What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thursday is a running day for me. We have had terrible fires here (Los Angeles) this week and the air quality is horrible. So I went to my gym and ran 5 miles on the treadmill- I hate running on the treadmill!! I find it very boring, no wind , no scenery and I am very clumsy and am sure I am going to fall any minute - but I did it anyway. Had to do the same on Tuesday as well for the same reason. I am starting to feel more comfortable on the machine - it will be good when (if) it is raining.

Thank God for indoor exercise!!! Good for you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    For me - I spent a little more time on this wedsite and learned alot of good info. Realized that I'm not alone in this journey and there is much support out there!! For today I've actually stayed under my calorie allowance, drink all my water (yuck!) and kickboxed for 60 minutes (it about killed me but I did it). Thanks to all of you out there for your info and support. We shall see what tomorrow holds.:happy:

:drinker: :drinker: Water is so good for you! Great job!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :sad: I just had a whole response typed up and I lost it! Ack!

This isn't the whole story, but for the sake of my sanity and unwillingness to retype everything I already typed...I will say that I am addicted to this thread and am sitting here having a hard time coming up with something to be proud of today...had a huge fight with my mom and brother *it's always me vs. them it seems* and had a mini binge on some leftover Chinese food that was in the fridge...but...and this is what I am proud of...instead of writing off the day as a free for all, I accounted for those extra calories and adjusted my dinner plans accordingly. I am within my calories for the day and even have more than enough left for my sugar free Jello pudding before bed.

How about you retyped your response after losing it! Takes patience!!:flowerforyou:

It is great you adjusted for the extra cals. I find myself exercising so I can have dinner on days like that. And I celebrate that....I am Proud that I have enough self control to do that ! Yeah US!!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    For me - I spent a little more time on this wedsite and learned alot of good info. Realized that I'm not alone in this journey and there is much support out there!! For today I've actually stayed under my calorie allowance, drink all my water (yuck!) and kickboxed for 60 minutes (it about killed me but I did it). Thanks to all of you out there for your info and support. We shall see what tomorrow holds.:happy:

Learning is the best way to lose weight. I swear, this is the first time I have ever kept with it, and it is all because of this site.

Good for you on the kickboxing...that is a really hard workout. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i had a vegan lunch. that was UNDER 400 calories. AND it was tasty.

I had my 1st vegan lunch last week....it was tasty! good for you! trying something new is always something to be proud of. and eating a whole meal for under 400...WOW:noway: :flowerforyou:

i had one veggie samosa and a cheese dosa. SOOOOOO yum!

and this means WHAT?:noway: :huh: :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samosa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dosa
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I had my 1st vegan lunch last week....it was tasty! good for you! trying something new is always something to be proud of. and eating a whole meal for under 400...WOW:noway: :flowerforyou:

Looked them up and they seem yummy!!
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    I had my body fat measured, and not as bad as thought, very cook, also told me of lean muscle
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I had my body fat measured, and not as bad as thought, very cook, also told me of lean muscle

Good for you! I really want to do this too, would love to know there is some 'muscle in this mass!!):heart:
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    So I'm in the Sexy in Six challenge and my weigh in day is actually wednesday but I couldn't help hopping on the scale this AM. I've been really good for the past few days and wanted to see if there had been any change at all. I would have been happy with half a pound....but to my surprise I jumped on and .....drum roll please....

2 POUNDS!
    2 POUNDS!
    2 POUNDS!

YEAY! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    So I'm in the Sexy in Six challenge and my weigh in day is actually wednesday but I couldn't help hopping on the scale this AM. I've been really good for the past few days and wanted to see if there had been any change at all. I would have been happy with half a pound....but to my surprise I jumped on and .....drum roll please....

2 POUNDS!
    2 POUNDS!
    2 POUNDS!

I have been using a friend today to show how I feel....Mr Banana thinks your the best!
    0002013F.gif
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options

2 POUNDS!
    2 POUNDS!
    2 POUNDS!

I have been using a friend today to show how I feel....Mr Banana thinks your the best!
    0002013F.gif

Banana Fo Me? Awww I thank you...and I just have to say...

Peanut Buttah Jelly Time....Peanut Buttah Jelly Time....Peanut Buttah Jelly ....Peanut Buttah Jelly......woo hoo :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

2 POUNDS!
    2 POUNDS!
    2 POUNDS!

0002013F.gif

Banana Fo Me? Awww I thank you...and I just have to say...

Peanut Buttah Jelly Time....Peanut Buttah Jelly Time....Peanut Buttah Jelly ....Peanut Buttah Jelly......woo hoo :bigsmile:

of course now peanuts song is replaced with this one!!
    pea nuuuuuuuuuuuuuut peanut butter...and jelly....god havent thought of that song in years. Ooops, now I want a PBJ!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Thank You M'Friend!:flowerforyou:
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am really proud of one thing today. I am getting stronger. I was on the gazelle for 45 minutes this morning and burnt a bunch more calories than ususal. I think that means I am getting faster, and still challenging myself. This is a great thread. Thanks :heart:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I was late getting to the gym today (dumb frosty car), and I missed the start of strong bodies class, which was packed and no room left for 'lil ol me. So, instead, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical, then 15 minutes of lifting on the machines, then 20 minutes on the rowing machine, then 15 minutes of lifting, then 20 minutes on the stairmaster, and a final 15 minutes of lifting. And instead of doing my usual two sets on each machine, I did 3, and on a few of the machines, I even bumped the weight up a bit!

Then, came home and did a small ab workout and stretched before eating.
    -Robin
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am really proud of one thing today. I am getting stronger. I was on the gazelle for 45 minutes this morning and burnt a bunch more calories than ususal. I think that means I am getting faster, and still challenging myself. This is a great thread. Thanks :heart:

That thing kicked my butt! Went to my friends and thought...peice of cake...NOT!

Good for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I was late getting to the gym today (dumb frosty car), and I missed the start of strong bodies class, which was packed and no room left for 'lil ol me. So, instead, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical, then 15 minutes of lifting on the machines, then 20 minutes on the rowing machine, then 15 minutes of lifting, then 20 minutes on the stairmaster, and a final 15 minutes of lifting. And instead of doing my usual two sets on each machine, I did 3, and on a few of the machines, I even bumped the weight up a bit!

Then, came home and did a small ab workout and stretched before eating.
    -Robin

Wow who are you Wonder Woman!?! That is one heck of a workout! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am proud to day because I didn't make excuses, and chose to exercise. I went to the beach at sunrise to take some photos, I want to send some 5x7s to my son. I was done and thinking about what a beautiful day it was.

I went all the way back to my car and thought...WHAT am I doing. I have a beautiful beach to walk on and am going home to use a video or elliptical??

So I put some coins in the meter for 45 minutes and started out. It really challenged me, using different muscles. (kinda like that gazelle did!)

So I am proud I didnt make an excuse, and just DID it!

Have a great weekend friends!:flowerforyou:
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was bored of my old workout dvds so I made up a workout of jogging up and down my stairs, jogging circles around my basement and doing jumping jacks, push ups and anything else I could come up with in between. I'm exhausted!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I was bored of my old workout dvds so I made up a workout of jogging up and down my stairs, jogging circles around my basement and doing jumping jacks, push ups and anything else I could come up with in between. I'm exhausted!

Hey, take a water break! That is cool, can I borrow it?!

My dh wont walk with me anymore because I start hopping, skipping, jumping from side to side...he walks too slow! lol