[closed group] Team Yellow Submarine

Options

Replies

• vladikavkaz
    vladikavkaz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Here's me from a while back running round the emirates.

russjog.jpg

Obviously I was running so fast, the camera couldn't keep up with me
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I've just messaged the capatin of Hull yeah to kidnap their top burning shipmate for the weekend. They are 2 places infront of us at the moment.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. Here are some updates/requests/actions

1. If you have not kept your line on the spreadsheet up to date, please catch up!! The boxes turn red when you get behind!
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tvljx5heimJ0uJKFt7mtX-w&authkey=CLv4uZcJ&hl=en_US#gid=0
    2. Vote for you favourite "rowing photo" of the week
    3. Next week's challenges are for us to pick one "rest/water" day and one "triple" day. Please let me know which you would prefer.

Let's go team YELLOW SUBMARINE!

1. I'm all up to date
    2. My fave photo is caligirl's just because karate is well cool
    3. Rest day = Saturday Triple day = Sunday

A few questions for folks
    - Kate, how did you get on with the kidnaps? Let me know how many cals we got for each day
    - Bullly - how are you doing? How is your foot? ETA on when you might be up and in action again? Take care
    - Did some of you receive your "little prizes"?
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    My computer dies yesterday, my daughter poured a whole mug of tea into it! Had to go and buy a new one today.
    Our kidnap miles from Hull Yeah for yesterday are 20.66

I'm up to date
    vladikavkaz has my picture vote. Sorry I never got around to taking mine. Will try to post one soon.
    Rest day Wed
    Tripple day Mon

I did recieve my prise earlier in the week. It did have an under paid postage sticker on it, but the postie just pushed it through, so maybe thats why not everyone has had theirs?
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    I did recieve my prise earlier in the week. It did have an under paid postage sticker on it, but the postie just pushed it through, so maybe thats why not everyone has had theirs?

Oops I thought a 1st class stamp would be more than enough!
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Leila, do we have to choose our rest/triple days as a team or individually?
    If anyone has the link to the row ticker please can you post if for me. I had it saved on my old computer but can't get on there to copy it since it died. Thanks!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    1. Up to date
    2. My fave photo is captain leilaphoenixs
    3. Rest day = Tuesday Triple day = Friday
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    We have to choose our triple day(s) and water day as a team I think. Also there are three triple days! and one water day!!

My votes:
    Triple days - Tuesday, Friday, Sunday
    Water day - Thursday
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been offline for a few days.... my Mum took a fall while visiting us this week and so I've been dealing with that, not been at work so couldn't get online. As a result I'm sorry but I haven't been able to burn as much as I would have liked, but I'm back at it this week now, and will update the spreadsheet this morning.

My vote for the picture was Vladikavkaz
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Hey everyone.

Caligirl - I hope your Mum is alright. *hugs*

We have three triple days this week
    - Tuesday
    - Thursday
    - Saturday

so try and go for it on those days

We have one water/rest day
    - Friday

So if you are out for a couple of beers/cocktails on Friday night make sure you get your water in too :)

xxx
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Sorry I've been offline for a few days.... my Mum took a fall while visiting us this week and so I've been dealing with that, not been at work so couldn't get online. As a result I'm sorry but I haven't been able to burn as much as I would have liked, but I'm back at it this week now, and will update the spreadsheet this morning.

My vote for the picture was Vladikavkaz

I hope your mum is ok xxx
  • Kate_UK
    Options

We have three triple days this week
    - Tuesday
    - Thursday
    - Saturday

so try and go for it on those days

We have one water/rest day
    - Friday

So if you are out for a couple of beers/cocktails on Friday night make sure you get your water in too :)

xxx

I'd better get moving then!
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.... Mum is OK now, she has her hand in a cast, no lasting damage done, just very shaken up... Next time she comes to visit, I'm leaving town, this trip has been one dilemma after another, LOL.
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Leila, the kidnap millage for Sunday is 16.
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Hi folks. The bad news is that we've lost marmitegirly2. She sent me a message today saying that she has been having a tough time and feels like she is letting the team down and wanted to quit the boat. Despite my objections that's what she has decided to do. *SALUTE*

The good news is that Bullly's foot is on the mend and I've seen him up and about doing some light walking. Hopefully we can add him back in to the challenge and keep his sub Danny on, to replace Marmitegirly.

I know this is a long challenge folks but STICK WITH IT. We are getting there. Thanks to everyone who has been logging in and pushing hard for us. I hope you are still enjoying it and let me know if there is anything I can do to make it more fun,

Leila x
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Sorry to hear we've had another sailor washed over board :o(

We're over a quarter of the way there! Austrailia next stop!
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    I feel like I need to apologise for my low calorie burns these days.

I'm fasting Ramadan and the most I can do these days is about 400,maybe slightly more on some days when I'm more energetic.. It's only for another 3 weeks though and then I'll be back to my normal pattern. I will try to do as much as possible,but it's a bit difficult to do a lot more.

Just so you all know what's going on :)
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    I feel like I need to apologise for my low calorie burns these days.

I'm fasting Ramadan and the most I can do these days is about 400,maybe slightly more on some days when I'm more energetic.. It's only for another 3 weeks though and then I'll be back to my normal pattern. I will try to do as much as possible,but it's a bit difficult to do a lot more.

Just so you all know what's going on :)

Your doing great Sarah, I don't think I'd be able to do anything if I wasn't eating durning day xxx
  • Bullly
    Bullly Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. Here are some updates/requests/actions

1. If you have not kept your line on the spreadsheet up to date, please catch up!! The boxes turn red when you get behind!
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tvljx5heimJ0uJKFt7mtX-w&authkey=CLv4uZcJ&hl=en_US#gid=0
    2. Vote for you favourite "rowing photo" of the week
    3. Next week's challenges are for us to pick one "rest/water" day and one "triple" day. Please let me know which you would prefer.

Let's go team YELLOW SUBMARINE!

1. I'm all up to date
    2. My fave photo is caligirl's just because karate is well cool
    3. Rest day = Saturday Triple day = Sunday

A few questions for folks
    - Kate, how did you get on with the kidnaps? Let me know how many cals we got for each day
    - Bullly - how are you doing? How is your foot? ETA on when you might be up and in action again? Take care
    - Did some of you receive your "little prizes"?

Hi Folks. Bullly has entered the building!

Slow progress but I'm hopping about quite nicely now! No running yet, but lots of walking!!!

Re the prize. I have to go to the collecting office this weekend :-)

So, row row row your boat....
  • vladikavkaz
    vladikavkaz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi all, back from hols now, thank's Leila for keeping my scores updated for the week.

Can everyone stay in the centre of the boat from now on, these waves seem to be sweeping lots of us over the side!

If we're still voting, I'll go for Caligirl's as well.

Cheers
    Russell