30 Day Shred Group - July

Options

Replies

• jenniferfelice
    Options
    Done Level 2!!! Level 3 starting tomorrow or the next day (going to the Royal Ontario Museum with the bf tomorrow and don't know when I'll be home)...10 days left!!!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I was doing great, lost 6lbs and 2inches in my waist from 11 days of doing the shred. Then an old knee injury decided to come back. So I haven't worked out for maybe a week now. I need physical therapy. =/ The dr said as soon as my knee feels better I can try to work out again (as long as i take 3 ibuprofen, 3 times daily... that's 9 a day if I want to work out!) *sigh* I'm feeling a little discouraged! I'm suppose to be on day 18, and the last day i did was 11!... Should I start over? Should I put up where I left off?

And that's saying, if I can even do it at all. *Sigh*
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Man oh man. The more this day goes on, the more my body just says "ouch!" I am so sore around the the ab and rib cage area..something must be working, right?? It's early yet, but Im ready to hit the sheets. Goodnight everyone!
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    D4L2 ouch! my legs.
    I'm having problems with the plank exercises. My floor is kinda slippery, and me sweating doesn't help. *sigh*

Get some of that shelf liner, the non slip kind. Cut out pieces to go under your feet, and hands if you have to. Or use a rubber exercise mat! :)

Shelf liner of course! thanks for the idea, today was great!
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    These legs are going to be sore tomorrow. And arms too. We'll see. Goodnight all.
  • TinaWil6
    TinaWil6 Posts: 5
    Options
    This is my first week on MFP. I started 30DS tonight. I do an hour of Zumba on Mondays and an hour of core/cardio/circuit (whatever the trainer says) on Tuesday and Thursday. I am so past ready to see some real changes in my body. I think I can do my group workouts on Mon, Tues, and Thurs and add the 30DS every day since it is ONLY (wink, wink) 20 min. Come on 'my fitness pals' give me a push...
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    This is my first week on MFP. I started 30DS tonight. I do an hour of Zumba on Mondays and an hour of core/cardio/circuit (whatever the trainer says) on Tuesday and Thursday. I am so past ready to see some real changes in my body. I think I can do my group workouts on Mon, Tues, and Thurs and add the 30DS every day since it is ONLY (wink, wink) 20 min. Come on 'my fitness pals' give me a push...

Go for it!! I've still been running with the program! And just starting walking, while pushing 100lbs worth of kids in stroller, on every other day! You can do it!
  • Dabbles
    Options
    D4L2 ouch! my legs.
    I'm having problems with the plank exercises. My floor is kinda slippery, and me sweating doesn't help. *sigh*

Get some of that shelf liner, the non slip kind. Cut out pieces to go under your feet, and hands if you have to. Or use a rubber exercise mat! :)

Shelf liner of course! thanks for the idea, today was great!

Excellent!! Plank have to be my most fav of all workouts! Don't want you to miss out on them lol
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Did D6L1 last night and still had lots of energy so thought I would try Level 2. Got through it with alot of fumbling and my body is mighty sore today. Was a really good workout.

I have really bad knees so I incorporate low impact to the cardio movements with the addition of arms to make sure my heart rate gets up. I would rather do this and keep going than to have to stop because of knee injuries.

Keep up the shred,
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    woohoo level 3, only 10 days to go.

But wow this is hard, not long till the end.
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Lvl 2. Getting stronger each day. Everyone's doing great.
  • Cherilea
    Options
    Day 4 Lvl 2. Getting stronger each day. Everyone's doing great.

I agree! Today I did more of the high impact stuff and had very few rests. Im getting there! We are ALL getting there!! I wish there was a cheerleader smiley !:heart:
  • mrswiley07
    mrswiley07 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Due to uncontrollable reasons, I have not worked out everyday for the last week. However, I did still managed to lose 3.8lbs. But, this has not been good due to the fact that I was on Day 4 of Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred. Well, things are back to normal now and I will start back working out everyday, but do I have to start all the way over from the beginning? Or can I just start Level 2 over?
  • roxypoptart
    roxypoptart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i just started day 1 level 1 if you want to be friends add me maybe we can support eachother! i was very surpised how hard it was i thought i was in atleast OK shape....NOT SO MUCH!!! :embarassed: :embarassed:
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hello! Today was D2 of L2, and I'm so happy that I am least not as sore as I was after D1 L1! The plank moves are killer, and I had to switch from 5 lb weights to 1.5 lb weights for the third circuit of strength. I'm really starting to feel the difference though!
  • Cherilea
    Options
    Well, things are back to normal now and I will start back working out everyday, but do I have to start all the way over from the beginning? Or can I just start Level 2 over?

I would start at Level 2 unless you think you need a refresher course. :smile:
  • Dabbles
    Options
    I'm halfway done! Day 5 of lvl 2 today! I think I'll take some pics tomorrow and compare. Then pics at the end. I ran today before I worked out, and cut grass with push mower before I ran. I can really tell my muscles are readjusting and my endurance as well. Those first few days really drained my legs of energy! I couldn't even run 2 miles because they were so weak. But today that all changed! Looking forward to these last 5 days of lvl 2 then jumping up to lvl 3!! Woohoo!
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    Done with Day 3 :) Improvement in endurance is all I'm seeing but hey its improvement :) cant wait to be able to move onto the next level woo
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Due to uncontrollable reasons, I have not worked out everyday for the last week. However, I did still managed to lose 3.8lbs. But, this has not been good due to the fact that I was on Day 4 of Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred. Well, things are back to normal now and I will start back working out everyday, but do I have to start all the way over from the beginning? Or can I just start Level 2 over?

I would probably do Lvl 1 for a couple odf days just to get back into it, then move on to Lvl 2. Congrats on losing 3.8 lbs.
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Wow we are all doing so well :drinker:
    I am about to do day 21 ( I am officially 2 days behind now) my lovely hubbie got me some weights friday so yesterday and today I have done level 1 with 2kg weights (as opposed to 415g cans of beans) ouchie :tongue:
    I have not even sneaked a peak but I will be starting level 3 tomorrow :frown:
    Keep it up everyone