[closed group] Team Yellow Submarine

Options

Replies

• vladikavkaz
    vladikavkaz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    make sure you rest it fully before coming back to the rowing benches.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I hope that the op goes smoothly and recovery is quick and pain free xxx
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Some more updates!
    - Monday and Friday are double days this week
    - Wednesday is "water Wednesday". We get an extra 10 miles for every glass of water we consume on Wednesday (up to a max of 9 per person). This is an easy task so I'm expecting everyone to max this one out - we could get a big boost from this. There is an extra column in the spreadsheet to track this.
    - Saturday and Sunday are kidnap days (Kate_UK is responsible for this one)
    - We have a new boatmate, swaymyway - please add her as a friend and welcome her on to the boat
    - Bullly. I'm sorry to hear about your legs. We might need to think of a sagotage style task for you while you rest up :)

This week's mini-challenge for the Yellow Submarine is to upload a photo to the message board of you "rowing". This means uploading a photo of you doing whatever the exercise it is that you are doing to contribute to the row. For me, it'll probably be a cycling photo. Next week we will vote on the best photo and there will be a prize for the winner. Make sure you get a photo up on the message board at some point during the week.
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Bike.bmp
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hello all - I'm your new teammate! I was looking for a new challenge so happy to be onboard.

I'm afraid I don't burn crazy calories these days as I am close to my goal weight and have been at this whole weight loss thing for a long time - but I'm consistent, I log on to Myfitnesspal every day and work out 6 days a week - so hopefully I will be a useful contributor to the team :)

Briefly about me - I am 31, from the UK (Derbyshire, originally West Yorkshire), live with my fiance who's very supportive, no kids or pets, work from home as a freelance writer. I have lost just shy of 100lbs since starting out on my journey and just have a handful more I'd like to lose. I love to run, swim and cycle and am currently following the Turbofire exercise plan :)

I'm going to add my calories for the last week or so to the spreadsheet now and then read up on this thread so I can get a better understanding of how it all works and what's going on with you guys.

x
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Great photo challenge Leila, I love your pics! I'll have to draft hubby in to help and find something other than my grotty old work out clothes to wear!

Welcome Swaymyway! Congratulations on a fantastic loss, welcome abord!
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Welcome on board :)
    work from home as a freelance writer

Cool. I do some freelance writing too. What kind of thing do you do? x
  • vladikavkaz
    Options
    Love the pink hooter...

If I don't get a chance to make something before the end of the week, here's a t-shirt caption I've seen recently.

308720486v3_480x480_Front.jpg
  • vladikavkaz
    Options
    double post somehow..
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Wow so the spreadsheet has got quite colourful.

Here is what you need to know about folks

If you have RED boxes alongside your name, this means you need to catch up on filling in your calories. You can change the box back to yellow once you have updated it.

Bullly has gone BLUE because he is in sick bay with skurvey-toe. I'm currently recruiting a sub for the sub until he gets better.

We have welcomed wjholder and swaymyway to replace some lost shipmates.
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    The colours are a great idea leila.

Bullly, how are you feet? xxx

Sorry guys, no burn from me today. My wrists and knees appear to be protesting about the extra strength training I've been doing. I was hoping they'd feel better by this evening so I could do something around now, but they are still sore and I don't want to risk injury. So with tomorrow being water day (drink up everyone) I'll have 2 days to rest and put in some big burns for the end of the week.
  • vladikavkaz
    Options
    so I've always wondered how much is a 'cup'?
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    so I've always wondered how much is a 'cup'?

A measuring cup. You can buy them in many supermarkets. I personally only list by the weight of something.
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    1 Cup is equal to 8oz.....its a common US measurement :)
  • vladikavkaz
    Options
    ok, so 1 US cup is 236 ml.
  • Bullly
    Bullly Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The colours are a great idea leila.

Bullly, how are you feet? xxx

Sorry guys, no burn from me today. My wrists and knees appear to be protesting about the extra strength training I've been doing. I was hoping they'd feel better by this evening so I could do something around now, but they are still sore and I don't want to risk injury. So with tomorrow being water day (drink up everyone) I'll have 2 days to rest and put in some big burns for the end of the week.

So an update from the sickbay.

I've spent the past 2 days on my back with my foot up. The bleeding has almost stopped but not quite. Have to keep the padding on for another day. I'm being looked after too well. Too many calories in and zero out. When I'm back I'm sure I will have put my weight back on and have to hit it hard again. Still recovery first.

Row hard everyone!

Karl
    Aka Bullly
  • dannysilvestre
    Options
    Hello everyone :D

Am Danny, and am subs. for bully, that's on a leave due to an operation.

xx
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    So here is my "rowing" photo...I couldn't get an actual picture of me doing karate, so its a little posed, but you get the idea :)

IMAG0184.jpg
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Caligirl - awesome photo :D

Come on folks - I want to see your photos before the week is out! xx
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Here's my submission - setting off on a 9 mile bike ride around Carsington water in the lovely sun (wish I'd worn shorts, hot hot hot!!).

photo3.jpg