Lean By Halloween Challenge!

Options

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My birthday November 1st and i was just thinking how it will be great to challenge my self to lose the rest of this weight so maybe i can go shopping for my bday. I really have been struggling with these last few lbs. good luck everyone.

About me:
    I'm 25 , married, and have 2 wonderful kids 1 and 4 year old. I weighed about 230 after having my second child and decide i had to change something. started walking watching what i ate. but still have more pounds to sweat off. My newest exercise challenge is running
  • Suewags
    Suewags Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm joining too. I want a challenge to break through my plateau. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Plus, if I lose 25 pounds by then, I will have lost 50 pounds thus far.
  • rure13
    rure13 Posts: 86
    Options
    Hi (: Just found this

About me: I want to be able to live a long healthy life. Diabetes runs in my family and a lot of my father's sisters have it so I am trying to prevent myself from getting it as well. I also want to gain more confidence I am very shy and have low self esteem so hopefully by losing weight it'll help.
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    So Sundays are my official weigh in days. Weighed in this morning at 197 - that's a 4lbs loss since I joined this challenge. :)
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    Weigh in day for me! I weighed 164.4 at the beginning of this and I weighed 162.4 this morning. Two pounds lost this week :)
  • PixieThin
    PixieThin Posts: 57
    Options
    I want to join!!! I'm getting married Oct. 21st && I have a size 18 wedding dress to fit into! yay fun! Then I will be extra cute for halloween! Sweet!

I am using my weight as of July 1st.. =)
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Congrats to those who have lost! My weigh in day is tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers i've been at the same weight for awhile now and have changed my habits around a bit
  • lollyloolaa
    Options
    Hi - I hope everyone is keeping on track. I have a scales malfunction so I will post results in a day or so. I am really pleased that I have managed to keep up my fitness levels this week. Hopefully I will manage the same again next week. Good luck all!
  • prekteachr
    prekteachr Posts: 10
    Options
    HI I recently joined MFP and I saw this challenge and thought it would be great.
    My golas - I am starting a TurboFire rotation tomorrow (7/11/11) and I am determined to complete it!!!!
    I want to lose 10 lbs - for good (and be done with the losing - focus on maintaining!)
    I want to be proud of myself for overcoming my challenges and succeeding!
    I want to think I look good (body wise) (others say I already do, but not how I see myself)
    I want to be working on my second fitness plan, TF-CE hybrid.

Thanks!
  • jnetro
    jnetro Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in. I hope to lose 40 - 45 lbs by Oct.31st. I have a lot of exercising to do and eating changes.
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    count me in! My goal is to lose 40 pounds by Oct 29th, so this will be good for me. I think the challenge will help me stay on track. now how do I add a Halloween ticker?
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    So I weighed in last Friday morning at 144.2lbs, WAY too high for my 5 foot tall frame

I want to get in shape bc:
    I want to feel healthier
    I want to feel and look sexy again
    I want to look good for my bf... He loves the way I look but I just dont like the way I look at all!

My goal is to be 25lbs lighter by Halloween which would put me at 119.2, my ultimate goal weight is 110-115. But I don't wanna lose my curves, so I'll stop losing when I am happy with myself and at the weight I feel good at...

Roughly estimates to 1.5lbs a week if I weigh in every Friday until oct 31! Breaking it into weekly goals seems so much more attainable and less stressful :)

I am a busy college student currently working two jobs, feel free to add me as a friend ! :)
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    down 3 lbs since the start :)

weight.png
  • MamaGraves2
    MamaGraves2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Ok, so today I've been riding the up, down, up, down wave of the same 4 pounds for over a month now. This am when I weighed in of course I was up. So I logged that gain and am now on a mission. No excuses of "it's water weight, I treated myslef, it's the TOM." I'm going to kick these last few pounds to the curb and really focus on toning. Ready or not body, here I come! Mission Possible! Happy Monday!!!!
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So Mondays are my weigh in days. I've lost 1.5 lbs this past week! Only 36 lbs left to lose before Halloween!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Down 2.4 pounds this week, y'all can't see me but right this very second I am doing the lost 2.4 pounds rump shaken dance that I totally made up for this occasion. Good thing you can't see me :happy:
  • MamaGraves2
    MamaGraves2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Down 2.4 pounds this week, y'all can't see me but right this very second I am doing the lost 2.4 pounds rump shaken dance that I totally made up for this occasion. Good thing you can't see me :happy:

Shake it girl! Be proud of your loss!
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I want to join...

let's see by Halloween I woulkd like to be almost ot my goal.. I am shooting for Christmas or earlier!

Why i want to lose weight! other than being pregnant I am at my largest weight ever and I am tired of it! I feel slushes all the time and I am ready to change this time!!
  • Kerseygeek
    Kerseygeek Posts: 225
    Options
    I lost 2lbs over the weekend! I'm completely floored since weekends are always the hardest for me cuz we eat out half the time. I'm so excited that I'm almost down to what I was 2wks ago when family and holiday eating and drinking stalled me. I'm back on track now. I need to be at 178 by the end of the month and it finally seems possible. If I lose 5lbs a month I can make my Halloween goal.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Some great losses in here, well done everyone :)