P90X: Bringin' it! June-Sept

Options
The day has finally arrived!!!!! After much anticipation......Here we GO!!!!

How did everyone feel during Day One? After?

Did everyone take Before pics and measurements?

Looking forward to Day 90: September 24th, 2011, and being able to post a "P90X Success Story"!

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Our group is 4 weeks ahead of you guys, we are on our first Recovery Week...

Best wishes your P90X Journey :love: :heart:
  • evelyn602
    evelyn602 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    OK so I was pretty excited I couldn't wait I started yesterday with my husband!! We both took before and after pics didn't take any measurements but Im hoping the pics will show all our hard work. As for Day 1 were both doing the Classic version Day 1 was chest and back/ Ab Ripper and it was HARD! VERY HARD! I felt great once I was done and could definitely felt the burn in my chest and abs but my poor husband didn't do as well. I have just finished the Jilian Michaels 30 Day Shred and Julian Michaels 6 Week to 6 pack back to back so I was in better shape and was more used to DVD style workouts the husband on the other hand hasn't worked out in months he was able to finish the entire DVD but not without lots of breaks and a little puking!! Today is going to be Day 2 for us Pylometrics!! Well see how the rest of the journey plays out but I have kind of high expectations hoping I will be able to meet them.
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Puking?? Oh no. Im in deep trouble!!!

Hope he feels better for plyo today! Sounds like you are off to a great start! Ive heard it should be challenging but not impossible, and certainly not "easy".
    Im picking up the DVDs from my cousin around 5pm, and gonna grab a pull up bar at Sports Authority while Im out. Then...heading home to get started!!

Where is everyone else? We had a pretty big group growing on the other thread...hope we didnt lose anyone!
  • evelyn602
    Options
    Well he's very out of shape hasn't worked out in months and even then it was nothing consistent and 2nd he tends to outdo himself he's not a "pace myself" kind of guy lol so he kind of did it to himself. Day 1 was hard for me because it was pretty much a whole hour of push ups and pulls ups which I HATE very much!! lol I have no upper body strength so I did have to use the chair the whole time to help me pick myself up I'm giving myself a mini goal to do at least 1 pull up by myself unassisted after the first week lol but Day 2 is Day 2 we are both going to do Pylometrics today I will update you as I go but I am still pretty excited about doing it.
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    well I just finished chest/back. It was HARD! I'm so exhausted. I'm going to do the ab ripper later today. my hmr said I burned 645 calories so I just logged it as 600 calories burned.

:smile:
  • S_R_S_80
    S_R_S_80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok, well I started a week ago and got all but one workout in. I lost 5 lbs and couldn't ask for much more. I did not take any pictures or measurements to start with but I took a couple after one week which I'm sure look pretty much the same as day one. I plan on taking the same pictures weekly and hope to see a nice progressive slide show. Should be good motivation later if I start to feel some burnout.
  • elly620
    Options
    ugh!!! its 9:38pm and i still havent done the ab ripper. i really dont want too. i'm tired...
  • katbass
    Options
    Alright....Day One is in the books!! Im so excited my husband decided to join in the fun :happy: He used the pull-up bar and I was able to do the exercises using the resistance bands hanging off the bar. It took us longer, since we had to take turns, but it was fun! We couldnt complete all the exercises (not even close!), but when we werent able to do the reps, we were burning calories laughing hysterically at ourselves! A really great workout! Im not as irritated by Tony Horton as I thought I would be haha

We are already working out the tweeks we might make (subbing "10 Minute Abs" DVD for the Ab Ripper X...for time purposes, and because we both really like that DVD and see results when we commit to it. And I will likely do 30 minutes of yoga and then run for 60 minutes on yoga days.) and are excited to workout again tomorrow!

I still have to enter my food for the day (I usually do that ahead of time), and my HRM said I burned 494 calories during Chest and Back. I forgot to turn it back on again during Ab Ripper X.

Hope everyone else had a successful Day One, too!!!
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    P90X Day 1 complete - Chest & Back & Ab Ripper X - 712 Calories
  • elly620
    Options
    i did the ab ripper when i thought I couldn't. i'm very proud of myself! so total calories burned was an awesome 690 calories. woohoo!!!!

:happy:
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I burned 582 on Chest & Back, but I didn't make it to the Ab Ripper. I was too exhausted :( But I cleaned around the house earlier today so a total calorie burn for the day was 792! Can't wait for tomorrow! I've taken my before pics and my measurements, and I did decide to blog about it.
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    Found you! Well I'm doing the lean version so it was core yesterday which was hard but boy did I sweat my hrm said I burnt 910 cals which I can quite believe for almost an hour my Hr was 130-140 never got a sweat on like that with the shred!

I actually went to bed last night thinking I was less sore than I should be, then I woke upvthis morning lol!

Did take measurements and pics so I too can blog but my comp broke last night so they'll have to wait.

Well done elly on doing the Ab ripper when you didn't feel like it, bet you felt great for knuckling down and doing it!

Are we all going to add each other as friends? If so could you add me? My phone for pained reason doesn't let me!
    Cardiox for me tonight gonna have to wait till the kids are in bed, that's gonna hurt!
  • katbass
    Options
    Elly...AWESOME job!! I know how easy it is to talk yourself out of working out, especially when it seems like an "extra" workout after Chest and Back! Im really impressed!

Amber...awesome burn yesterday! I hope we can maintain the excitement through the next 89 days! I, too, am looking forward to today's workout!

Ley....910 cals in an hour is AWESOME! Makes me wish the Classic program had more Core days! Ill go add everyone when Im done here...and just let me know if you want to add each other on FB! Im open to both locations ;)

Well, I woke up feeling a litttttttttttle sore, but nothing truly noticeable. My husband, on the other hand, couldnt lift his hand to scratch his eye this morning! His arms were throbbing! I wish I had more of a burn, and am hoping I didnt sell myself short last night. Could I have done more? Honestly...no. Those "under the fence" push-ups are physically impossible for me! My wrists just cant hold that much tension/weight. Im not giving up! I tried every single move, excelling at some (did more lawnmower reps than my hubby!) and barely completing others (diamond push-ups....ugh). BUT, that's why Im doing this...so that I CAN do a pull-up eventually (nope, couldnt even do ONE on the bar last night) and so I gain muscle and strength!

Plyo today. I wanted to workout during Whitney's nap (1pm-3pm), but my husband said he'd be more likely to stay commited if we workout togther at night. I understand,...and he's probably right....but working out after 8pm makes it tough to plan my meals and not under/over-eat.
    Hope everyone has an awesome day!
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If you want a truly motivating success story for P90X, here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4zoi8HuFHQ

I actually work with this guy and watched him shrink. He looks great and is totally passionate about P90X!
  • Ley2ndtry
    Options
    Kat I find that about meals plus I feel i give more effort if I workout in the am plus its hard to fit dinner in, before and you have to workout late after and you workout hungry!

Though I've got 2 kids at home so when the youngest is napping (which is when
    I try and workout) sometimes it's hard to keep the eldest entertained.

I'd get up early and workout before the kids wake but they wake at 5am daily (this morning was 430 yawn) and there's no way I'm working out at 4am lol!

I'm really achy today and I so know cardiox is going to kill me, tonight I will be a broken woman!

What's everyone else got today? Is everyone else doing classic?
  • Ley2ndtry
    Options
    P90X Day 1 complete - Chest & Back & Ab Ripper X - 712 Calories

Sweet! How was it?
  • evelyn602
    Options
    OK I finished Day 2 yesterday Pylometrics and it was HARD I thought it was going to be easier than the chest & back workout which was all push ups and pull ups which I hate. Man I was WRONG DEAD WRONG!!! Me and the hubby were able to finish all of it but man we sure had to use the modified versions to get it done. Pylo has alot of squats and jumping around great workout and I was so happy there was not a second DVD for that one lol... Day 3 is today for Arms & Shoulders/ Ab ripper X which I'm looking forward to more than the Pylometrics lol
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm open for being added on FB and on here! Anyone who wants to add me on FB just send me a message and i'll give you my info! :) About to get lunch and then get back home and do some Plyo before work tonight! For some reason, I feel soreness in my abs even though I didn't do the ab ripper.
  • katbass
    Options
    Soooo......I puked.

I had to pause Plyometrics to puke. On Day Two. Wow. Surprisingly, it just motivates me to keep pushing play to see how long it will take for me to NOT puke during plyo! haha Tony says at the beginning of the DVD "dont eat within in hour of this DVD"...I ate a crappy lunch at my parents' house, came home, put Whitney down for a nap, and pushed play. BAD idea. Well, i guess I had several bad ideas today.....the two hot dogs for lunch, and then jumping, leaping, squating, lunging, tire-running, jump shotting myself to a pukefest!

I can tell my legs are going to hurt in the morning, and Ive actaully had THREE different, completely unrelated friends tell me that I "will need assistance to get off the toilet for several days after plyo." I can only imagine. haha Awesome.
    Glad today's workout is done, but sorta looking forward to a run tonight while hubby attempts plyometrics on his own.

Tomorrow is Shoulders and Arms, and instead of Ab Ripper X, we are gonna do our "10 Minute Abs" DVD. Very similar concept and a great , quick ab workout if you can find the DVD in the $5 bin at Walmart! :)

How did everyone else do today???
  • Ley2ndtry
    Options
    Cardio X was cool! found it much easier than the Core workout - and i burnt less calories but then again its about 10'C cooler today than yesterday.

and i'm wondering whether my HRM's batteries are running on low as the buttons stopped bleeping we'll see!

Tried to get as much protein as possible today but still falling way short! cant wait till end of the week and i can get in some shakes.