P90X: Bringin' it! June-Sept

Options

Replies

• yogasara
    yogasara Posts: 8
    Options
    I have been doing P90X for a year now and love how I feel. I am new to myfitnesspal and having difficulty logging in the exercises. Do you use a heart rate monitor? How do you log in your P90X workouts?
    Thank you for your time.
    Sara
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I have been doing P90X for a year now and love how I feel. I am new to myfitnesspal and having difficulty logging in the exercises. Do you use a heart rate monitor? How do you log in your P90X workouts?
    Thank you for your time.
    Sara

Hey Sara! I wouldn't recommend logging your exercises into MFP (based on what you burn it will add the amount of calories you lost to how much you'll need to eat for that day). :)
  • yogasara
    yogasara Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Have a great day!
  • FHWguy
    FHWguy Posts: 15
    Options
    Day 20 done. Feeling of shin splints today. Hopefully that will heal up in recovery week. Also weigh in reflected my terrible diet this weekend. Back to no weight loss :(
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Actually, you should add in your exercise calories. MFP already incorporates a deficit from the settings you provided ("lose 1 lb per week? "lose 2 lbs per week?" or "lose half a pound a week?", height, weight, lifestyle, etc) So if you dont eat back your exercise calories, you are creating an even larger deficit. You might lose weight initially, but the bottom line is: your body needs fuel. Food is fuel. It keeps the body going and functioning and doing what you need it to do. If you dont feed your muscles/organs/brain/etc, your body will eventually stop burning fat to focus on storing energy (food) for your brain/organs/muscles and other life-saving functions.
    FEED your metabolism. DONT neglect it!

I use a HRM and log my calories that way. Hope that helps! :)
  • VBtim180
    VBtim180 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree with Katbass. I use HRM to calculate my workouts and then consume the extra food I have Earned. Without that food I wouldnt be able to Bring It! I am using Protein shakes to add the calories and protein I need.
  • evelyn602
    evelyn602 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Day 21 done!!! kempo x but had to stop with 15 mins to go not due to illness or short of time or even too tired but because of another giant dust storm that rolled into Phoenix today!!!! This thing is crazy looks like the apocalypse was coming knocked my power out for a good 20 mins even now I'm on my smart phone and the power keeps coming in and out... mother nature! Recovery week starts tomorrow :) I'm so proud of all of us!!! Even though some of us havent seen any results we've been sticking to it pretty damn good and that alone deserves a pat on the back we've gone above and beyond of just trying this program!
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    P90X Day 22 complete - Kenpo (instead of Yoga)
    Duration: 01:01:24
    Calories: 664
    Fat Burn: 00:20:59
    Fitness: 00:40:25
    Average HR: 127
    Maximum HR: 161
  • YVL93
    YVL93 Posts: 121
    Options
    Hi im new to this thread. But I
    Just finished plyometrics which complete day 9 of 90.
    I have a heart rate monitor but it doesn't calculate the calories just tells me the HR should ve reconsidered when I made the purchase :( so I estimate the calories burn on my workouts.
    Hey I'm also looking for new friends for support and accountability :)
  • katbass
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I skipped Yoga last night and was planning on running, but that didnt happen. I think thats my first real "no exercise" day in a while. We are in recovery week here, so tonight is our first shot at Core Synergistics. I am a bit intimidated after my husband told me what this workout includes, but hoping it keeps me interested and motivated. he said it appears similar to Insanity, so we'll see!

Also, my frustrations with this program lead me to do a teeny bit of research. My BMR is 1569. MFP set my goal at 1200. I knew that wasnt gonna work, so I set it manually to 1500, figuring that was closer to my BMR, but still providing a deficit. Well....now I am convinced that I am under-eating. With the amount of exercise Im doing, and based on my previous weight loss efforts, there is simply no reaosn I shouldnt be losing weight or inches. I have struggled to reach 1500 + my exercise calories, as that would require me to eat 1800-2300 calories a day. I am really going to focus on eating more without eating chips and junk and takeout. Its tough and expenseive to eat 1800 calories in fresh veggies, fruits, whole grains, etc. I haveb een focusing on eating healthy stuff that keeps me full...but then i have 400-500 cslories left over at the end of the day.
    Soo..long story short,...im going to try to focus on eating more to see if the scale will budge.
  • katbass
    Options
    Wow...after thinking about this some more, I looked at the Reports tab here on MFP. My BMR is 1550. Turns out, in the past 30 days, I have only hit 1500 calories TWICE. Every other day has been significantly short of my 1550 goal!
    I am off to eat more and keep pushing play!! Feels great to have a clue about how to fix this problem :tongue:

I am about to push play on Core Synergistics for the first time...wish me luck!
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    So how about if you changed your goals no MFP to maintain your current weight then you should eat the amount it gives you and then log your exercise? can you do it that way? if i put in my target is to maintain it tells me to eat 2090 calories thats to maintain without any exercise involved.

ok quick catch up from me but i just couldnt get my yoga on last night so i went out for a run instead - i cant believe the difference in stamina since the last time i ran (2 months ago now) it was amazing!

also didnt get to do core tonight because i've literally just sat down now and had my dinner! busy busy day!
  • ljd0693
    Options
    P90X Day 23 complete - Core Synergistics
    Duration: 01:01:05
    Calories: 530
    Fat Burn: 00:34:26
    Fitness: 00:26:08
    Average HR: 114
    Maximum HR: 155

Thank goodness for all the Ab Ripper days before doing this one!
  • VBtim180
    VBtim180 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    did the Core Synergistics yesterday. it was a nice break from the usual. very challenging. I burned massive calories. No exercise today though. Played 9 holes of golf in the 90+++ heat . I burned plenty of calories. night
  • ljd0693
    Options
    P90X Day 24 complete - Kenpo
    Duration: 00:57:11
    Calories: 515
    Fat Burn: 00:29:59
    Fitness: 00:27:12
    Average HR: 115
    Maximum HR: 131

Didn't do a very intense workout tonight but it still felt good.
  • katbass
    Options
    Ok, so its ONLY .4lbs, but its officially .4 lbs that are OFF my body! woohoo! Scale is finally going to start budging for me again :smile: I have hit my calorie goal (Net: 1500) or come super close in the last 3 days, and while I feel like I am constantly eating or planning my next meal, I am thrilled that my body is already taking notice. In fact, this is the first morning that I actually noticed a thinner tummy and possibly a smaller muffin-top as I weighed myself:tongue:

I did Kenpo yesterday. I am really happy that the workouts seem easier and less intense than they did that first week. They are still challenging, but not to the point where I want to give up.

Today is Stretch, and I think Im gonna try to add some treadmill time. We'll see how well my daughter cooperates with this plan :happy:

How is everyone else feeling? Tuesday is Day 30, right? Everyone planning on taking pics and measurements? I know I am!!
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Day 38 here. I'm doing an Insanity hybrid today though, so instead Yoga today, I'll do Cardio Recovery. I had Back and Biceps yesterday and LOVED IT.
  • FHWguy
    FHWguy Posts: 15
    Options
    23 - Core Synergistics done...

Pretty tough. I don't feel that I worked hard though since some of the moves were challenging and I had to watch for a number of the beginning reps.
  • ljd0693
    Options
    P90X Day 25 complete - Stretch
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have not done ANY workouts this week since I've been in Tennessee with the family and the only time we've been in the hotel is when it's time to go to sleep. So, I have walked my *kitten* off Monday and Tuesday because it's far easier to walk around in Gatlinburg than it is to drive because of all the people. Yet, Wednesday we went to Pigeon Forge, so we stayed in the car most of the time and I ate horribly that night during a dinner and show. But I did go on the Titanic exhibit they have there that took 2 hours to walk through, so maybe that counted for something. But tomorrow it is back on track and double time. I'm going to try to get in more than one excerise in the next 3 days so maybe I will be caught up.