P90X: Bringin' it! June-Sept

Options

Replies

• evelyn602
    evelyn602 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Day 23 done core synergetics!!! and ouch that was hard I watched it before but found it kind of akward but I like the burn and workout felt like it was going to do the job. I wish that was included in more of the schedule instead of recovery week only I would love to switch that with yoga I really don't mind yoga I can do it I just hate the 90 mins it comes with I got things to do and I prefer to work harder not longer lol

Ok, so its ONLY .4lbs, but its officially .4 lbs that are OFF my body! woohoo! Scale is finally going to start budging for me again :smile: I have hit my calorie goal (Net: 1500) or come super close in the last 3 days, and while I feel like I am constantly eating or planning my next meal, I am thrilled that my body is already taking notice. In fact, this is the first morning that I actually noticed a thinner tummy and possibly a smaller muffin-top as I weighed myself:tongue:

I did Kenpo yesterday. I am really happy that the workouts seem easier and less intense than they did that first week. They are still challenging, but not to the point where I want to give up.

Today is Stretch, and I think Im gonna try to add some treadmill time. We'll see how well my daughter cooperates with this plan :happy:

How is everyone else feeling? Tuesday is Day 30, right? Everyone planning on taking pics and measurements? I know I am!!

I'm glad you were able to figure out what was going and feeling better about the hard work!!! My end of week is next Thursday but me and the hubby both plan to take pics I know his will be good mines will be around the same going to think long term I got 60 days
  • FHWguy
    FHWguy Posts: 15
    Options
    24 - Kenpo. By far the most fun in the program thus far.

Saturday is only a stretch day. I guess that will make it easy for me to not skip :)
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    Ok so I have not done ANY workouts this week since I've been in Tennessee with the family and the only time we've been in the hotel is when it's time to go to sleep. So, I have walked my *kitten* off Monday and Tuesday because it's far easier to walk around in Gatlinburg than it is to drive because of all the people. Yet, Wednesday we went to Pigeon Forge, so we stayed in the car most of the time and I ate horribly that night during a dinner and show. But I did go on the Titanic exhibit they have there that took 2 hours to walk through, so maybe that counted for something. But tomorrow it is back on track and double time. I'm going to try to get in more than one excerise in the next 3 days so maybe I will be caught up.

i've been the same this week, managed to get out for a run on monday but thats been pretty much it (unless you count running around after 4 kids at a farm for 6 hours on wednesday - i dont think i sat down for more than 1 cup of coffee!)

so i managed to get in some kenpo today - i too love that one, i'm going to do the stretch tonight though because i think it will be nice to do, i've not done it yet!

tomorrow i'll do yoga and if i can i'll squeeze a run in and i'll probably run on sunday rather than doing the stretch as once again its a full day out of the house however i'll only be at the inlaws so i can totally go for a run.
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    P90X Day 26 complete - Core Synergistics
    Duration: 01:00:46
    Calories: 504
    Fat Burn: 00:39:49
    Fitness: 00:20:44
    Average HR: 111
    Maximum HR: 150

I sure didn't feel like doing P90X tonight but now I'm glad I pushed play anyway.
  • VBtim180
    VBtim180 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Core synergistics tonight. That is a good work out. Didnt feel like the yoga yesterday so I did the chest and back. love all those push ups. Pull ups.... not so much. But soon I will be able to do a few.
    Lost another pound this week. Really starting to lose the gutt. I had to buy some new shorts today.
    I guess I will post a few measurments on day 30.
  • ljd0693
    Options
    P90X Day 27 complete - Kenpo (instead of Yoga)
    Duration: 01:02:40
    Calories: 519
    Fat Burn: 00:36:09
    Fitness: 00:26:25
    Average HR: 110
    Maximum HR: 149
  • Ley2ndtry
    Options
    finally showing some weight loss measurements tomorrow but i'm showing 4lbs less than day 1!!!

might go out for a run later if weather permits
  • Ley2ndtry
    Options
    kat love your new pic x
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ley2!
    Our daughter is a little ham :tongue:

AWESOME job on the weight loss! 4lbs is a great loss, too!! Woohoooo!!

I think the Recovery Week was just what I needed to get me refocused and re-excited about P90X. We had birthday parties the last 2 days and were traveling all over the state of Florida, so I didnt get my workouts in, and I didnt eat so great, but I also didnt eat toooo terribly bad that I felt guilty or bad about it. I ate right to my maintenance level, so I didnt feel stuffed or gross. Im learning!:blushing:

I'm gonna run today, and look forward to getting back to the weights and hardcore workouts this week :bigsmile: Eric and I are going to take measurements on Tuesday. I can tell he's lost several inches, and I'll be surprised if I havent lost ANYTHING, especially around my thighs and tummy. They just "feel" thinner to me :smile:

Hope everyone enjoys a nice Sunday!
  • ljd0693
    Options
    P90X Day 28 complete - Stretch

Phase 1 is complete! On to Phase 2 now.
  • ddamato31
    ddamato31 Posts: 2
    Options
    Starting P90X with my wife tomorrow...looking forward to Day 1. My goal is to lose the burritos and beer I've consumed since college (i.e. 30lbs of fat, barley, and hops)!
  • FHWguy
    Options
    day 27 yoga done. Yesterday I did both day 25 and 26 (core first then stretch).

I think I pulled a core muscle as well at some point. Noticeable when I move, but not incredibly painful on the right side of my abs..
  • FHWguy
    Options
    Starting P90X with my wife tomorrow...looking forward to Day 1. My goal is to lose the burritos and beer I've consumed since college (i.e. 30lbs of fat, barley, and hops)!
    As a home brewer, I won't be giving up on the beer. Good luck to you and your wife though!
  • Ley2ndtry
    Options
    yay for phase 2! i'm gonna pick up the slack i've been feeling lately, yesterday (sunday) i went out for a run then cleaned my house like a mad woman to make up the cals (and of course it needed doing whilst the kids were not here)

today core was a blast but some reason i'm finding the hour workouts a struggle, i'm getting to 30 mins left and i'm finding it hard to get the head to "bring it"

anyways looking forward to trying out some new workouts! just in time to beat the boredom!
  • ddamato31
    ddamato31 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes. P90X - Day 1 Complete: My HRM indicates 1100 Cal, while my wifes was 716 Cal.??? I took us 1 hour :45 minutes to finish. I kept moving the whole time so I guess 635 Cal/hr. is reasonable. I've marked it as 700 Cal to play it safe.

What do you guys think?

We'll hit play on the Ab Ripper this evening...we feel great!!!

~D
  • cynthosfr
    cynthosfr Posts: 6
    Options
    Oh my God, started today with the p90x doubles routine! It was something but I just dnt feel thoz bands and I can't put a pull up bar on my doors! Anyway compensate by doing as many push up as I can so far 25! Thoz dive bomber pushup, I found them so tricky cannot do more than five lol...by the end of 90 days I have to be able to do 100 stand pushups, have a bet wit my boyfriend ggrrrr BRING IT hahahaha
  • ljd0693
    Options
    Here is another site you might want to look at so that you can win that bet.

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html
    by the end of 90 days I have to be able to do 100 stand pushups, have a bet wit my boyfriend ggrrrr BRING IT hahahaha
  • ljd0693
    Options
    P90X Day 29 complete - Chest, Shoulder, Triceps and Ab Ripper
    Duration: 01:18:46
    Calories: 582
    Fat Burn: 01:06:39
    Fitness: 00:11:10
    Average HR: 107
    Maximum HR: 154

Whew, you really feel this one when you are done!
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow...chest, shoulders, tris and ab ripper is an intense night! All those pushups are killer!
    I'll be honest, there are some that I didnt even attempt because I KNEW I couldnt do a one-armed pushup. I like the tricep moves a lot, and can feel them burning.
    I also could do much more of the ab ripper than I could 30 days ago. I dont do all the reps, and sorta felt like I might break in half at one point...but I will keep trying it. :)

Today is supposed to be plyo. I like that workout, but I miss running, so I might run today instead.

We took 30 day pics and measurements.
    Im not excited about my results thus far, but am hopeful to see some changes in the next 30 days. We'll see!
  • Ley2ndtry
    Options
    Decided to go for a run tonight instead of cardio workout - 42 mins running 5.5 miles (i'm a new runner) 679cals burnt!