What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Well, I hit the 40 pound mark this weekend...so to celebrate today I got a pedicure...and now my toenails are HOT PINK...cause I feel HOT!

But today I am proud because I just took my dog for a short walk and I did little spurts of running. Now this probably doesn't sound all that impressive...but three months ago, slow walking wore me out...tonight for the first time I did little 15-20 second intervals of all out running. I felt kind of awkward and hope no one saw me...but I am so proud of myself for making myself run a little. At some points I felt like I was dragging my dog behind me! I know I wasn't going fast, but I have hit an exercise plateau and needed to stir things up a bit...tonight I feel like I got my exercise groove back!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Laura that is FANTASTIC!!!

I do know how hard it is to jog. Once you get past the embarrasment and realize NO ONE CARES then you have to convince your body it can actually do it!

I am very proud of you on both fronts.

I am proud today because I have stayed within my allotted calories. I did not turn the chicken wings I ate last night into a free for all. Yea! US!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I am proud today because I have stayed within my allotted calories. I did not turn the chicken wings I ate last night into a free for all. Yea! US!

Ahh awesome job...I went over my calories by about 100 or so that I calculated...but I just saw an online article that said that edamame is 189 calories for a cup or something like that...I thought it was a vegetable so we had it with dinner tonight...and I wasn't in any big hurry to log it because I thought it was low cal like a vegetable! EEP! So I guess I'm really over my calories by like 289...but I ran today! Yay us!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    Well, I hit the 40 pound mark this weekend...so to celebrate today I got a pedicure...and now my toenails are HOT PINK...cause I feel HOT!

But today I am proud because I just took my dog for a short walk and I did little spurts of running. Now this probably doesn't sound all that impressive...but three months ago, slow walking wore me out...tonight for the first time I did little 15-20 second intervals of all out running. I felt kind of awkward and hope no one saw me...but I am so proud of myself for making myself run a little. At some points I felt like I was dragging my dog behind me! I know I wasn't going fast, but I have hit an exercise plateau and needed to stir things up a bit...tonight I feel like I got my exercise groove back!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    i'm gonna ACTUALLY take the jump rope out of its box.

AND use it.

just because i am usually the monkey that messes stuff up for the team so they don't have to learn the hard way, let me JUST tell you, either i am broken at Jump Rope... or it really just doesn't work well on carpet.

it reminds me of Bloo on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends with that paddle ball. "it's broken"

41yl0vLs2IL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

LOL!!! I dont think Jumpin on carpet is a good idea. I went out front...neighbors came out and drank a can of beer. guess I was entertainment for them...hehe

they were waiting to see what you'd do next?:noway: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    00020071.gif

too much? Sorry, I am in a good mood today.

000201E4.gif

you have really WHITE teeth and PINK gums....good job keepin those teeth lookin mighty fine!:bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Good Morning you wonderful, beautiful people on the same journey.

How about just for today, we look at 1 thing that we have done that we are proud of.

Didnt exercise today BUT you drank all of your alloted water...YEAH

Went over on your calories BUT you did not have a soda pop all day....YEAH

Small changes lead to larger ones.

We all have something to be proud of, we are here....learning.....

Mine is simple. I have just filled my special Iced Tea Cup (32oz) with water:noway: , ice and lemon. I am very proud of this.

I will post more......

What have YOU done today to make you feel proud??????:flowerforyou:
    but um, did you drink it?:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I did the 30 minute shred by Jillian Michaels and I've drank 32 oz of water already today (it's just after 9am eastern)
    so what do ya think of it so far? I just bought a copy....opened up the shrink plastic....so far so good....I'll be trying it out soon.......I need to get some weight though...or some soup!:yawn:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I tutored again today! But instead of just two people...

TWENTY-TWO PEOPLE showed up!

They all filed into the library, and said, "Are you ready, Prof. Gabrielle?" :noway:

I was SO nervous at first lol...they literally handed me a whiteboard and markers and pushed the tables together and started asking questions. I taught from 8-9:40. It was SO AWESOME. I love teaching!! Too bad I'm not getting paid yet haha :laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I finished a gallon of water (two days in a row)...:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Good Morning you wonderful, beautiful people on the same journey.

How about just for today, we look at 1 thing that we have done that we are proud of.

Didnt exercise today BUT you drank all of your alloted water...YEAH

Went over on your calories BUT you did not have a soda pop all day....YEAH

Small changes lead to larger ones.

We all have something to be proud of, we are here....learning.....

Mine is simple. I have just filled my special Iced Tea Cup (32oz) with water:noway: , ice and lemon. I am very proud of this.

I will post more......

What have YOU done today to make you feel proud??????:flowerforyou:
    but um, did you drink it?:bigsmile: :drinker:

Yes I did. And I refilled it 2 x with lemon water. I found out I like just as much as Iced tea!!! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I tutored again today! But instead of just two people...

TWENTY-TWO PEOPLE showed up!

They all filed into the library, and said, "Are you ready, Prof. Gabrielle?" :noway:

I was SO nervous at first lol...they literally handed me a whiteboard and markers and pushed the tables together and started asking questions. I taught from 8-9:40. It was SO AWESOME. I love teaching!! Too bad I'm not getting paid yet haha :laugh:

OMG! Good thing you are a strong, confident woman!! I bet you ROCKED that class!! I am so proud of you! :flowerforyou: :love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I finished a gallon of water (two days in a row)...:drinker:

my the looks of things this is really working for ya!! I bet it isnt the softness you kids miss, it is you cuz youse in the bathroom all the time!!

great job!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    I stepped on the scale this morning....and to my surprise...it still hasnt moved!:explode: But after the fall of the scale..despite the evil scale andbeing sick, i took a glance in the mirror and i was shocked!! :noway: WOW!! look at my tummy! its the flattest its ever been!:drinker: For the first time on this journey to change for a better life, i had made a positive comment instead of looking for a negative.
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Today I am sorting through some emotional issues that have gotten me down and tripped up my attempt at being healthy. It will not all be solved today, but it took some courage to really open up and look at things for what they are. As we all struggle and succeed on this journey to a healthy lifestyle, I think it is important for us to keep track of our emotional weight as much as our physical weight.

Many blessings to everyone and continued success!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, I've loved reading everyone's accomplishments! Today, even though I am STARVING, (yes capital S, capital T, capital... you get the idea), I am not binging on the chips and cheetos in the cupboard.

And, I donated blood at the hospital today. I saved a life today... or so they told me
    -Robin
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Ummmmmmmmmmmm......Let's see....

I haven't said anything inappropriate yet today :devil: :bigsmile: :drinker: :laugh: :wink: :tongue:

I only had one piece of pizza at our meeting during lunch today (they provided pizza but we had to work thru the lunch :grumble: ) I was going to go back for more....But I stopped myself...:drinker:

My snack was an apple...And for breakfast, I had a granola bar.:bigsmile:

I am going to do my 55 minute TaeBo workout tonight, walk the dog (2 miles), and eat a light dinner to make up for that piece of pizza. :ohwell:

Ummmmmmmmmm....I got cussed out by an employee's mom :drinker: :laugh: This guy used to be my driver. Drove a commercial vehicle to the strip club, got in a fight with his co-driver (a fist fight), the co-driver drove off in the truck, drunk:drinker: :noway: And we fired them both. We recovered the truck and put their stuff in storage. Welllllll...two weeks later they drive 4 hours here from their house to get their stuff and there is a cd or two missing and his mother starts screaming at us (cussing) telling us we're all a bunch of f@#$^@#$ a!@#$!@ and on and on....(typical Jerry Springer type person...Oh yea!) And decided to blame this all on us......UMMMMMMMMMMMM......HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO....is it our fault your son got drunk and fought and then drove a commercial vehicle? :noway: Give me a break lady!!! :angry: Geeeshhhh......But MY POINT.....I didn't let it get to me, I bit my tongue, didn't argue back, smiled and said "have a nice day and good luck to you in the future sir" :laugh: When what I really wanted to say was: @#^#$&$^&*)(*&(%$#&^%$&*^%$^%$*^%#$@#$#!@$%#@ lady! :bigsmile: :devil: :laugh: But I was a good girl. Then after they left I laughed so hard I cried...:laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :tongue: :noway:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    OMG, Kellch! I'm proud of you, too! I would have laid into that lady! I don't handle cussing & yelling people very well. :blushing:

Everyone is doing so well!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    OMG, Kellch! I'm proud of you, too! I would have laid into that lady! I don't handle cussing & yelling people very well. :blushing:

Everyone is doing so well!

Oh trust me!!!! I wanted to cuss that @#$%@ out. BUT....with my fiance getting laid off in December, I need to keep my job...:laugh:
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Today I weighted in and seen I lost 3.5 pounds this week