What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Even though it was frigid and snowing out last night I still went for my 6 km walk! I just had to bundle up warm - but I think I was the only person out on the sidewalks last night! :laugh:

I wonder if you burn more calories when your shivering?!?

Great Job!
    Hope you got your heartrate up!
    00020144.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    40 minutes of rigorous calistentics (burpees, suicides, pushups diamonds and wide arms mind you, crunches, flutter kicks you get the point)

And a wonderful 4 mile run

WOW! And I was going to brag I am up to 47 push ups!~~~~~~~~~~~backs out of the door~~~~~

Skully, it is great to see you! Whew you must be exhausted!
    00020074.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    40 minutes of rigorous calistentics (burpees, suicides, pushups diamonds and wide arms mind you, crunches, flutter kicks you get the point)

And a wonderful 4 mile run

WOW! And I was going to brag I am up to 47 push ups!~~~~~~~~~~~backs out of the door~~~~~

Skully, it is great to see you! Whew you must be exhausted!
    00020074.gif

I am so sorry....you truly deserve Mr banana dance!
    0002013F.gif
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    I love this thread.

Today I logged my food. I had slipped away, now I'm trying to pay attention again. But I do most of it in my head - it's a good skill to have, and I feel reassured that I haven't lost the ability!

Logging = vegetables :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I love this thread.

Today I logged my food. I had slipped away, now I'm trying to pay attention again. But I do most of it in my head - it's a good skill to have, and I feel reassured that I haven't lost the ability!

Good Going! I think you MUST have a dancing vegetable, dont you!!
    This is the way we log, we log, this is the way we log...
    0002008B.gif
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hello darlins,

I'm here late again ... lotsa work and other stuff today! I stayed within my calories but didn't get much in the way of exercise today, other than pushing one of those stubborn carts around WalMart for an hour or two. It was a constant battle NOT to have it crash into everything in its path :noway: So I guess that counts for some arm exercises, eh? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tomorrow night is ZUMBA so I'll definitely get a good workout tomorrow, and then Friday night dance lessons. After my extra big (for me anyway :embarassed: ) workout yesterday, I guess it wasn't a big deal not to get on the elliptical. Tomorrow is another day....

I'm glad to see all the new folks! Welcome ... this has been a super fun thread!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I did 45 minutes of step aerobics with two risers, and one pound arm weights-- it was a great workout.

Jeannie-- again, I think you for this thread. God made some people encouragers, and you always find the sweetest words for all of us-- you are just a doll-baby-- God bless-- and good night!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I also used a melon baller to portion out the cookies and then cut down the cooking time accordingly. Made them very small, so portion control is much easier...

Thanks for the recipe Laura:flowerforyou: :happy:

Awesome idea about the melon baller....that would make for some good portion control sized cookies... You come up with the coolest ideas:smooched:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I did 45 minutes of step aerobics with two risers, and one pound arm weights-- it was a great workout.

Jeannie-- again, I think you for this thread. God made some people encouragers, and you always find the sweetest words for all of us-- you are just a doll-baby-- God bless-- and good night!!
    :flowerforyou: WOW Marla..you ROCK! Way to go on the excercise:smooched:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Hello darlins,

I'm here late again ... lotsa work and other stuff today! I stayed within my calories but didn't get much in the way of exercise today, other than pushing one of those stubborn carts around WalMart for an hour or two. It was a constant battle NOT to have it crash into everything in its path :noway: So I guess that counts for some arm exercises, eh? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tomorrow night is ZUMBA so I'll definitely get a good workout tomorrow, and then Friday night dance lessons. After my extra big (for me anyway :embarassed: ) workout yesterday, I guess it wasn't a big deal not to get on the elliptical. Tomorrow is another day....

I'm glad to see all the new folks! Welcome ... this has been a super fun thread!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Thanks! It's great to be here....I'm stickin around now...hope that's ok... I've decided I can find things to be proud of and not feel like I shouldn't be sharing them.:laugh:

Perhaps that sounds odd to those of you that have been on this thread for a bit of time...but I felt awkward sharing things at first...now they come easy:flowerforyou:

Thanks gang for that! It's you all and your excitement and kindess that have made me be more comfy here:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Why sometimes I get the urge to squish her in a hug and roll her back across the room!!:tongue:hug4.gifJeannie is the greatest isn't she though!!!:flowerforyou:

One of my most fun memories of Jeannie, myself and you Marla....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: is the day we all learned to put .gif pics in our posts.... It was like we were all giddy kids ....TOO COOL Once we learned how to play...we just couldn't stop...and haven't YET:laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :noway: BEAR_flowers.gif

So much fun with you all and Shore was the most patient EVER:laugh: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    My husband and I joined a gym yesterday, went to our 1st appointment today and scheduled our 2nd appointment for Monday. We're going to do this!!!!

You will LOVE hangin out at the gym...even better yet to have a workout bud:drinker: :happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Join this group to improve myself and my weight!!! YeeeHaaa!!!!
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Welcome:bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Went to my water aerobics class tonight and it was AWESOME! Some serious kick butt routines and halloween masks ...TO FUNNY

We have this great instructor on M/W nights she's like the craziest ever...in all the best of ways.

She cranks the music up to concert level so you fly right through that workout and have so much fun...who knew they had pools at a rock concert!!!:drinker:

She's got a tamborine (like a lil kids one...too funny) and slaps it and runs up and down along the edge of the pool doing the routines with us (big clas so she teaches from the deck)...OMG..then she brings props like tonight....a hat and crazy wig and scary halloween mask!!

Sadly tonight is her last pm classes so we sorta had a water party and got pretty crazy...she dragged out a big bag of masks, hats, fake crazy hair and we all donned our attire and we all squished together for a group photo! TEE HEE HEE

It was simply the funniest thing ever:tongue: So glad I went tonight...I love the gym, love working out..but the hormones have me crying one moment, cleaning my house like a maniac the next, looking for covers to crawl under...well you all know how fun it can get....LOL

SO I'm PROUD I made it there and no tears on the way....:laugh: Just on the way home:laugh: :laugh: Why you ask? I HAVE no idea... :grumble: 8 stinkin lil letters Hormones

ate healthy when I got home and now off to bed...:yawn: to have another great day tomorrow with no chocolate again.....this is getting to be a great pattern:heart::yawn:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I love this thread.

That's AWESOME:flowerforyou: good for you:bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Hello darlins,

Tresa:flowerforyou: You really make this place alot of fun...you add so much..I'm glad you're here...and glad I'm here as well.... YAY to ALL of US for making this a great place to come and share!!

:heart: ....this thread is one that will most likely go on forever:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hello darlins,

they should have pushing a walmart cart listed in the exercise log! I went last weekend with DH and I told him to push because it was pulling in all directions...he said NO-you push, just do it equally and you wont have to lift those weights tonight! ya know he was right? I was sore the next morning! :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Thanks Marla.

I am so proud (and amazed!) of you. How you fit in 45 min of anything for yourself running your household is nothign short of a miracle.

000202CD.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hello darlins,

Thanks! It's great to be here....I'm stickin around now...hope that's ok... I've decided I can find things to be proud of and not feel like I shouldn't be sharing them.:laugh:

Perhaps that sounds odd to those of you that have been on this thread for a bit of time...but I felt awkward sharing things at first...now they come easy:flowerforyou:

Thanks gang for that! It's you all and your excitement and kindess that have made me be more comfy here:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

:cry: You brought a tear to my eye. I am always amazed at how we look at ourselves so differently than the people around us see us!

I am very proud of you for joining this thread, and for see you are worthy of feeling PROUD!!
    I so look forward to your posts.:flowerforyou: I read you swim, right?
    000202CA.gif
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm proud because I got up at 4:15 this morning for my 3 mile run and 1 hour Body Pump class! I feel great and burned 575 calories...And it's only 8:15!! Plus the Body Pump instructor said I should consider becoming certified to teach the Body Pump classes-That made me feel GREAT! Have a wonderful day ladies, and gentlemen!!

:wink: