What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    After a down week last week, I dusted myself off today and I must say...... I freakin ROCK!!!!! I worked out harder than ever before!!!! I feel awesome today and filled with a new sense of positivity!!

ROCK ON SISTA!!

00020165.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    What made me proud....

went to chinese buffet - was going to get the you pick we cook that way I could limit what went into what I was eating - told them no butter - had this a thousand times before and butter is the only fat Well not today - they put the shrimp on the grill with no butter but then added a TON of oil to the veggies-well i didn't eat a single bite-came home and ate a smarter choice here!

I think my husband thinks I am losing my mind I am so obsessive about what I won't eat.

My family and I went to a buffet on Sunday. After the hubby and kids were settled in I headed straight to the salad "island". I made myself a huge salad, fat free dressing and got nice and full. After finishing that I ate a tiny bit of potatoes, turkey and gravy. I felt so good. And, NO DESSERT of my own, just a bite of each of the kids' ice cream. Yay me!!! My husband thought I'd lost my mind when I came back with salad.

Today, I walked 96 stairs to our office instead of jumping on the elevator when a co-worker held it for me. And, the scale granted me a 1lb weight loss this morning!

Happy Monday everyone!

Kati

0002013F.gif
    WOO HOO! Kati that is awesome.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :yawn: be back to catch up in the morning when I'm awake:yawn: :blushing:

Yeah!! Pretty Chick is back!!

How'd you do with daylight savings time!? Tired or refreshed?
    0002016B.gif
    CONFUSED....time changes make me confused:grumble: :laugh: But I do love the feeling that I have longer in the day than my mind thinks I do... HUH?:blushing: :bigsmile:

:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

0002016B.gif
    CONFUSED....time changes make me confused:grumble: :laugh: But I do love the feeling that I have longer in the day than my mind thinks I do... HUH?:blushing: :bigsmile:

how about the rest of you on the time change??? Refreshed or tired? We all should be vamped up due to the extra hour...but this year it's not workin that way for me.... today is supposed to be 78 CRAZY...it's NOV...I think the weather is what's throwin me off....40's one day....70's next.

I'm gotta find time to catch up in here as I know there's some posts directed at me :flowerforyou:

I shall find time....and to answer my mail as well Jeannie:smooched:

Headin out soon, errands, workouts, yadda x 3 and won't be back until time to watch SNL tonight....YAY...fun stuff last HURRAY they'll have on playing polictics!:laugh:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,937 Member
    Options
    The time change wears me out. The kids get off schedule too. But, man is it gorgeous here today. One weather station in our area said we could hit 78 today. Our norms are upper 40's lower 50's for this time of year. Is this the calm before the storm? Kati
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    Made home-made soup, so I know what's in it! I also threw away the candy.

....and ordered the ZUMBA DVD series. I'll check back in a week to be proud of doing it! :tongue:

Gotta start somewhere.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

....and ordered the ZUMBA DVD series. I'll check back in a week to be proud of doing it! :tongue:

Gotta start somewhere.

LOL I read that "I also threw in some candy.....thought you put candy in your soup!! LOL

Great job, may I have another bowl, please!?!
    000200A5.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options

0002016B.gif

how about the rest of you on the time change??? Refreshed or tired? We all should be vamped up due to the extra hour...but this year it's not workin that way for me.... today is supposed to be 78 CRAZY...it's NOV...I think the weather is what's throwin me off....40's one day....70's next.

I'm gotta find time to catch up in here as I know there's some posts directed at me :flowerforyou:

I shall find time....and to answer my mail as well Jeannie:smooched:

Headin out soon, errands, workouts, yadda x 3 and won't be back until time to watch SNL tonight....YAY...fun stuff last HURRAY they'll have on playing polictics!:laugh:

So much material, so little time.

You are in NE and it is 78??? WOW. It is 75 here in So FLA. too funny. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options

Gotta start somewhere.

LOL I read that "I also threw in some candy.....thought you put candy in your soup!! LOL

Great job, may I have another bowl, please!?!
    000200A5.gif

hee hee. Candy Corn Chowder. Yum.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Tresa is making me post again...so for fear of being beaten down if I don't pop in...today I am proud because I just went to the fridge to get some water, and of course I was tempted by the Mexican rice that is left over from last night...I almost grabbed it, thinking what harm could it possibly do...but I stopped and instead got one of my new 0 calorie "pickle paks"...and I still have 109 calories left to have my 100 calorie kettle corn later tonight...so far no binge...and one was staring me in the face...so for that I am proud
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Tresa is making me post again...so for fear of being beaten down if I don't pop in...today I am proud because I just went to the fridge to get some water, and of course I was tempted by the Mexican rice that is left over from last night...I almost grabbed it, thinking what harm could it possibly do...but I stopped and instead got one of my new 0 calorie "pickle paks"...and I still have 109 calories left to have my 100 calorie kettle corn later tonight...so far no binge...and one was staring me in the face...so for that I am proud

Hahahaha ... I am just THAT MEAN & INTIMIDATING!!

00020148.gif

Laura, dear, I am SO PROUD of you for resisting temptation. See ... today is a new day, and so is tomorrow. Just string them together and you've got a trend!! And then you'll start feeling better & better. You are the boss ... food is just food.

YAY FOR YOU!!!

00020260.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options
    More later ... I've been running around like a lunatic and am just now home ... still haven't gotten on the elliptical, done my work for the day, or eaten dinner!

I may get to go to bed tonight ... we'll see.... if you don't see me back tonight you'll know I'm still trying to get at least one thing done today!!!

18.gif18.gif18.gif
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I watched my daughter on the Golf Channel tonight-- they were showing a one hour long presentation of the U.S. Junior Ryder Cup team that she was on in September. It was awesome-- my husband has taught this young lady a skill that has changed her life, and has given her such a bright future. I'm so proud of them both. I cried like a baby watching it-- she's just so darned beautiful and so sweet and so talented. I'm one very proud mama.:love:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    More later ... I've been running around like a lunatic and am just now home ... still haven't gotten on the elliptical, done my work for the day, or eaten dinner!

I may get to go to bed tonight ... we'll see.... if you don't see me back tonight you'll know I'm still trying to get at least one thing done today!!!

18.gif18.gif18.gif

wondering if you get extra cals burned when running around like a lunatic?? I think you SHOULD!!:huh: :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

YEAH for you my Laura!! I missed you and was going to hunt you down tonight! You fought the rice and YOU won!
    000200D0.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I watched my daughter on the Golf Channel tonight-- they were showing a one hour long presentation of the U.S. Junior Ryder Cup team that she was on in September. It was awesome-- my husband has taught this young lady a skill that has changed her life, and has given her such a bright future. I'm so proud of them both. I cried like a baby watching it-- she's just so darned beautiful and so sweet and so talented. I'm one very proud mama.:love:

And proud you should be Marla. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I would love to see my lil girl on TV accomplishing something wonderful.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

18.gif18.gif18.gif

wondering if you get extra cals burned when running around like a lunatic?? I think you SHOULD!!:huh: :bigsmile:

I think lunatic cals should be doubled!!
    0002007D.gif
  • Marla64
    Options

18.gif18.gif18.gif

Boy, wouldn't that be nice-- I wouldn't need to be here-- !!
  • Marla64
    Options

And proud you should be Marla. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I would love to see my lil girl on TV accomplishing something wonderful.

Thanks, Jeannie-- :smooched:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    ARRGGHHH I'm still not done working!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Now ... if lunacy doubles your calories burned, I should be skinny. I should have disappeared long ago!!!

I wonder if the golf channel is available online anywhere ... I'd love to look for your daughter Marla! I'm so proud!

Oy, I need to get back to work ... I will look at this thread more ... well it may not be tomorrow ... tomorrow looks WORSE than today ... but maybe I'll have time ... and respond appropriately. Or as close to appropriately as I ever get.

In the meantime ... oh dang it... I have a lot I want talk about ... this is torture.

Nitey nite loves ...

000201C1.gif