What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Today, as I was driving into town to pick up the 15 year old from swim team practice, I saw a mini van at the side of the highway. A little white haired lady got out and was looking at the side and under her van. I got out with my cell phone, thinking that if she needed help changing her tire, I probably wouldn't be able to do much but call someone else. She said it sounded like something was dragging under her van, so I got down on the road and looked, (praying the whole time that nobody would run over me) and dragged a big huge stick out from under there. It was hung up on some pipe or something under there, so it took some working, but she was so thankful.... She followed me up the highway, and as I was turning off, she beeped and waved. Good feeling to help someone. I almost always stop (although I'm less likely to get out if it's a guy--I just holler from my window if they need me to call someone), because I figure karma will come around some day and save me when I'm stuck.
    -Robin

Awesome story...way to pay it forward...thanks for sharing!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah - I almost forgot I went to Walmart to pick up some meds for my daughter who has strep - while waiting the older lady in front of us only had $9 for her med and needed $10.41.....

well funny thing about a month ago at our church, our preacher told us of selfless acts helping people in need and someone fronted $5 bills for anyone from any of our 3 services to keep and he said that God will put someone in your path - well the lady at walmart was my someone - I paid the rest of her prescription so she didn't have to spend any more of her money. She doesn't know that I/my church/GOD paid it - they just told her it was taken care of.....very cool thing!!!
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    I did 12 minutes on my orbitrec instead of 10
    i did have quite a few [4-5 second] breaks in between because im so unfit but at least i did it
    im proud !:blushing: :blushing:
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    Today I'm proud because I stayed within my calories for the first time since last Friday...yeah...over a week...granted, the night is not over...but I am already tucked away in my bedroom, watching the Biggest Loser, with my pudding cups and my water next to me...so hopefully I won't have to leave my room at all anymore tonight which will keep me away from the kitchen and within my calories...I know I just need one day of being back on track to get me headed in the right direction again...afterall, it only took one splurge day to put me on the downward spiral of going over my calories...so here's to being successful and within my calories today!

good for you!! lets take it one day at a time!
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    Great thread!

I made my kids chocolate pudding for dessert... I only licked the spoon :tongue:

you are strong!!
    I would have eaten the whole lot and the kids would go without!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Today, as I was driving into town to pick up the 15 year old from swim team practice, I saw a mini van at the side of the highway. A little white haired lady got out and was looking at the side and under her van. I got out with my cell phone, thinking that if she needed help changing her tire, I probably wouldn't be able to do much but call someone else. She said it sounded like something was dragging under her van, so I got down on the road and looked, (praying the whole time that nobody would run over me) and dragged a big huge stick out from under there. It was hung up on some pipe or something under there, so it took some working, but she was so thankful.... She followed me up the highway, and as I was turning off, she beeped and waved. Good feeling to help someone. I almost always stop (although I'm less likely to get out if it's a guy--I just holler from my window if they need me to call someone), because I figure karma will come around some day and save me when I'm stuck.
    -Robin

Aww Robin you were someone's angel today. So much to feel proud about.
    0002015E.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I did 12 minutes on my orbitrec instead of 10
    i did have quite a few [4-5 second] breaks in between because im so unfit but at least i did it
    im proud !:blushing: :blushing:

Hey...you did GREAT!! Just that you started was wonderful, but now you are getting stronger and going longer...WOW! Good for you. Pretty soon you will be saying "Oh Arewethereyet, you only did 45 minutes?"

00020165.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh yeah - I almost forgot I went to Walmart to pick up some meds for my daughter who has strep - while waiting the older lady in front of us only had $9 for her med and needed $10.41.....

well funny thing about a month ago at our church, our preacher told us of selfless acts helping people in need and someone fronted $5 bills for anyone from any of our 3 services to keep and he said that God will put someone in your path - well the lady at walmart was my someone - I paid the rest of her prescription so she didn't have to spend any more of her money. She doesn't know that I/my church/GOD paid it - they just told her it was taken care of.....very cool thing!!!

I am breaking out the big guy for you and anyone that helps someone else.
    This is what I think GOD looks like when we do something like this:

00020071.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Well today - I controlled how much I ate from take out chinese but even so I was over on my calories so instead of saying oh well - I worked out on my Wii Fit for 30 minutes! Brought me back down.

If you were here, I would hug you! It is so great you are changing your entire thought process on food. You dont need an entire pint of lomein to satisfy you, you need more WIi Fit!!

Good for you! You get the good choice award:
    00020265.gif
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I got out of bed at 4am and came to work:grumble: When I really wanted to call off and sleep alllllll day:smokin: :ohwell:

Oh....and I did a 20 minute TaeBo work out at 4:30 am :noway: :yawn: :tongue:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

You would have to kick MY BUTT to get me awake that early never mind the thoughts of getting up and doing TaeBo! You go girl!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I got out of bed at 4am and came to work:grumble: When I really wanted to call off and sleep alllllll day:smokin: :ohwell:

Going to work when you dont want to $9 an hour, working out before you go pricless!!

You go girl! (uh, showing my age again) 3 snaps for you!!

Whaaaaa Paaaaaa!
    0002014E.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses. They really brighten my day.

It has been 10 days since I have seen movement on my scale, and I DONT care! Can you imagine?? Because of this site I understand it is a change of life (lol) not a diet.

Sooooooooooooooooo
    Today I feel proud that I am a stronger, healthier woman. I have muscles where I didn't before.

I feel happy.....and PROUD of who I am today.

Have a great day my MFP pals. I just luv you guys!:heart::heart: :smooched: :heart: :heart:
  • kellch
    Options

It has been 10 days since I have seen movement on my scale, and I DONT care! Can you imagine?? Because of this site I understand it is a change of life (lol) not a diet.

Sooooooooooooooooo
    Today I feel proud that I am a stronger, healthier woman. I have muscles where I didn't before.

Have a great day my MFP pals. I just luv you guys!:heart::heart: :smooched: :heart: :heart:

Awwwwwwwww....:smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: We love you too:love::flowerforyou: And not to worry I haven't seen much of a change on the scale either but my clothes are getting mighty loose...which means I'm getting stronger, firmer, and more DANGEROUS....:drinker: :smokin: :devil: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

And I'm stealin the smilie above to...I love it :bigsmile:
  • kellch
    Options

Going to work when you dont want to $9 an hour, working out before you go pricless!!

You go girl! (uh, showing my age again) 3 snaps for you!!

Whaaaaa Paaaaaa!
    0002014E.gif

I'm not even hourly..:sad: :sad: :sad: I'm salary :grumble: That's why I'm scheduled to work 50 hours a week and end up working 60 :frown: They don't have to pay OT :angry: :happy: :laugh: Oh well I'm just happy to have a job.:drinker:

pssssst.....TaeBo at 4:30 AM is NOT fun...But I feel good now :bigsmile:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

TaeBo at 4:30 :noway: :noway: :noway: Dude, you're crazy! :wink:

I'd say that's definite commitment and dedication to the new you! :drinker: You rock! :bigsmile:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

Sooooooooooooooooo

That's inspiring!:flowerforyou:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of everybody! YAY us!! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Today I ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant and got a salad with chicken on it. When it came out covered in cheese (that the menu didn't mention!!) I knocked a whole bunch of it off, and didn't eat the whole thing because I got full. I ate 2 chips and no more.

And then I came home and did my Zumba dvd for the first time!!

It was a good day....

Oh MY you WERE a good girl today! Isnt it great we dont use the excuse...well they brought to me, cant waste it!....any longer?

I have to go to zumba. I just found one right down the street for 10bucks! They also teach salsa and I may sign up for that again.

Let me know how the zumba dvd is, I may buy it!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I think you'd LOVE Zumba ... it is a blast! Our class is probably not as fun as some because, well, I'm one of the younger ones (!!) and nobody lets go and whoops & hollers much. Hehehe ... but the music is hot and we're even HOTTER. Mwahahaha.... dance.gifdance.gifdance.gif

The dvd is ok ... you kinda miss the interaction of the class, and it's a bit odd. The beginner one doesn't have any instruction on it. You can look at it two ways ... one with just the little guy (Beto, I think is his name) dancing solo, but he never says a word (doesn't speak English), and you can also do the same routine with a video of an actual class, but again you have to pick it up just by watching them because they don't teach the steps. Then on the advanced one they actually TEACH you how to do the steps. So that seems a little bit backwards to me, but it's still fun to do. It's available new on ebay for about 30 bucks, so I'd definitely get it there.

I'm going to my zumba class tonight! Yay!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I'm so proud of everybody! YAY us!! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Today I ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant and got a salad with chicken on it. When it came out covered in cheese (that the menu didn't mention!!) I knocked a whole bunch of it off, and didn't eat the whole thing because I got full. I ate 2 chips and no more.

And then I came home and did my Zumba dvd for the first time!!

It was a good day....

Oh MY you WERE a good girl today! Isnt it great we dont use the excuse...well they brought to me, cant waste it!....any longer?

I have to go to zumba. I just found one right down the street for 10bucks! They also teach salsa and I may sign up for that again.

Let me know how the zumba dvd is, I may buy it!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I think you'd LOVE Zumba ... it is a blast! Our class is probably not as fun as some because, well, I'm one of the younger ones (!!) and nobody lets go and whoops & hollers much. Hehehe ... but the music is hot and we're even HOTTER. Mwahahaha.... dance.gifdance.gifdance.gif

The dvd is ok ... you kinda miss the interaction of the class, and it's a bit odd. The beginner one doesn't have any instruction on it. You can look at it two ways ... one with just the little guy (Beto, I think is his name) dancing solo, but he never says a word (doesn't speak English), and you can also do the same routine with a video of an actual class, but again you have to pick it up just by watching them because they don't teach the steps. Then on the advanced one they actually TEACH you how to do the steps. So that seems a little bit backwards to me, but it's still fun to do. It's available new on ebay for about 30 bucks, so I'd definitely get it there.

I'm going to my zumba class tonight! Yay!!

Zumba is tonite at 7. I really want to go....I will let you know if I went and how it goes if I do. I dont go to any scheduled exercise, so I forget...then look up and it is 7 and I missed the class!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Sooooooooooooooooo

That's inspiring!:flowerforyou:

Thanks Soup! What is your proud moment?