What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I walked tonight, although I had other things I would rather have done.

HEY SHERI!!

That is great! Good motivation for me to get up off this chair!

00020087.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I had enough calories leftover at the end of the day to eat one peanut butter cup but instead I ate an apple. (I even surprised myself with that one!)

Ok, what is your secret....cuz that pbcup would be HIStory with me!!

Great job, healthy choices make healthy bodies!!
    0002008B.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ooh, ooh ... I have a lot I want to say but if I don't get my behind into the other room to Zumba around I'll end up only having burned 98 calories today since I gotta go out yet again this evening ... I shall return ...

Later my dears ....

:heart: :heart: :heart:

zooming around..hmmmmmmm how many calories burned?

Whew ... I ended up burning almost 500 calories (I think ... HRM isn't here yet! :cry: ) today, which is something new for me! I didn't Zumba, but I got on the ole elliptical and tried one of the 30 minute programs (which is MUCH n1qshok.gifn1qshok.gifn1qshok.gif harder than the 20 minute one I usually do!) and then I did an ab/core workout on the stability ball. So yeah dude, I feel pretty proud of all that exercise I did today! It's exciting to start to feel that little lift of energy when you can tell your fitness level is improving!! I dig it!

Woo hoo ... this thread has been busy since I left this afternoon ... YAY!!

All y'all (how southern can you get?) I am super proud of all of you guys (hehehe my Yankee roots still show!) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

a084.gifa084.gifa084.gif

I wanted to write notes for everybody ... but my adrenalin from a lotta working out has left me and I'm about to keel over!

Nitey nite luvs ... I think we all deserve a big kiss again ....

00020119.gif

LOVE it ! You are such an upper for me! Now that was a LOT of workng out. Bet youse is gonna sleep well tonight!
    this reminded me of Zumba!
    0002014D.gif
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Instead of going back to sleep after my daughter's am feeding, I dragged myself out of bed and walked on the treadmill for half an hour. While I was getting dressed and tying my shoes, I kept thinking, "I don't need to do this. I really need to go back to sleep." But I did it anyway and afterwards, I feel really good.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I hope I got everyone! I love this thread 1st thing in the morning. Y'all are so encourageing and brighten my day!

I am so thankful of this site, and proud to call youse my on-line Friends!

Kisses!
    000200C0.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh, and I am proud because last night I went to walk/jog. When I got about a 1/8 mile in a always start to jog. When I did my shins were very painful. Now, the old me would have said forget it, gotten in my car,driven home, and eaten some icecream.

Instead I stopped, stretched, adjusted my foot work and speed until I did not feel the pain, and walked for 45 minutes!

Yeah me!:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I am proud because last night I went to walk/jog. When I got about a 1/8 mile in a always start to jog. When I did my shins were very painful. Now, the old me would have said forget it, gotten in my car,driven home, and eaten some icecream.

Instead I stopped, stretched, adjusted my foot work and speed until I did not feel the pain, and walked for 45 minutes!

That's wonderful-- yes, yeah, you! You're an absolute dear--
    :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

That's wonderful-- yes, yeah, you! You're an absolute dear--
    :flowerforyou:

Thanks Marla!:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for not yelling at my 3yo when he very much on purpose dumped our dogs' water dish in the middle of the kitchen floor...then splashed in it...then showed his brother how to splash in it...:grumble:

I'm also proud of myself for sticking to the no sweets until Thanksgiving challenge. Woo!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Instead of going back to sleep after my daughter's am feeding, I dragged myself out of bed and walked on the treadmill for half an hour. While I was getting dressed and tying my shoes, I kept thinking, "I don't need to do this. I really need to go back to sleep." But I did it anyway and afterwards, I feel really good.

Now THAT is some dedication! I'm proud of you!!

I remember those zombie days when my babies kept me awake all hours. You should definitely be proud! And you should definitely take a nap when your sweet baby takes one, too ...

:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for not yelling at my 3yo when he very much on purpose dumped our dogs' water dish in the middle of the kitchen floor...then splashed in it...then showed his brother how to splash in it...:grumble:

I'm also proud of myself for sticking to the no sweets until Thanksgiving challenge. Woo!

GOOD for you! I know it seems impossible now, but you're going to blink a couple of times and those little guys are going to be headed off to college or to work or bringing home a fiancee ...

And yay you for sticking with the no sweets!

0002024B.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options
    No, tresa-- if your true yankee roots were showing it would be all of "youse guys."

Hahaha ... very true! I'm from Southern Indiana originally, so I'm only TECHNICALLY a Yankee.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • margerbera
    Options
    Join this group to improve myself and my weight!!! YeeeHaaa!!!!
  • eLLe2008
    eLLe2008 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I worked out for an hour & burned 1300 calories. :)
    Now if only I could find a happy medium where I'm not getting too many/too few calories for intake per day! Aghh...

DanieLLe
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Ooh, ooh ... I have a lot I want to say but if I don't get my behind into the other room to Zumba around I'll end up only having burned 98 calories today since I gotta go out yet again this evening ... I shall return ...

Later my dears ....

:heart: :heart: :heart:

zooming around..hmmmmmmm how many calories burned?

Whew ... I ended up burning almost 500 calories (I think ... HRM isn't here yet! :cry: ) today, which is something new for me! I didn't Zumba, but I got on the ole elliptical and tried one of the 30 minute programs (which is MUCH n1qshok.gifn1qshok.gifn1qshok.gif harder than the 20 minute one I usually do!) and then I did an ab/core workout on the stability ball. So yeah dude, I feel pretty proud of all that exercise I did today! It's exciting to start to feel that little lift of energy when you can tell your fitness level is improving!! I dig it!

Woo hoo ... this thread has been busy since I left this afternoon ... YAY!!

All y'all (how southern can you get?) I am super proud of all of you guys (hehehe my Yankee roots still show!) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

a084.gifa084.gifa084.gif

I wanted to write notes for everybody ... but my adrenalin from a lotta working out has left me and I'm about to keel over!

Nitey nite luvs ... I think we all deserve a big kiss again ....

00020119.gif

LOVE it ! You are such an upper for me! Now that was a LOT of workng out. Bet youse is gonna sleep well tonight!
    this reminded me of Zumba!
    0002014D.gif

Huh ... I just lost a post somewhere ... I wonder where it went??

Oh well ... Jeannie, I'm so proud of you ... of all your success and diligence ... you make me smile every time I read a post of yours! You are a great encouragement to many people!

00020071.gif

Youse guys are all awesome and I'm so glad & thankful for all the encouragement and motivation I get from y'all!

woohoonaner2gy.gifwoohoonaner2gy.gifwoohoonaner2gy.gif

And that little guy reminded me of Zumba when I saw it too! ... have you gotten to go yet?? :happy:

Now ... I gots to go to WalMart. Good times.....
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Awesome awesome! You are doing such an amazing job!

I am off to bake those cookies that I mixed up last night...I will have to taste one to make sure they are edible before I send them to the new guy...but...I am going to control myself...AND I just got home from a little walk (this is a huge accomplishment because it is Day 1 of TOM and I am off the pill for the first time in years so I am "uncomfortable" to say the least with cramps)...I took a half hour walk and when I saw that I was having trouble keeping my heart rate up going as fast as I could go, I started marching and swinging my legs out to get my heart rate up...it was fun, it burned more calories than a normal walk does (still a pitiful little number though), I am feeling much better (no more cramps or headache) and the walk seems to have loosened up my muscles and make the soreness from the yoga/pilates adventure go away...like Leslie Sansone says, walking really IS man's best medicine!

So here's to baking those cookies...they won't be a temptation once they are baked...but oh my the cookie dough!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Awesome awesome! You are doing such an amazing job!

I am off to bake those cookies that I mixed up last night...I will have to taste one to make sure they are edible before I send them to the new guy...but...I am going to control myself...AND I just got home from a little walk (this is a huge accomplishment because it is Day 1 of TOM and I am off the pill for the first time in years so I am "uncomfortable" to say the least with cramps)...I took a half hour walk and when I saw that I was having trouble keeping my heart rate up going as fast as I could go, I started marching and swinging my legs out to get my heart rate up...it was fun, it burned more calories than a normal walk does (still a pitiful little number though), I am feeling much better (no more cramps or headache) and the walk seems to have loosened up my muscles and make the soreness from the yoga/pilates adventure go away...like Leslie Sansone says, walking really IS man's best medicine!

So here's to baking those cookies...they won't be a temptation once they are baked...but oh my the cookie dough!

Laura, I am proud of you girlfriend. Of all of us actually. I love to look silly walking. I swing my hips and HR goes up, add my arms, up another 5 points, smile back at the lil ol lady who is skeered of me and get 5 more points!!:devil:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I worked out for an hour & burned 1300 calories. :)
    Now if only I could find a happy medium where I'm not getting too many/too few calories for intake per day! Aghh...

DanieLLe

Great, you wuz kicking butt eLLe!!! Now dont go eating a whole pizza for those cals!

A flower for you!

00020167.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Join this group to improve myself and my weight!!! YeeeHaaa!!!!

Merger....I am proud of you for joining the coolest group around!

You have so much to be proud of!

Arrrrrrrrrr welcome aboard!
    00020298.gif
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

GOOD for you! I know it seems impossible now, but you're going to blink a couple of times and those little guys are going to be headed off to college or to work or bringing home a fiancee ...

And yay you for sticking with the no sweets!

0002024B.gif

I'm trying to be more conscious of my "battles" with them. I'm so type A sometimes that it gets in the way of raising little ones & I over react to stupid stuff. Thank you!