C25K Support Group Starting 6/27

Options
Hello,

I know a couple of us are planning to start the C25K program tomorrow so I wanted to start this post so that we can report on our progress over the next 9 weeks. I'm sure we could all use the support. Feel free to "bump" the post so that you can come back later.

I'll check in tomorrow to post my results and see how everyone did. :smile:

Replies

• muffin111
    muffin111 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey! I'm glad others are starting now too. I'm starting today and making my workout days Sun, Tues, and Thurs. I cannot run at all, so I'm hoping this program helps me :-D Good luck to you too. We can do it!
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    Ooh can I join?! I'm starting tomorrow ... I tried to start a few weeks back, but I nearly died trying to run for 60 sec, so I said I'd try again once I'd lost 14lb. My daughter and I have signed up to do a 5k run on 11 September, so I really do need to get going!

I'm planning on doing the programme Mon, Wed, Fri. I'll be doing other workouts too - 5 days left of 30 Day Shred and then I'm not sure what ... I have Insanity on it's way to me but that's scaring the hell out of me right now!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm glad others are starting now too. I'm starting today and making my workout days Sun, Tues, and Thurs. I cannot run at all, so I'm hoping this program helps me :-D Good luck to you too. We can do it!

Hey Muffin (love your screenname :smile: ). I do a bootcamp Sun, Tues, Thurs so that's why I'm going to do C25K Mon, Wed and Fri or Saturday. I've always wanted to run a 5K but never thought I could. I think this program will get me ready and give me the confidence to do it. My goal is to run a 5K for the first time by the end of this year. Looking forward to seeing your progress over the next 9 weeks. :smile:
  • LaurinW
    LaurinW Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in too! I started the C25K around Christmas time and did really well with it but then it got really cold and icy so I stopped. =( I will give it a go again! I have to say that the C25K app on my iPhone was a great tool to use.

Happy Running!
  • SuzieR
    Options
    Laurin, I have the app on my ipod - the one time I used it it was great! I also have Runkeeper on my android phone which keeps track of pace/distance which I found really helpful too (have used this several times on long walks).

I'm a bit worried about doing this in the heat! I'm in the UK and it is summer (supposedly) - today it is boiling! I had considered starting today but the heat put me off :(
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Ooh can I join?! I'm starting tomorrow ... I tried to start a few weeks back, but I nearly died trying to run for 60 sec, so I said I'd try again once I'd lost 14lb. My daughter and I have signed up to do a 5k run on 11 September, so I really do need to get going!

I'm planning on doing the programme Mon, Wed, Fri. I'll be doing other workouts too - 5 days left of 30 Day Shred and then I'm not sure what ... I have Insanity on it's way to me but that's scaring the hell out of me right now!

Hi Suzie, of course you can join! The more support we all have, the better. Congratulations on achieving your first goal! That is awesome that you have already signed up for a 5K. I haven't signed up yet but I definitely plan to complete my first 5K before the end of this year. One more thing I can check off my bucket list LOL. I just got the 30DS and Insanity so those will be next on my list too but not sure when I'll be able to start. We can support each other though those too. )
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    I would like to join in too! I started the C25K around Christmas time and did really well with it but then it got really cold and icy so I stopped. =( I will give it a go again! I have to say that the C25K app on my iPhone was a great tool to use.

Happy Running!

Thanks for the tip Lauren. I sure wish I had a smartphone so I can get the app as it would make things a lot easier for me running outside. I'm going to follow the treadmill program instead since I have one at home but I know outside is better so I have to figure out how I will incorporate outside as well.
  • SuzieR
    Options
    Hi Suzie, of course you can join! The more support we all have, the better. Congratulations on achieving your first goal! That is awesome that you have already signed up for a 5K. I haven't signed up yet but I definitely plan to complete my first 5K before the end of this year. One more thing I can check off my bucket list LOL. I just got the 30DS and Insanity so those will be next on my list too but not sure when I'll be able to start. We can support each other though those too. )

Thank you :D I was so excited to lose that first 14lb (a stone in UK speak!)! Still a few more to go though ....

I have really enjoyed 30DS! It kills, but I feel so guilty if I think about skipping it ... the fact that it's only 20 mins really spurs me on to do it every day! :)
  • SuzieR
    Options

Happy Running!

Thanks for the tip Lauren. I sure wish I had a smartphone so I can get the app as it would make things a lot easier for me running outside. I'm going to follow the treadmill program instead since I have one at home but I know outside is better so I have to figure out how I will incorporate outside as well.

Do you have an mp3 player? If so, the NHS Choices website has podcasts you can download.
  • LaurinW
    LaurinW Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    SusieR-

When I started C25K in the winter time it was VERY cold. The first night I ran it was 35 degrees out. I had decided that I was done with the excuses and that the weather wouldnt stop me....until I couldnt physically run on the ice. (I'm from Dallas and we had a pretty bad winter which is very rare for us). Anyways, now it is HOT, like 100+ degrees everyday. Again, I am tired of making excuses for myself. I plan to go jogging in the evenings in hopes of mid-90's temps.

We can run in the heat together!! =)
  • taurus39
    taurus39 Posts: 26
    Options
    Too cool, I just googled C25K, thought it was something I couldn't handle but after shortly reading it,this is definatley something I can do. The person on the front page that I read is me except I'm 39 they are 47 and a smoker as well, so I am 12 yrs. younger & if they can do it, so can I. I am trying to quit smoking.So hopefully this help me to quit. Any way I am glad you started this I am starting tomorrow . Count me in!!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    SusieR-

When I started C25K in the winter time it was VERY cold. The first night I ran it was 35 degrees out. I had decided that I was done with the excuses and that the weather wouldnt stop me....until I couldnt physically run on the ice. (I'm from Dallas and we had a pretty bad winter which is very rare for us). Anyways, now it is HOT, like 100+ degrees everyday. Again, I am tired of making excuses for myself. I plan to go jogging in the evenings in hopes of mid-90's temps.

We can run in the heat together!! =)

LOL, I know what you mean. I live in Florida so I was making excuses too and finally invested in a treadmill. Now, I have no excuse because if it's too hot oustide or storming (common occurrences here), I have the treadmill right at home.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on July 1st, can I join?
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Do you have an mp3 player? If so, the NHS Choices website has podcasts you can download.

As a matter of fact, I do. Haven't used it in years so now I have to figure out where it is hidden in my home LOL. Do you have a link to the podcasts website?

Thanks a bunch for that tip!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    I'm starting on July 1st, can I join?

Of course you can! The more the merrier.:drinker:
  • SuzieR
    Options
    OneBryteSmile, whereabouts in Florida do you live? We're coming Orlando at Easter - my motivation for losing weight! Can't wait!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • SuzieR
    Options

As a matter of fact, I do. Haven't used it in years so now I have to figure out where it is hidden in my home LOL. Do you have a link to the podcasts website?

Thanks a bunch for that tip!

Yay! Here you go ...http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx The big green running man pic on the side is where you get the podcasts ... I haven't actually downloaded these, but I've heard they're really good :)
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Too cool, I just googled C25K, thought it was something I couldn't handle but after shortly reading it,this is definatley something I can do. The person on the front page that I read is me except I'm 39 they are 47 and a smoker as well, so I am 12 yrs. younger & if they can do it, so can I. I am trying to quit smoking.So hopefully this help me to quit. Any way I am glad you started this I am starting tomorrow . Count me in!!

So glad to have you join us Taurus! :smile:

I tried the week 1, day 1 workout last week, just to see if I could really do it it and it honestly wasn't bad after all. I think you just have to take your time and work your way through it. Don't try to do too much the first time. If you have to repeat a day or repeat a whole week, that is fine. Go at your own pace and you will get there! The important thing is to finish the workout.