diet soda is HORRIBLE

Options

Replies

• Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

Ok....let me reword it for all of you atheists and close minded individuals......ANYTHING manmade, had I said it that way in the first place no one would have said anything!!!!!!!!! There.....happy? The conversation wasn't about God it was about food, people!!!!! Can't people read between the lines are or they so afraid that someone is stepping on their toes....good grief. no wonder our country is in the state it is in...ooops i might offend someone if I speak my mind, heat up those gas chambers folks!!!! I really don't care who I offend.And just so you know I happen to believe in GOD.

I knowww. It's sooo super upsetting when someone mentions that your statement isn't relevant to their beliefs. It makes me like, furious. Are you all happy now? This conversation wasn't about GOD, it was about FOOD, people!!!!!!!!!! This country is certainly in a rut what with people having to bring their beliefs into EVERY conversation! Like seriously can't closed minded(yeah, now you're going to get offended because I went there, even though you went there first.) and religious people stop assuming that it's okay to step on religious/atheist/pantheist minorities toes because they are minorities, when these same majority religious people are the ones crying that their toes are being crushed when those minorities are allowed to speak their minds?!! Can't people get along or are they so afraid of people with different beliefs... good grief. No wonder people have to redact their posts when they're just noting that someone is bringing their beliefs into a discussion that has nothing to do with it! Ooooops I might offend someone if I mention that I don't share their beliefs, start up those inquisitions folks!!! I really don't care who I offend either, and just so you know, what god, deity. or lack thereof I believe in isn't at all relevant to this post nor artificial sweeteners. :laugh: kthx
    ((btw I will not retract this because it is no more offensive than the person I am replying to. I am making a point, and that point is just to stop assuming everyone believes the same thing as you, stop bringing it into unrelated discussions, and stop getting mad when atheists/muslims/buddhists/scientologists/agnostics/pastafarians simply mention your argument is not relevant to those who do not share your beliefs... either stop mentioning your own beliefs, or quit with the double standards and stop getting upset when someone disagrees with you. The last poster's religion and many others are supposed to be about love and tolerance... :heart: ))
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Sometimes trolls can be good entertainment.

And I have to wonder, do computers give you cancer?

No but cell phones do. :)
  • Kent_Wayne
    Kent_Wayne Posts: 21
    Options
    I really don't care who I offend.And just so you know I happen to believe in GOD.

I used to have imaginary friends too. But don't go telling everyone about them or they'll think you're crazy.
  • Chuckw40
    Chuckw40 Posts: 201
    Options
    The FDA is corrupt. They allow certain things to be legal, such as aspartame and sucralose, because it is controlled by the government, which wants to make money. Cigarettes are legal because the government makes a lot of money off of them (cigarette sales and medical bills when the harmful effects kick in). The government nor does the FDA care about your personal well-being.

Oh... is that why it's legal?? I thought it was because America is the land of the free where the government trusts us adults to make MOST of our own decisions (when said decisions are not yet proven to be fatal) regarding our ow bodies. Hmmmm.

I switched from regular soda to diet soda 6 months ago. So far I have had no negative side effects. Plus: I've lost 40 pounds. At 127 pounds, I am no longer over weight. Haven't died, yet.

If everyone quit smoking today many states would be bankrupt in a very short time. Think about it, they have no problem making marijuana illegal right here in the land of the free. How many people have you heard of that died from smoking weed?

Think about that...:drinker:
  • Chuckw40
    Chuckw40 Posts: 201
    Options

Ok....let me reword it for all of you atheists and close minded individuals......ANYTHING manmade, had I said it that way in the first place no one would have said anything!!!!!!!!! There.....happy? The conversation wasn't about God it was about food, people!!!!! Can't people read between the lines are or they so afraid that someone is stepping on their toes....good grief. no wonder our country is in the state it is in...ooops i might offend someone if I speak my mind, heat up those gas chambers folks!!!! I really don't care who I offend.And just so you know I happen to believe in GOD.

I knowww. It's sooo super upsetting when someone mentions that your statement isn't relevant to their beliefs. It makes me like, furious. Are you all happy now? This conversation wasn't about GOD, it was about FOOD, people!!!!!!!!!! This country is certainly in a rut what with people having to bring their beliefs into EVERY conversation! Like seriously can't closed minded(yeah, now you're going to get offended because I went there, even though you went there first.) and religious people stop assuming that it's okay to step on religious/atheist/pantheist minorities toes because they are minorities, when these same majority religious people are the ones crying that their toes are being crushed when those minorities are allowed to speak their minds?!! Can't people get along or are they so afraid of people with different beliefs... good grief. No wonder people have to redact their posts when they're just noting that someone is bringing their beliefs into a discussion that has nothing to do with it! Ooooops I might offend someone if I mention that I don't share their beliefs, start up those inquisitions folks!!! I really don't care who I offend either, and just so you know, what god, deity. or lack thereof I believe in isn't at all relevant to this post nor artificial sweeteners. :laugh: kthx
    ((btw I will not retract this because it is no more offensive than the person I am replying to. I am making a point, and that point is just to stop assuming everyone believes the same thing as you, stop bringing it into unrelated discussions, and stop getting mad when atheists/muslims/buddhists/scientologists/agnostics/pastafarians simply mention your argument is not relevant to those who do not share your beliefs... either stop mentioning your own beliefs, or quit with the double standards and stop getting upset when someone disagrees with you. The last poster's religion and many others are supposed to be about love and tolerance... :heart: ))

I think I'm in love!!!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I read the first post, and then skipped to one on the last page.

It went from soda being bad for you, to gas chambers and religion.

I can't wait to read the middle. :laugh:

*grabs popcorn*
  • mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    If everyone quit smoking today many states would be bankrupt in a very short time. Think about it, they have no problem making marijuana illegal right here in the land of the free. How many people have you heard of that died from smoking weed?

Think about that...:drinker:
    Chuckw40? More like Chuck420.
  • LOLmerrill
    LOLmerrill Posts: 43
    Options
    Bottom line, you probably shouldn't ingest anything unnatural that God didn't intend for us to ingest. Half of the ingredients in our food aren't even food. It's not just diet soda and artificial sweeteners, and how many abstain from everything unnatural? The natural cemetaries in Germany are having problems with the bodies not decomposing (they don't embalm over there) due to all the medications and preservatives in a persons body. I look at it this way, take care of your self the best way you can and that is all you can do. You can avoid diet soda your whole life only to have a piano fall on you. When it's your time it's your time.

umadbunny.jpg

9k1b93.jpg

thisthisthis
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    That's pretty insulting, to lump us all together like that.
  • Umeboshi
    Options
    That's pretty insulting, to lump us all together like that.

My bad. The slashes were kinda an and/or thing.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I read the first post, and then skipped to one on the last page.

It went from soda being bad for you, to gas chambers and religion.

I can't wait to read the middle. :laugh:

*grabs popcorn*

That's not artificially flavored popcorn, is it?
    *Calls food police and ambulance*
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    So many lulz
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you're all laughing, diet drinks are a serious issue over here. They're the number one cause of alcoholism, drug abuse, and knife crime in this country. The diet pepsi vs. diet coke gang wars have become so extreme that people are too scared to leave their houses for fear of being caught in the crossfire.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MarielElizabeth
    Options
    YES I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT. ASPARTAME is the reason why so many people are having early heart attacks, strokes, signs of cancer, etc. I work with a ton of doctors and they really think aspartame is doing it. Its poison ! I drank it all the time and I gave it up just recently because of this.
    Diet soda is the #1 killer in America, AND WE WON'T EVEN ADMIT IT!

Look at all these articles linking it to so many horrible diseases.

http://fyiliving.com/diet/nutrition/is-diet-cola-really-bad-to-the-bone/

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/HeartHealth/diet-soda-linked-heart-attack-stroke-risk/story?id=12868269

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/pancreatic-cancer/news/20100208/pancreatic-cancer-linked-sodas

You're all going to die if you keep drinking this crap!
  • mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    YES I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT. ASPARTAME is the reason why so many people are having early heart attacks, strokes, signs of cancer, etc. I work with a ton of doctors and they really think aspartame is doing it. Its poison ! I drank it all the time and I gave it up just recently because of this.
    Sounds like you should try to surround yourself with more credible doctors.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    wth.. "You are all going to die" you are like the crazy Jesus guy preaching the end of the world.

Hahahaha this is exactly what I thought!!!!!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    You ingest chorine anytime you eat anything with salt in it noway

It's CHLORINE, for one, and two, that's sodium CHLORIDE. Chemistry, learn it. Different things. ChloRINE when ingested is a carcinogen, no different than smoking a cigarette. Specifically, it's been used in poisonous gases (read: bombs).

Not gonna argue chemistry here but the fact is that sucralose/Splenda and all of these artificial faux sweeteners are NOT no calorie and that's why the person who said about cutting it out of your diet can make a difference. This is because in a cup of the artificial sweetener, there's about 100 calories. Sure, in a can of soda there wouldn't be a cup of fake sugar, BUT when you drink multiple diet sodas per day and add in the "sugar free" jello and "sugar free" canned fruits and "sugar free" candy... it can easily add up to a cup. Those dieting people don't add in those 100 calories, at least I wouldn't think they would because they think it's diet! So it fudges up your daily calorie intake.

Table Salt = Sodium Chloride
    Sodium Chloride = NaCl
    Na = Sodium
    Cl = Chlorine

Chemistry, Learn it

Technically, yes... but whenever salt is in solution, it is.... Na.... Cl....(separated into ions) not NaCl.... so, it really all depends on what you're talking about here.

EDIT: And I'm not saying anything about anything else that's being discussed in here. :P
  • Umeboshi
    Options
    I don't know why you're all laughing, diet drinks are a serious issue over here. They're the number one cause of alcoholism, drug abuse, and knife crime in this country. The diet pepsi vs. diet coke gang wars have become so extreme that people are too scared to leave their houses for fear of being caught in the crossfire.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll just leave this here....
    bCr26.jpg
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I didn't read any of those links but I try to stay away from anything with Aspartame in it.
    I have switched my sugar substitute in my morning coffee to Truvia or other sweeteners that do not contain aspartame in it.
    I also stay away from soda or anything with carbination in it. I think it hinders the weight loss

I would love to use Stevia plant as a sweetner but I need to do online research and find out how to use it! I agree with you -- I think the bloating from all the carbonation is bad enough.

You can get it in powder and in liquid in a glycerin base. The liquid glycerin base stevia I bought had a slight bitter after taste but the powdered one was great. There has also been some reported problems with stevia especially for men's reproduction. I think this is with the processed form of it not the plant itself. It's been so long since I've read up on it by I found this article if anyone is interested. http://www.cspinet.org/nah/4_00/stevia.html

Agave is very low on the glycemic index and I love honey too.

I think moderation and waying out options is important. I love Fresca but I try to keep it down to a few times a week instead of everyday. I can't drink coffee which I adore. :(
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I find it funny all the people saying "Oh well we are all gonna die anyways"
    With that type of attitude why are you even trying to lose weight? Go get yourself a greasy burger and some fries and enjoy life!! Gonna die anyways...

Diet soda will kill one slowly and probably won't give you to many 'symptoms'. Being overweight can cause many symptoms (back pain, leg pain, etc). I'd rather (though I don't drink diet soda so it's a moot point) die from something almost symptom-less, then carry around the extra pounds until something finally kills me.