What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Oh BNL, if I were'nt already very happily married, and crazy in love with Ezzie.... :love:
    Anyways, today I did an extra 20 minutes on the rower when I was working out. Nuttin really big mind ya, but just knew I needed to burn off some more calories, and actually did sumpn bout it (instead of my usual :grumble: and :noway: then ignoring it, hehehe).
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Oh BNL, if I were'nt already very happily married, and crazy in love with Ezzie.... :love:
    Anyways, today I did an extra 20 minutes on the rower when I was working out. Nuttin really big mind ya, but just knew I needed to burn off some more calories, and actually did sumpn bout it (instead of my usual :grumble: and :noway: then ignoring it, hehehe).

Oh jamerz...you only love me for my cookies LOL
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Today, even though the fitness room in this hotel is NOT air conditioned, I did a full hour on the treadmill... ranging from 2 to 8 percent incline, and differing speeds. When I was done, I had sweat stains halfway down the front and back of my shirt! I always feel like it's a good workout when I get sweaty like that :tongue:

Then, tonight, DH wanted to go to the Macaroni Grill (am I right on the name?). All these delicious pastas and sauces, and I ordered the grilled chicken with grilled asparagus and steamed broccoli. I didn't feel super hungry, so I didn't eat it all. It seemed like such a waste, because we're driving home tomorrow, so I didn't box the leftovers up to go. Used to be, if something like that happened, I'd force myself to eat it, so it wasn't wasted. I'm learning. Slow curve, but I'm learning!
    -Robin
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    well-- here's an odd thing to be proud of-- I went to Applebee's for dinner-- enjoyed a lovely dinner of Fiesta Lime Chicken, and ate every bloomin' bite-- num num num-- and I don't feel guilty, because it's a "special" dinner. I enjoyed time with my dh, and loved my dinner. I'm way over my calories for the day if the database calorie count for the dinner is accurate, and don't have time to exercise tonight-- but, I'm enjoying it just the same--
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    again with the not caving to the hormone monster.... said no to cheese sunchips and chocolate covered peanuts...

Ok, I didn't really say no...I just didn't stop after my workout and glance at them....so YAY SUCCESS for yet another day of craving them....I WIN!:flowerforyou:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I was tired, and thought about skipping my workout.

I did it though, and it felt great!!
  • sherryboeding
    sherryboeding Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I walked tonight, although I had other things I would rather have done.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

000202B2.gif

Yep. I've always had menstrual migraines and this is one of them (with a touch of some kind of stomach thingie) ... I get them even in those silly perimenopausal months when I just have endless PMS.

WHOA...wait a second....someone else with endless PMS???? Oh say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so....oh actually I want to hear someone SAY IT's so......I wanna hear I'm not losing my mind and not the only one dealing with PMS symtoms every 3 days or so...lol ack

Ok, spill it....we're close in age...I wanted so bag to grab sunchips and chocolate covered peanuts after I left my workout tonight. BUT I didn't. YAY....my something good I did today for me!

Ohhhhh sheesh maybe I can do this group after all.....that was easy to spill.....lol

Seriously though (ok, well that WAS serious...and I am PROUD...my brain thought I wanted/NEEDED them bad...but I didn't...I'm still alive and feeling glad I didn't waste my money) I'm curious about this endless pms.....It seems like so often I'm dealing with up and downs in my mood...UGH

HELP.....what's to expect next? LOL

Hope you all are doing great today...er, um, well in my neighborhood it's now Tuesday here. :laugh:

I'm gonna start hangin with you GUYS...you're a fun bunch....nutty and fun, my kinda peeps:smooched:

NO chocolate covered peanuts AND Pms??You are a saint!
    You do have much to make you feel proud!
    0002015E.gif
    :smooched: thank you m'dear friend......you're always so supportive!!:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: YAY:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I walked tonight, although I had other things I would rather have done.
    AWESOME! How was it?:bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
    I am very proud - went away for the weekend (4 days) and LOST .2 pounds! Not easy when we were in a big group and meals included...McDonalds, Wendy's, Cracker Barrel, Perkins...

It was really hard and BORING food choices - I think I had grilled chicken every meal but I did it! I did go over 1 day on calories which was the "campfire cookout" and all there was were burgers chips potato salad, macaroni salad - I ate 1 burger-plain no mayo, tiny portion (less than 1/4 cup) of the salads and 1/2 a smore, no chips. I felt in control for once in my life!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I had enough calories leftover at the end of the day to eat one peanut butter cup but instead I ate an apple. (I even surprised myself with that one!)
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Ooh, ooh ... I have a lot I want to say but if I don't get my behind into the other room to Zumba around I'll end up only having burned 98 calories today since I gotta go out yet again this evening ... I shall return ...

Later my dears ....

:heart: :heart: :heart:

zooming around..hmmmmmmm how many calories burned?

Whew ... I ended up burning almost 500 calories (I think ... HRM isn't here yet! :cry: ) today, which is something new for me! I didn't Zumba, but I got on the ole elliptical and tried one of the 30 minute programs (which is MUCH n1qshok.gifn1qshok.gifn1qshok.gif harder than the 20 minute one I usually do!) and then I did an ab/core workout on the stability ball. So yeah dude, I feel pretty proud of all that exercise I did today! It's exciting to start to feel that little lift of energy when you can tell your fitness level is improving!! I dig it!

Woo hoo ... this thread has been busy since I left this afternoon ... YAY!!

All y'all (how southern can you get?) I am super proud of all of you guys (hehehe my Yankee roots still show!) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

a084.gifa084.gifa084.gif

I wanted to write notes for everybody ... but my adrenalin from a lotta working out has left me and I'm about to keel over!

Nitey nite luvs ... I think we all deserve a big kiss again ....

00020119.gif
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    No, tresa-- if your true yankee roots were showing it would be all of "youse guys."
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud because I was mixing up some cookie dough to bake tomorrow and send to my latest love interest...he is working on making some dietary lifestyle changes like I am, so I decided to use some healthier ingredients in these cookies (I mean, there's not a whole lot of ways you can make chocolate chip oatmeal peanut butter cookies healthy...but I made an effort)

I used whole wheat flour, and for the 1 cup of sugar, I used 1/2 cup sugar alternative and 1/2 cup organic natural sugar. I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make calorie wise, and I know baking has a lot of chemistry involved in it, so it might blow up the house when I bake these little guys tomorrow...or they might just end up being delicious and winning this guy over :tongue:

GREAT! How did they turn out?? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

HI JAMERZ!! great to see ya ol buddy!

I think you should feel proud. you are coming offfa being sick soooo extra work out is awesome. \
    Mr Banana wants to dance!

0002013F.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Today, even though the fitness room in this hotel is NOT air conditioned, I did a full hour on the treadmill... ranging from 2 to 8 percent incline, and differing speeds. When I was done, I had sweat stains halfway down the front and back of my shirt! I always feel like it's a good workout when I get sweaty like that :tongue:

Then, tonight, DH wanted to go to the Macaroni Grill (am I right on the name?). All these delicious pastas and sauces, and I ordered the grilled chicken with grilled asparagus and steamed broccoli. I didn't feel super hungry, so I didn't eat it all. It seemed like such a waste, because we're driving home tomorrow, so I didn't box the leftovers up to go. Used to be, if something like that happened, I'd force myself to eat it, so it wasn't wasted. I'm learning. Slow curve, but I'm learning!
    -Robin

Robin that is so good. I know how hard it is to work out in a new place, can be uncomfortable. SWEAT RULES!! Also changing you entire thought process on food...WOW
    0002013F.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    well-- here's an odd thing to be proud of-- I went to Applebee's for dinner-- enjoyed a lovely dinner of Fiesta Lime Chicken, and ate every bloomin' bite-- num num num-- and I don't feel guilty, because it's a "special" dinner. I enjoyed time with my dh, and loved my dinner. I'm way over my calories for the day if the database calorie count for the dinner is accurate, and don't have time to exercise tonight-- but, I'm enjoying it just the same--

As a mom of 3 I know you must have 3x the guilt I had, just going out with your DH! I am proud of you for having a great time with your love! and NOT feeling guilty!

00020239.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    again with the not caving to the hormone monster.... said no to cheese sunchips and chocolate covered peanuts...

Ok, I didn't really say no...I just didn't stop after my workout and glance at them....so YAY SUCCESS for yet another day of craving them....I WIN!:flowerforyou:

You are a winner! Seems like you have the gloves on now...Take THAT PMS monster!
    00020059.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options

HI!! Great to see ya! Love the new picture!

Boy, you must feel really proud, its so hard to choose between the sofa and the durn DVD!!
    0002008A.gif