July Move Your *kitten* Challenge...

Options

Replies

• Treasure44
    Options
    Hi, I hope that it is not to late to join.

exercise.png
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I injured myself running on June 30!! No joke -- Slightly sprained my ankle and got major blisters on both feet. I'm finally getting back into this challenge though! :) Ran 5.14 yesterday and 2.01 today (went swimming and biking instead, but those don't count, oops! :P). I also updated my ticker. I'm at 7.15/100mi for July and need to average ~3.66 mi/day if I want to finish this challenge. LET'S DO THIS!
  • Stephib10
    Stephib10 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Swimming and biking do count in this challenge. You were moving your *kitten* afterall :). Anything that can be measured by a distance is fair game!
  • PA21
    PA21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I wanna join!
    July miles thus far (estimated at 1.5km per day) minus 2 rest days= 7.5 (thus far!)
    I'm downloading Runkeeper for my iPhone and that will help me track my miles!
    Wow this is great :) Thanks guys!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I wanna join!
    July miles thus far (estimated at 1.5km per day) minus 2 rest days= 7.5 (thus far!)
    I'm downloading Runkeeper for my iPhone and that will help me track my miles!
    Wow this is great :) Thanks guys!

Welcome then. You still have to set a mile goal for July and get yourself a ticker. Do you track miles or kms?
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I went for a 9.1 mile run and a 2.75 mile walk with my sin yesterday. Man I am kicking some butt with my miles this month! I will update the ticker when I am back on a computer
  • brandigo
    brandigo Posts: 16
    Options
    :happy: slow and steady but making a dent
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Another foggy morning on Nantucket - but today instead of walking my route - I did week one of the C25K program I had to give up due to the foot surgery. It went GREAT and felt pretty good. I had been to the doc yesterday to have him look at the foot and he said - GO! So I went! Had left off at week 8 in April but plan to start all over again. No need risking anything here.

So Dinos - add 3.5 miles for me today

Thanks for all the great welcome backs too - I have missed this challange TONS!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Just updating my ticker!
  • CrysButcher3
    CrysButcher3 Posts: 322
    Options
    Updating my ticker and saying HEY to you all. ::::Waving:::: Hope you all have a great day today. =) And remember, its not how slow you move, its the point that you got up and got started. YES!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I hope I updated my ticker correctly. I'm on my way! More running tonight! 53 miles left this month! Keep up the good work everyone.
  • miswen
    miswen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have been away on vacation and had no power but have kept track of my miles. Ticker is up to date!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Updating ticker!! Got in a 14.5 mile bike ride in 67 minutes!! I beat my time from Tuesday but I also had my husband work on my bike gears (they were not switching on Tue, therefor the slower time:grumble: )! I also walked 1/2 mile for mail. For July miles, I am going to ride bike and walk mostly cuz my back does NOT like running right now!!!
  • aly1221
    aly1221 Posts: 55
    Options
    3 miles today jogging!!! feeling good! :)
    how's everyone doing? :)
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Doing great aly1221, thanks for asking. Hope you are too!
    Got a 5 mile run in according to my training schedule. Can't wait for Sunday to do the 8 miler.
    WOOT, half marathon is on the 21st of August!
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I joined!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym today for the first time in AGES, planning on hopping on the treadmill or a bike. My SIL was there, and on the Arc Trainer, or as I call it, "The Russian Squat Dancing Machine," so I hopped on the one next to her. Never used that before.

Only went one mile in 20 minutes, but, hot damn, does that give a workout! Like 250 calories a mile!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    1 mile walk to the courthouse and back for work...updated ticker...more tonight at the gym on the treadmill...
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Almost 6 done today!
  • xtina1982
    xtina1982 Posts: 37
    Options
    3 miles on the elliptical, ticker updated. :tongue: