morning!

I am looking for my MFP pals who are proud today for their accomplishments!

000202BF.gif

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
    (cant help but hear the song in my head each time I type that!)

:heart: Jeannie
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so great!!! I have now made it three weeks, sticking to my goals!! I'll be even prouder if I bypass the junk food aisle today at the grocery store!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Everyone is doing so great!!! I have now made it three weeks, sticking to my goals!! I'll be even prouder if I bypass the junk food aisle today at the grocery store!!

IF you walk into the grocery store feeling proud you ave stuck to it for THREE WEEKS it will be much easier to purchase the good stuff.

I actually printed my starting weight, current weight, goal weight on a piece of paper for weeks when I went shopping. It put a visual right there....hey you REALLY wanna buy THAT??

Good going for 3 weeks. 1 more week and it is habit! Strawberry dance for YOU!

00020087.gif
  • disobedientmeek
    Options

3 weeks is awesome
    Im on my third day and it feels like months
    i want cream, chocolate, steak with prawns garlic sauce and chips, chocolate mudcake with heaps of cream, a banana milkshake with heaps of ice cream and a few very big bourbon and cokes mmm
    this is hard work!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

3 weeks is awesome
    i want cream, chocolate, steak with prawns garlic sauce and chips, chocolate mudcake with heaps of cream, a banana milkshake with heaps of ice cream and a few very big bourbon and cokes mmm
    this is hard work!

Lets turn that statement around, to a positive I Am Proud statement.

For 3 days you have resisted eating foods that are not good for you. You have chosen a healthier lifestyle, and have stuck to your goals for THREE WHOLE DAYS! No small feat my friend.

One day at a time!!! Your doing great!
    000200C1.gif
  • wynsdayschild
    Options

I did something very similar last night. Don't stress yourself over it! :flowerforyou: So often I've gotten excited about a big loose, over do it cuz I think "oh this won't hurt, Its just this once" and then get down on myself afterward. Of corse when I'm down on myself I want comfort, and what's comforting to me? Chocolate, and all kinds of other sugary starchy foods.
    We just have to get back on track. I've found that positive self talk helps me alot. I feel kinda silly doing it, even in my head, but its worth feeling a little silly to reprogram my brain to be more positive!:smile::smile: :smile:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options

IF you walk into the grocery store feeling proud you ave stuck to it for THREE WEEKS it will be much easier to purchase the good stuff.

I actually printed my starting weight, current weight, goal weight on a piece of paper for weeks when I went shopping. It put a visual right there....hey you REALLY wanna buy THAT??

00020087.gif
    Aaaah, I wish I had of read this before getting groceries lol!! That's alright though I'll treat it as a cheat day and move forward. Had a few treats, threw the rest in the garbage...proud of that haha!!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

3 weeks is awesome
    this is hard work!

Lets turn that statement around, to a positive I Am Proud statement.

For 3 days you have resisted eating foods that are not good for you. You have chosen a healthier lifestyle, and have stuck to your goals for THREE WHOLE DAYS! No small feat my friend.

One day at a time!!! Your doing great!
    000200C1.gif

Jeannie is right! ONE day at a time!! Trust us on this ... you will gradually start to feel better and you will actually CRAVE what is good for you and what is bad for you will kind of turn your stomach! Just hang in there & keep telling yourself that you deserve to be healthy! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

00020087.gif
    Aaaah, I wish I had of read this before getting groceries lol!! That's alright though I'll treat it as a cheat day and move forward. Had a few treats, threw the rest in the garbage...proud of that haha!!

Thats cool! You threw them away...yeah you:flowerforyou: