What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I know we have all done something this weekend that we are proud of. Dont think of the negatives......scratch them and substitute something good!

Went to Burger King, but didnt order fries or the soda? We all have to start somewhere!

Instead of that exercise video, you spent some fun time with your partner or children? Destressing and family time will help your health almost as much as losing weight.

Didnt go for you walk? But you corrected an issue that affected your health? GOOD FOR YOU!

There is always something to make you feel proud.

What have you done today to make you feel proud???

This weekend I chose not to get angry and ask for help instead. Surprise, I got some help!! :flowerforyou:
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I walked 18 miles on Saturday.....only grumbled on a couple of the hills ÜÜ:wink:
    Then came home and wanted to go take a nap (didnt hydrate enough :sad: ) but packed more boxes!!!
    Go ME!
    Great thread!!!
    Off for a very short walk....only 4 miles :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!

I am wearing a size smaller jeans! I am proud!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I walked 18 miles on Saturday.....only grumbled on a couple of the hills ÜÜ:wink:
    Then came home and wanted to go take a nap (didnt hydrate enough :sad: ) but packed more boxes!!!
    Go ME!
    Great thread!!!
    Off for a very short walk....only 4 miles :laugh:

Oh my goodness, I was updating my ticker and I have done 10 miles in 2 weeks! I better get on the ball here!!

That is so great! I prolly would have taken the nap ON the hill!!

GO YOU is right!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I love this thread!

I am wearing a size smaller jeans! I am proud!

Hip Hip (pun intended!) Hurray for smaller jeans!! :drinker:

Dont cha just love standing in front of the mirror saying "That is ME!!" :bigsmile:
  • wynsdayschild
    Options
    Today I jogged a little bit more than last night and I did it on the MAIN road...not concerned about people seeing me (okay I was a little concerned about what people would think if they saw me...but I didn't care as much as last night)

man laura, that is really great. believe me the peeps in the car are more worried why THEY arent jogging! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thank you thereyet! I continued to walk Friday and Saturday, and again this morning. I wasn't so good as far as my eating habits (I went home to see family, birthday parties and alcohol are alot of calories!), but I jumped back on the wagon again today.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Today I jogged a little bit more than last night and I did it on the MAIN road...not concerned about people seeing me (okay I was a little concerned about what people would think if they saw me...but I didn't care as much as last night)

man laura, that is really great. believe me the peeps in the car are more worried why THEY arent jogging! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thank you thereyet! I continued to walk Friday and Saturday, and again this morning. I wasn't so good as far as my eating habits (I went home to see family, birthday parties and alcohol are alot of calories!), but I jumped back on the wagon again today.

The point is, you were aware of your exercise and eating habits! YEAH YOU!!
    Sometimes we need to just let life happen, and enjoy. But walking, that is really fantastic!:flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I am proud to day because I didn't make excuses, and chose to exercise. I went to the beach at sunrise to take some photos, I want to send some 5x7s to my son. I was done and thinking about what a beautiful day it was.

I went all the way back to my car and thought...WHAT am I doing. I have a beautiful beach to walk on and am going home to use a video or elliptical??

So I put some coins in the meter for 45 minutes and started out. It really challenged me, using different muscles. (kinda like that gazelle did!)

So I am proud I didnt make an excuse, and just DID it!

Have a great weekend friends!:flowerforyou:

Hooray! Boootiful sunrise on the beach... And exercise too? Lucky lucky you! A few years ago, I did a bootcamp class, and we'd go to the beach. Would do lunges, then drag the back foot through the sand to a standing position... UGH! Will take a beautiful walk over that every day :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am proud to day because I didn't make excuses, and chose to exercise. I went to the beach at sunrise to take some photos, I want to send some 5x7s to my son. I was done and thinking about what a beautiful day it was.

I went all the way back to my car and thought...WHAT am I doing. I have a beautiful beach to walk on and am going home to use a video or elliptical??

So I put some coins in the meter for 45 minutes and started out. It really challenged me, using different muscles. (kinda like that gazelle did!)

Hooray! Boootiful sunrise on the beach... And exercise too? Lucky lucky you! A few years ago, I did a bootcamp class, and we'd go to the beach. Would do lunges, then drag the back foot through the sand to a standing position... UGH! Will take a beautiful walk over that every day :flowerforyou:

Hah!! That was what really got me moving. I passed a boot camp on my way to the car. They were doing sit ups in the sand....running....using a kettle bell. It was def inspiring.

What I do is criss cross the beach. It is sloped from all the hurricanes so it is uphill thru sand to the hotels, downhill to water, walk in the water, then up I go again. It was challenging, and fun!

On my way back I saw another lady I had passed doing the same thing. She looked at me sheepishly, like sorry I copied! I smiled and Yelled "We rule". There was a guy behind me and I didnt know until he belly laughed...then ran right by me...left in the dust again! LOL
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Oh yeah and 00020164.gif
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Today I forced myself to do one of my exercise DVDs that I haven't done in quite some time. I really let my exercise routine suffer because I have stopped burning as many calories as I once did and it's so frustrating. However, after taking a break and getting back into it today, I burned more calories that I had been (though still not as many as I did when I first started)...but I forced myself to do it, and for that I am proud...Plus, I am within my calories for today and have enough left for my pudding cup later...I am praying that I don't get the urge to binge later tonight, as I've been doing that a lot lately...so tonight...here's to ONE pudding cup and lots of water...NO binges!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Today I forced myself to do one of my exercise DVDs that I haven't done in quite some time. I really let my exercise routine suffer because I have stopped burning as many calories as I once did and it's so frustrating. However, after taking a break and getting back into it today, I burned more calories that I had been (though still not as many as I did when I first started)...but I forced myself to do it, and for that I am proud...Plus, I am within my calories for today and have enough left for my pudding cup later...I am praying that I don't get the urge to binge later tonight, as I've been doing that a lot lately...so tonight...here's to ONE pudding cup and lots of water...NO binges!

That is GREAT Laura!! It is discouraging when you dont burn as much, but remember: you are HEALTHIER this is why you dont burn as much! That is so cool!

Cheers to one pudding cup and LOTS of water!00020201.gif
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

Oh yeah and 00020164.gif

Wish it was hot here.... Highs were in the 40's. I need to clean my garage so I can get the car in. I hate having to scrape it, I never leave enough time, so I'm always running late! Daaarrrrgggghhh:grumble:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Ok, so I have had a crap couple of days taking care of my daughter who is sick and I did not exercise yesterday or today, BUT I did stay within my calories, ate extra fruit today instead of too much junk (I had enough extra calories for a FF pudding and FF coolwhip...yum) and I got in all my water. So....here's to something :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ok, so I have had a crap couple of days taking care of my daughter who is sick and I did not exercise yesterday or today, BUT I did stay within my calories, ate extra fruit today instead of too much junk (I had enough extra calories for a FF pudding and FF coolwhip...yum) and I got in all my water. So....here's to something :drinker:

Boy, I remember those days. Staying within your calories is really hard when your taking care of someone else. GREAT JOB!!!:flowerforyou:

Hope your baby feels better soon:sick:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hello! I hope everyone had a great day!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Today I made myself proud by getting back on track! I drank my water, logged my calories and did some crunches. I ate healthy allllll day :) lol it's been awhile since I have and I feel so accomplished!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Today I made myself proud by getting back on track! I drank my water, logged my calories and did some crunches. I ate healthy allllll day :) lol it's been awhile since I have and I feel so accomplished!

Staying on track is hard....getting BACK on track is harder! Good for you!!

0002020B.gif
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :) Hope you had a great day too :flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud because I stayed within my calories for the first time since last Friday...yeah...over a week...granted, the night is not over...but I am already tucked away in my bedroom, watching the Biggest Loser, with my pudding cups and my water next to me...so hopefully I won't have to leave my room at all anymore tonight which will keep me away from the kitchen and within my calories...I know I just need one day of being back on track to get me headed in the right direction again...afterall, it only took one splurge day to put me on the downward spiral of going over my calories...so here's to being successful and within my calories today!