diet soda is HORRIBLE

Options

Replies

• Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

I find it funny all the people saying "Oh well we are all gonna die anyways"
    With that type of attitude why are you even trying to lose weight? Go get yourself a greasy burger and some fries and enjoy life!! Gonna die anyways...

Sex and living forever are among my top 3.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Bottom line, you probably shouldn't ingest anything unnatural that God didn't intend for us to ingest. Half of the ingredients in our food aren't even food. It's not just diet soda and artificial sweeteners, and how many abstain from everything unnatural? The natural cemetaries in Germany are having problems with the bodies not decomposing (they don't embalm over there) due to all the medications and preservatives in a persons body. I look at it this way, take care of your self the best way you can and that is all you can do. You can avoid diet soda your whole life only to have a piano fall on you. When it's your time it's your time.

Ok....let me reword it for all of you atheists and close minded individuals......ANYTHING manmade, had I said it that way in the first place no one would have said anything!!!!!!!!! There.....happy? The conversation wasn't about God it was about food, people!!!!! Can't people read between the lines are or they so afraid that someone is stepping on their toes....good grief. no wonder our country is in the state it is in...ooops i might offend someone if I speak my mind, heat up those gas chambers folks!!!! I really don't care who I offend.And just so you know I happen to believe in GOD.

umadbunny.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWE bunny!!!! :D I love bunnies!

And diet soda. I drink a couple a week.

I wasn't planning on living forever anyway. That's really not up to me. :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't have enough saved for retirement if I plan to be immortal.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I hate sweeteners, especially aspartame. It makes me nauseous and jittery. I am lucky because I *like* water and DESPISE soda, diet or otherwise. I think the big problem is that in this country, we tend to overdo things. *A* diet soda is not going to kill you. Drinking 8 of them a day instead of 8 glasses of water - probably not going to kill you (at least not immediately), but probably not so good for you. Moderation is best in everything.
  • TheDeviation
    TheDeviation Posts: 149
    Options
    Sensationalism strikes again. Will it ever end?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    oHhhhhh noez I finna die
    Diet soda killed my dog.
    I don't know why you're all laughing, diet drinks are a serious issue over here. They're the number one cause of alcoholism, drug abuse, and knife crime in this country. The diet pepsi vs. diet coke gang wars have become so extreme that people are too scared to leave their houses for fear of being caught in the crossfire.
    Personally, I believe chihuahuas are a far greater threat to man than diet soda.

Especially when salad is involved.
    I don't even drink soda and I am terrified. What if a can of diet soda breaks into my apartment and tries to kill me as I sleep? *fretfully wrings hands*
    I don't have enough saved for retirement if I plan to be immortal.

All tied for best posts in this thread. :drinker:
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    100% of all diet soda drinkers will die. Fact!

That's true. All humans die, even the ones who don't drink diet soda.

You think???
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Flapjacks made with splenda are rank. BTW.
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    The FDA is corrupt. They allow certain things to be legal, such as aspartame and sucralose, because it is controlled by the government, which wants to make money. Cigarettes are legal because the government makes a lot of money off of them (cigarette sales and medical bills when the harmful effects kick in). The government nor does the FDA care about your personal well-being.
    Your tinfoil hat is restricting blood flow to your brain.

ROFL! I must remember this
  • mielikkibz
    Options
    100% of all diet soda drinkers will die. Fact!
    100% of everyone who drinks oxygen will die. FACT!! Hold your breath guys!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Actually, the American Diabetic Association lobbied for the ban on aspartame to be lifted after the FDA found links to bladder cancer in rats and it was taken off the market. At the time it was the only artificial sweetener available. Originally those pink packets had warning labels, but after years without being able to replicate that data and seeing no instances of the linkage in humans, the warning label was taken off.

Truth bomb! BOOM!
  • mielikkibz
    Options
    <,Bottom line, you probably shouldn't ingest anything unnatural that God didn't intend for us to ingest>>

Easioly solved, I don't believe in God, so I'll eat what i want :)
  • mynameisnutz
    mynameisnutz Posts: 123
    Options
    No. YOU are missing MY point.

FDA claiming aspartame is safe =/= legalizing cigarettes. No one in the government is saying cigarettes are safe; in fact they are legally obligated to put a warning on every carton saying there is a health risk involved with smoking.

You are pretending the ruling regarding cigarettes has ANY bearing in determining the safety of aspartame even though cigarettes are recognized by the government as being dangerous. You, and the other poster, conveniently overlook that fact.

OMG I have told you multiple times I do not think the cigarette rulings have anything to do with aspartame, and was simply using them as an example of the fact that there is a possibility for corruption in the government, therefore demonstrating that it is not completely insane to have beliefs about government conspiracies. I am NOT defending the other poster's argument, and you will see that I just posted a American Cancer Society link that states aspartame is safe. My point this whole time was that you should post evidence if you have a problem with someone's argument, not just insult their personal character and call them crazy because they are misinformed combined with having an unconventional belief in government corruption or whatever.

I have made this as clear as I can, and if you STILL don't understand the point I am actually trying to make I'm just going to assume you're a troll and move on. O_o

TL;DR - Let's all be nice to each other.

Did you just TL;DR yourself?!
  • gaily_68
    gaily_68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Be careful what you believe. One of the articles you posted a link to is not even about DIET sodas, it is about REGULAR sodas. According to my doctor, diet sodas are like most everything else...can be harmful if abused. The "association" with diet sodas is not a "cause". You could also say that all those people affected drank water & associate it with drinking water. Moderation is the key with anything! My doctor told me to limit any kind of soda to a maximum of 1 per day....since I only do about 1 or 2 a week, I think I'm safe. :-)
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Is this why the first three letters in DIET are DIE?

Oh well. I guess I will just switch to beer.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Be careful what you believe. One of the articles you posted a link to is not even about DIET sodas, it is about REGULAR sodas. According to my doctor, diet sodas are like most everything else...can be harmful if abused. The "association" with diet sodas is not a "cause". You could also say that all those people affected drank water & associate it with drinking water. Moderation is the key with anything! My doctor told me to limit any kind of soda to a maximum of 1 per day....since I only do about 1 or 2 a week, I think I'm safe. :-)

Yep...correlation does not equal causation. Just like....cities with more high schools have more people in jail. True...but does not equal causation...they just happen to be correlated because obviously a larger city will have more high schools, and also more people that could possibly end up in jail.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Okay okay now for something on topic:
    The AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY says Aspartame is safe. :P I think they know their stuff....

http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerCauses/OtherCarcinogens/AtHome/aspartame

From this site:

"Many studies have looked for health effects in lab animals fed aspartame, often in doses higher than 4,000 mg/kg per day over their lifetimes. These studies have not found any health problems that are consistently linked with aspartame."

and:
    "Most studies in people have not found that aspartame use is linked to an increased risk of cancer. "

Just to remind people again :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Actually, the American Diabetic Association lobbied for the ban on aspartame to be lifted after the FDA found links to bladder cancer in rats and it was taken off the market. At the time it was the only artificial sweetener available. Originally those pink packets had warning labels, but after years without being able to replicate that data and seeing no instances of the linkage in humans, the warning label was taken off.

Truth bomb! BOOM!

I remember being little and adding Sweet & Low to my iced tea, and showing my Mom the packet, saying "Look Mom! Am I gonna get cancer now?!"
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

Truth bomb! BOOM!

I remember being little and adding Sweet & Low to my iced tea, and showing my Mom the packet, saying "Look Mom! Am I gonna get cancer now?!"

Haha, yup! And it's not there anymore.

Great job on the weight loss btw! :)