P90X: Bringin' it! June-Sept

Options

Replies

• FHWguy
    FHWguy Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm right behind you guys. Day 9 for me. Wish I had a better diet though... Week 1 resulted in only a loss of 1/2 pound. I suspect I'm not eating enough calories which just seems backwards. I even had a couple bike rides last week!

I'm too uncoordinated for that plyo baseball bonus round exercise. By the time I figure it out, its on to the next one.

I pulled a shoulder muscle during legs and back, but it feels pretty good now. Day 10 tomorrow (shoulders and arms) should tell me if it healed up.
  • evelyn602
    evelyn602 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm finally out of bed and Finished day 10! thanks for the motivation katbass made me realize I have truly changed my lifestyle and made me excited to at least give it a shot! Kicked the flu's *kitten* today! LOL finished arms& shoulders with ab ripper and for me having the flu I finished every 350 exercises from ab ripper!! I feel like I sweated most of the flu out now lol...
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    P90X Day 10 complete - Shoulders & Arms (including bonus) & Ab Ripper
    Duration: 01:29:41
    Calories: 904
    Fat Burn: 00:47:42
    Fitness: 00:41:39
    Average HR: 122
    Maximum HR: 161
  • FHWguy
    FHWguy Posts: 15
    Options
    Day 10 done. Shoulder felt fine, but I need to figure out the proper weights.
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    hello again you lot, nice to see you all did well with yesterdays workout.

as i guessed i had to miss out on my yoga yesterday just ran out of time completely - didnt get home until 830pm so opted for dinner rather than yoga lol!

i'm gutted i missed out on the yoga yesterday because i could really do with some relaxing exercise atm!

I'm completely full of cold with one of those terribly annoying sore throats including cough! and its TOM so i'm really gonna have to pull something out of the bag for tonights workout.

I've gone back to my previous eating habits (well pre-p90x i mean) because i've not lost any weight or inches - the only difference i can really see is in my arms - i actually have triceps!!

before p90x i was burning around the same amount of cals in my workouts anyway and i was loosing weight so think i'll stick with what i know works! p90x for me was just about getting the body change rather than the extra weight loss.

though i will continue to have a higher protein count.

does anyone on here work nights or such? i'm looking for a night job at the moment and just wondering how i'd be able to still fit in the p90x workouts especially as i'll be looking after the kids in the daytime, and i cant imagine doing the workout before going off to do a night shift!!
  • Ley2ndtry
    Options
    totally can tell i was poorly doing that one, the legs and back wasnt too bad but just hit a wall during the ab ripper and had to give in 4 moves before the end :(

the bonus though, sweated much more than usual! thats gotta help right?
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Evelyn, glad youre feelign better! I bet youll feel 100% tomorrow :happy:

I did NOT want to work out today. My mom came and took my daughter away from some fun at the park, so I had NO excuse to skip doing Back and Legs today haha I powered through and feel GREAT now! Its so funny because the scale is BARELY moving (it technically says Ive lost 6 lbs total, but I just know thats not true. I keep gaining and losing the same 4-6 lbs over and over. I feel like i can SORTA, kinda, maybe, possibly, potentially see a teensy weensy bit of difference in my body, especially my hips, but Im always looking way too hard haha Im determined to see changes :bigsmile:

Im really looking forward to tomorrow's Kenpo. Especially since I wont be hungover while attempting it this week :blushing:

So happy to have this place to come and chat and catch up and motivate and be motivated! Thanks, yall! :flowerforyou:
  • VBtim180
    VBtim180 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Day ELEVEN , legs and back is complete. For the first time this week I was able to get the workout done between 6 and 7 pm instead of starting at 9 or 9:30. Was able to go out and have a nice meal at Cheeseburger In Paradise. Of course I have no idea how much I ate calorie wise. No published data. Figured I enjoyed at least 1000 in food and another 500 in Pina' Colada.
    Still ended a little under total allowed.

Back and legs is a decent work out but whoever came up with those wall squats needs their head examined. that is insanely painfull!.

I am doing the pull-ups with chair but I am not sure if I get it. Do you use your leg to assist or use the chair to take the weight of your leg out of the pull-up? I try not to use my leg to push and just pull-up but can only do 4 or 5 . If I use my foot to push too I can do more but whats the point? Thoughts?
  • evelyn602
    evelyn602 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Day 11 done yoga x!! thanks katbass feeling way way better! very surprised by the amount of calories burned using the new HRM I thought it would of been less! Lol not complaining! Getting better with yoga done it a couple times before P90X but have never been graceful at it lol I think finishing my 2nd week even though the scale moved the first week (but like katbass its the same 5lbs I gain and lose when I have good and bad weeks I don't really count it either) I can tell I'm getting stronger still not be able to do a pull up though I'll get there hopefully! How is everyone else? Everyone seems to be hanging in there and I'm glad I'm not alone!
  • ljd0693
    Options
    P90X Day 11 complete - Kenpo (instead of Yoga)
    Duration: 01:00:15
    Calories: 766
    Fat Burn: 00:13:58
    Fitness: 00:46:17
    Average HR: 139
    Maximum HR: 171
  • ljd0693
    Options
    The regular wall squat is bad enough but then 1 leg squats??? That is insane for sure!

I have the same concerns about using the chair when doing pull-ups. I try to do as many as I can without the chair but when I switch to the chair I feel that I'm using my legs too much. I think the key is to move the chair far enough away that you really can't use your legs as effectively to push.

Back and legs is a decent work out but whoever came up with those wall squats needs their head examined. that is insanely painfull!.

I am doing the pull-ups with chair but I am not sure if I get it. Do you use your leg to assist or use the chair to take the weight of your leg out of the pull-up? I try not to use my leg to push and just pull-up but can only do 4 or 5 . If I use my foot to push too I can do more but whats the point? Thoughts?
  • Ley2ndtry
    Options
    The regular wall squat is bad enough but then 1 leg squats??? That is insane for sure!

I have the same concerns about using the chair when doing pull-ups. I try to do as many as I can without the chair but when I switch to the chair I feel that I'm using my legs too much. I think the key is to move the chair far enough away that you really can't use your legs as effectively to push.

I have the same issue, it felt really awkward at first but i think i'm doing it right.

And yeah those one leg squats are more than evil!! the chair pose argh!!

really really looking forward to Kenpo tonight hopefully gonna sweat this cold right out of me!
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi EVERYONE! So i'm a day behind because I didn't exercise yesterday. I'm going to use my rest day to catch up. :)

Well today is my check-in day. And I finally lost the weight I gained last week.
    I lost 1.2 lbs. 1.5 in on my waist, 0.5 in on my hips and 0.5 in off of each thigh. so the grand total is 4inches lost in one week. WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

My total weight loss since we began P90X: weight loss of only 1.6lbs BUT 8.75 inches off my body IN JUST 2 WEEKS!!!!

Body fat % was 37% and is now 32%

I was feeling discouraged because all week my weight has been up. today its down and the inches lost is great.
  • ljd0693
    Options
    P90X Day 12 complete - Hiking w/trekking poles (instead of Legs & Back)
    Duration: 01:50:09
    Calories: 1327
    Fat Burn: 00:27:51
    Fitness: 01:22:14
    Average HR: 133
    Maximum HR: 178

I also did some push-ups and pull-ups.

Glad to hear you're doing so great elly. 8.75 inches off of your body in just 2 weeks in GREAT! I know it's hard to ignore the scale but it's something that really needs to happen for the first half of P90X. Just focus on your measurements and just know that the weight will fall off by the end of the 90 days.
  • Ley2ndtry
    Options
    well done elly so nice to be seeing results this early in the program.

i had an awful day yesterday spent a few hours in hospital with my youngest who face dived into the corner of the wall and split his head open he now looks like harry potter!

wasnt sure i'd be up for a workout especially as this cold of mine has just got so much worse but i figured i'd already missed one workout this week and i really enjoy kenpo so i did it!

felt so much better aferwards but i'm regretting it today, i hurt all over and my head feels like its about 4 times the size lol!
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @ ljd0693...I'm really trying to ignore the scale but its hard. I think i'm going to take out the batteries until my next weigh in.

So I just finished Kenpo (i was suppose to do it yesterday but I did it today). Day 14 done! I burned 856 calories and I feel great. How is everyone feeling after two weeks of P90X? It seems as if we've lost a couple people.
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Ley...Im so sorry to hear abotu your son! How scary!? Is he feeling better now? Im super impressed that you commited to the Kenpo after a day like that! CONGRATS!!!

Elly....8.75 inches?!?! Im not gonna lie...Im jealous! Great work!! Are you following the meal plan, too?

The wall squats dont bother me as much as all the push-ups in the Chest/Back DVD. There are some movesin each DVD that literally make my body shake! Thats when I try to think "Its working!" instead of "This freakin' HURTSSS!"

Well, after Elly's 8.75" loss, I hate to bring some crummy news, but I have to admit I am BUMMED. WARNING: Whine-fest and pity party ahead!! Lookout!!! WARNING!!
    Eric took my measurements again last night. I thought for SURE I wouldve lost a few more inches since I THOUGHT my clothes were fitting better. WRONG. I have GAINED weight and GAINED inches in the 14 days of P90X. I had lost inches last week, but apparently they found me, or we miscalculated or took measurements in different spots....either way, I am up. Its so frustrating.
    I hate feeling this discouraged, especially since I know future P90X-ers might read this and decide against the program. I believe in the system. I believe it will eventually show results. I just dont want to be the one who completes the entrie program and doesnt see any changes. Last year I did the 30 Day Shred and actually gained weight and inches in 30 days. It was sooo discouraging, I gave up on exercise completely. I am givng this 2 more weeks. I could almost cry when I realize I have worked my *kitten* off 6 days a week for two weeks and Im GAINING weight. I couldve sat on my couch and done NOTHING, and I wouldnt have GAINED weight or inches. I may not have lost, but at least I wouldnt have GAINED!
    Wah. wah. wah. Blah blah blah. Sorry for the pity party. Just annoyed. My husband and I work out together, I wear a HRM to judge calories, and while my eating hasnt been amazing, it hasnt been terrible either. Im not sure what Im missing. Im just hoping this week brings some kind of change that will re-motivate me and keep me going. Because right now, I am NOT looking forward to pushing play on Chest and Back tomorrow.
  • ljd0693
    Options
    P90X Day 13 complete - Kenpo
    Duration: 01:03:39
    Calories: 728
    Fat Burn: 00:16:19
    Fitness: 00:47:20
    Average HR: 130
    Maximum HR: 162

P90X Day 14 complete - Rest/Stretch
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ley...Im so sorry to hear abotu your son! How scary!? Is he feeling better now? Im super impressed that you commited to the Kenpo after a day like that! CONGRATS!!!

Elly....8.75 inches?!?! Im not gonna lie...Im jealous! Great work!! Are you following the meal plan, too?

The wall squats dont bother me as much as all the push-ups in the Chest/Back DVD. There are some movesin each DVD that literally make my body shake! Thats when I try to think "Its working!" instead of "This freakin' HURTSSS!"

Well, after Elly's 8.75" loss, I hate to bring some crummy news, but I have to admit I am BUMMED. WARNING: Whine-fest and pity party ahead!! Lookout!!! WARNING!!
    Eric took my measurements again last night. I thought for SURE I wouldve lost a few more inches since I THOUGHT my clothes were fitting better. WRONG. I have GAINED weight and GAINED inches in the 14 days of P90X. I had lost inches last week, but apparently they found me, or we miscalculated or took measurements in different spots....either way, I am up. Its so frustrating.
    I hate feeling this discouraged, especially since I know future P90X-ers might read this and decide against the program. I believe in the system. I believe it will eventually show results. I just dont want to be the one who completes the entrie program and doesnt see any changes. Last year I did the 30 Day Shred and actually gained weight and inches in 30 days. It was sooo discouraging, I gave up on exercise completely. I am givng this 2 more weeks. I could almost cry when I realize I have worked my *kitten* off 6 days a week for two weeks and Im GAINING weight. I couldve sat on my couch and done NOTHING, and I wouldnt have GAINED weight or inches. I may not have lost, but at least I wouldnt have GAINED!
    Wah. wah. wah. Blah blah blah. Sorry for the pity party. Just annoyed. My husband and I work out together, I wear a HRM to judge calories, and while my eating hasnt been amazing, it hasnt been terrible either. Im not sure what Im missing. Im just hoping this week brings some kind of change that will re-motivate me and keep me going. Because right now, I am NOT looking forward to pushing play on Chest and Back tomorrow.

Aww girl, I'm sorry for your discouragement. I tried measuring myself earlier since my boyfriend's on a road trip and I hope it's just me trying to measure myself by myself because it looks like I've either gained inches or at the same too. Now this week sucked and I didn't get in some of my P90X workouts, but I mowed my yard for 3 1/2 hours instead of yoga, and carhopped 8 hours straight instead of doing Kenpo, so that has to count for something. I really hope you have great results this week and that I can be motivated to not miss a workout this week!
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    Way to bring it guys! A LOT of folks don't make it past 2 weeks so KEEP IT UP! Don;t be like them
    I've done the X a few times and got great results (so did my wife)

KatBass MANY people (especially women?!?) gain some water weight in the first couple weeks but this is a GOOD THING. It is basically your body repairing muscle, which it does by bathing muscles in water. It means you are going to be getting better muscles soon. As you get used to it the fluid will come off.
    Every one starts from a different spot and has different experiences. HOWEVER everyone I knwo who's done the program gets life changing results - and then wants to do it again. he he he

1 more week till muscle recovery week - keep going.

60days is another bailing point too. Keep focused on WHY you are doing this for 90 days. You're worth it .