Lean By Halloween Challenge!

Options

Replies

• resh76
    resh76 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hiya!
    I'd like to join too please! My birthday is in November, and i want to be as close as possible to my target weight by then.

Why I Want To Get In Shape

Hitting my mid-30's, i have also hit a speed-bump. I spend most of my time at my desk, but still eat like a college student, and it can't go on this way! At my last appointment, after my weigh-in, the doctor looked surprised and frankly a little disappointed that i did not have high blood pressure or blood sugar. Next time i go in, i want to be back into my normal BMI range so i never have to hear the whole 'obesity = disease' lecture from her again.

I want to wear a bikini not a 'control' one piece swimsuit

My goal is 150lbs, so i have 19 to go. Hopefully i can loose 1-1.5 pounds/week
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I managed 2lb this week :)

SW 146
    CW 144
    GW 129

15lb to go
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    SW: 169
    W1: 166.2
    W2:
    W3:
    W4:
    W5:
    W6:
    W7:
    W8:
    W9:
    W10:
    W11:
    W12:
    W13:
    W14:
    W15:
    W16:
    W17:
    W18: (Oct.30)
  • LadyPHX
    LadyPHX Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi I hope I am not too late to join in.
    My start weight is 210
    My goal weight is 170.
    That is all.
    Cole

weight.png
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm joining a little late! I just had a baby May 27th and I am ready to get this weight off! I am starting at 220 and would like to be under 200 (199) by Halloween! Halloween is my favorite! Hope to get support to get to my goal!
  • Julielynn83
    Options
    WHY I WANT TO GET IN SHAPE

I want to be healthy again! I have gained weight the last few years and want to take it off. My 10 year reunion is this fall and I want to go feeling confident! I love my family and life and want to love myself again!
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    I know I am a little late in joining but I just now finally got the chance to post!

I want to get in shape because I want to be a better me! And yes I will be selfish, I purely doint this just for me because I tired of the xtra pounds I started packing around! I want to be happy with myself again and to continue developling healthy habits so that I can live a healthier life!
  • justimogen
    justimogen Posts: 76
    Options
    I hope I'm not too late!

- I don't want to die from an obesity-related illness.

- I want to leave my house without the fear that someone will comment on my weight.

- I want to be the person on the outside that I feel like on the inside. Cliched as that may sound, I know that there is a creative, energetic, outgoing and funny person inside of me who has been buried in fat and wants to break free!
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    down 1 lb so far :)
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I lost one pound since starting the challenge, 4 pounds total since getting serious about this weight loss journey. Anyone know how to get the Lean by Halloween ticker to change? I can't figure it out.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Bought a new scale for home to track my weight this month.... starting weight is 176.2! I will challenge myself to loss 15 pounds meaning by Halloween I want to weigh 161.2 (this scale is not used for my MFP weekly checkins but challenges only :wink:)

I weigh in on Weds and this morning I was down to 174.4!!! That means that I lost 1.8 pounds!?!?!?! (The scale I use for my MFP checkins doesn't have the ounces as a reliable source, they bounce around while on the scale :cry: so I always have to round)

Weighin 7/1 - 176.2
    7/6 - 174.4
    7/13
    7/20
    7/27
    8/3
    8/10
    8/17
    8/24
    8/31
    9/7
    9/14
    9/21
    9/28
    10/5
    10/12
    10/19
    10/26
    Weighout 10/31
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I lost one pound since starting the challenge, 4 pounds total since getting serious about this weight loss journey. Anyone know how to get the Lean by Halloween ticker to change? I can't figure it out.

When you set it up there was a link provided to you... you go to that link with your pin to updated it (if you did not save the link you may want to make a new one to save the link :wink:)
  • Julielynn83
    Options
    Whats a good workout DVD? I just had a baby 6 weeks ago so nothing too crazy! Any suggestions!?
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    id love to join this if its not too late
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I dont weigh or measure but once a month so I will stick with that cause I dont own a scale
    Good Job Everyone so far :)
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well, and have a weight from July 1st. I'd love to lose 20 lbs by Halloween!
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Whats a good workout DVD? I just had a baby 6 weeks ago so nothing too crazy! Any suggestions!?
    try leslie sansone, it's basically aerobic walking, you can search you tube for her 1 mile to give it a go
  • MamaGraves2
    MamaGraves2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Just got my workout in for the day! Now I can enjoy the sunshine wile chasing lil man around the water park. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Just found this challenge and it sounds great! I’d like to lose 20lbs by Halloween :)

Since starting college in 2005, I have put on 60+ pounds. I’m finally getting myself together and focusing on getting healthier.

***Update*** I recently got engaged in April 2011, so now I have more motivation to get healthier for my beach wedding in April 2012 :D

Challenge starting weight: 184lbs :)
  • sadielane
    sadielane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Okay, my first weigh in since starting the challenge...

SW: 173
    W1: 171
    W2:
    W3:
    W4:
    W5:
    W6:
    W7:
    W8:
    W9:
    W10:
    W11: