Senior Golden Sneakers..........July, 2011

Options

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Marie, I think that most towns have banned individuals from setting off fireworks. The problem is with catching them. Yes, they are very dangerous and just about every year you hear of someone getting hurt.

:flowerforyou: Marilyn, I would think that the sugar would cause you to crash. Not enough sleep can help us gain weight. Get some tonight.

Koty, I am expecting a wonderful week. Staying healthy, eating right, getting my exercise and sleep. I am also attempting to not let stress get the better of me.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,116 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! :bigsmile: Another beautiful day here but unfortunately I am going to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned. :ohwell:

We had a beautiful day for the 4th and Cheryl, Marisa and I went to the Country Club pool party for the kids. It was lots of fun and very relaxing. In the evening we went to a friend of Cheryl's where we watched the fireworks. It was a good day and like Barbie I am grateful. :heart:

I haven't been too good on recording my food, but the scale is kind and I am still under my original goal. :tongue: I did take Daisy for her walk yesterday so between that and swimming, with another 2 dives I might add, I am doing ok with exercise. I think today will be a day of rest, although I am sure Daisy will want her walk, but some of my old bones are hurting. :tongue:

Jeri, any results from your doctor?

I hope everyone else is feeling good, staying on track and loving life.

Have a good day.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm so pleased to see the scale drop down into a lower series of numbers. Haven't seen the 150s in 25 years. One more pound and my weight will be officially "healthy."

Been thinking about weight loss and medication, and the effects it can have on the body. I hope anyone who has experienced a sudden gain in weight - especially if they've done nothing to cause it - has seen a doctor before starting to diet. All this thinking is primarily triggered by our dog, Will, and what he is going through. He's always been big for an Afghan Hound, but not so big that it kept him from becoming a show champion. The last couple of years that changed and he gained, and gained even though I didn't change his diet in any way.

I think people need to have things checked out - just like we did with the dog. His under-active thyroid affected his metabolism to such an extent he simply could NOT keep from gaining weight even on a light diet. Now that his thyroid levels are in balance, the weight is literally falling off. It will be four weeks on Thursday since he started his medication and he has already lost nearly 16 pounds. That's a 14% reduction in his weight.

SOME 13 million Americans suffer from thyroid disorders, most of them women. Thyroid disorders are among the most undiagnosed and misdiagnosed problems in the United States. Doctors generally don't examine the thyroid.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    SANDY. No word from the doctor yet. I am keeping busy trying not to think about it. We've been driving my dh's cousin from Nova Scotiand his wife around Calgary doing some shopping. It has been fun and a real good distraction. However after being gone alll day I am ready to crash. The've gone to thie son's place and I am going to do as little as possible.

See you all tomorrow.
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello Lovely Ladies,

First things first,

Jeri, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY:drinker: :flowerforyou:

My Canadian friends, HAPPY BELATED CANADA DAY:drinker:

My American friends, HAPPY BELATED 4th JULY:drinker:

I have been trying to catch up with the all the posts, phew!

Marie: I hope you leg is better now and that you are managing to get around. I loved your photos:bigsmile:

Buzz: I think I must have missed a post. Whats been wrong? Have you had a accident? Whatever it is, I hope you are feeling better. :flowerforyou: I understand your frustration with losing posts. It just happened to me too and have had to start all over again:explode:

Connie: Will sounds like he is doing great, thanks to you. I had my thyroid checked out about a year ago and all was well:happy:
    Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss Connie. Thats an amazing weight loss total you have achieved:drinker:

Sandy: Sounds like you had a great time. The pool party sounds perfect. It has been so hot here:heart: ,but about to change ::sad:

Judy: Loved your joke:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Becky: Go easy on youself:flowerforyou: 10lb is a lot in a month. Good luck though:drinker:

Koty: Welcome:flowerforyou: Look forward to getting to know you. Will fill you in about myself later.It's getting near my bed time:laugh:

Gayla: What did you think of the tennis result? I missed the finals due to the funeral. I agree with you. I find the mens tennis more exciting:smile:

Marilyn: Hope you are feeling better.:flowerforyou:

The funeral went well. It was a real celebration of his life. He would have loved it:heart:

I banged my head on the hand rail in the ladies loo at the supermarket yesterday:laugh: I was helping my GD and did'nt see it. What a headache I had for the rest of the day:laugh: Still sore today and so the hairdresser was being very gentle with me :laugh:

My dh has gone to visit his dad in his Lancashire for a night. Got the bed to myself. Love it:laugh:

My husbands cousins son (if you get my meaning) has just found out that he is going to be a dad. He only dated her for 2 weeks!! She said she was on the pill and he did'nt use protection.:mad: Why won't they listen:frown: My son did the same, only with a girl he had been dating for a year or so. They are still together and seem to be happy,with another baby due in 3 weeks, but the cousin does'nt want to stay with her, in fact they had already finished when she told him the news. Not sure how this will all work out.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    1766074ygm00sxmaj.gif

THIS IS US!! WE ARE A TEAM!!!

AND THIS IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT YOU!!

63023w8zsu2qvj6.gif
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Birdie accidently posted this on the birthday thread so I copied and pasted it here so you wouldn't miss her post.

BirdieM

Tue 07/05/11 02:23 PM
    I hope everyone had a great 4th :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Happy birthday to all those celebrating in July!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Realtor coming tomorrow night. We'll see what she has to say.:ohwell: I didn't realize how hard it is to make this decision. I feel for you Barbie and anyone else trying to let go of a space that you've been in for so long, :cry: One Day at a Time :smile:
    BirdieM :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: we went to bed before nine PM while it was still light so we missed the fireworks in the next town and all the fireworks on TV.........we recorded the hot dog eating contest and three TV shows with fireworks so today we had our Independence Day celebration watching TV :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: we've had two days of beautiful weather around 70 degrees perfect for Jake to cut the grass yesterday and play 18 holes of golf today and perfect for the dogs and me to go on some great walks :bigsmile:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Barbie, we are also experiencing wonderful weather. I really do not have an excuse to not ride my bike. I went to bed about the same time you did on the 4th. Also missed fireworks, but then, I haven't gone to see any in several years. This year was mainly because my car was in the shop and the rental could only be driven by my husband.:grumble:

:flowerforyou: Sandy, you are just the sweetest thing. I really love having you as a friend and seeing your posts here.

:flowerforyou: Deb, has anyone thought of doing a DNA test on the baby? After only two weeks??? That must be tough.

:flowerforyou: Jeri, do take it easy. But, on the other hand, keeping busy can help distract you. Still praying for your health.:flowerforyou:

I will be taking 1/2 day of vacation starting at noon today. One of my daughters has to re-take part of her driving test. She is using my car so I will be there with her. Wish her luck.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :bigsmile: Another great day, could be a pool day unless hubby and I just sit in the yard. :flowerforyou:

Becky, I hope you at least get to do something else fun after the driver's test. :happy: I love having you for a friend also, friends are what makes the world go round. :love:

Barbie, you are such a party animal!!! :laugh: The only reason I saw the fireworks is because of my granddaughter. My DIL is always asking me to go with her here and there, I am still learning to say no. It was a beautiful night out for the fireworks so I really didn't mind. You also get up at the crack of dawn and I am still turning over at that time. :laugh:

Birdie, I am really sorry that this move is so hard on you, but you are correct in taking it one day at a time. :heart:

Deb, I agree with Becky, is your husband's cousin son sure it is his baby? How old is this young man and lady? It amazes me that in this day and age a lot of young people still are not educated enough to use protection if not for any other reason than STD's. I hope it all works out for them and he at least takes responsibility for the baby. :love: Hope you didn't get a mild concussion when you banged your head, are you better today?

Connie, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!! You and Will are doing great together. :heart: Good advice about the thyroid, so many people have thyroid problems and don't even know it.

Marie, good luck at the doctor today, hope all goes well with your kidney tests. :heart:

Would like to mention again that a lot of us made friends through the my home page. There you can leave short comments without writing a whole post if you prefer. You can just click on any of our names from this post and ask to be our friend. :flowerforyou:

Have a great day!!
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    1766074ygm00sxmaj.gif

THIS IS US!! WE ARE A TEAM!!!

AND THIS IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT YOU!!

63023w8zsu2qvj6.gif

SANDY; this is how we feel about YOU!:smooched:

[img][/img]2219747ljgdif1hgr.jpg
    And so we send you our
    [img][/img]1410368au83pgub4e.gif

ALL OF US!!!:drinker:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Thank you Buzz!! You are all so special!!!
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies,

Thank you Sandy for that lovely post and Thank you Buzz for replying on behalf of all of us. You are both very special indeed.

I am not having a good week at all. Can't seem to pull myself out of this hole. I have been eating way too much today and feel very ashamed! I have not logged in my food diary today for I am too embarrassed.

My very dear friend found a lump in her breast and she has a hospital appointment next wednesday. I will be going with her as she does'nt want her husband to go as he panics and her daughter has just had a baby. She has been through the mill lately. She has had stents fitted and she has lost her oldest friend and another friend jumped off a cliff at Dover last week. She is trying her hardest to keep her head together, so I must stay positive for her. Please pray for her and send her positive thoughts. We could both do with a good dose of Irene' and Jeri' lol.

Marie how did it go at the doctors? Hope you are managing to stay cool.

Hope you are all having a great day/evening. Love to you all

Take care
    Deb
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Deb, I think that you are a wonderful friend to go along to the hospital with your friend.:heart: You and I are having the same day. I also am not going to log in my food. In fact, I can't even think of all that I had today.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, you are so sweet to remember to mention everyone in your posts. Thank you.:heart:

Alright everyone....we are celebrating....my daughter passed her driving test !!!! And no, I didn't do anything after she was done because I had already done too much before. Like over-eating. But, anyway, she is at the mall now. I am sure that she is telling all her friends about passing the test. So funny, after we left the bureau I had to drive because she was too busy texting everyone.:laugh:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: today we drove to the dump and left the exercise bike there :sad: it was a beautiful drive and we resisted the impulse to stop at Fat Smitty's famous for their triple decker hamburger with all the fixins :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Deb, I am so sorry to hear about the troubles among your family and friends:sad: I hope you can find ways to be loving and supportive without eating to comfort yourself:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Sandy, you are a great friend, grandma, and doggie mama....we are so lucky to have you as one of the Sneakers

:flowerforyou: Becky, congrats to your daughter for passing her driving test and to you for being a great mom :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Buzz, the internet went out here this morning and I found out from Jake who was at the Ford Dealer that our internet provider had gone down all over the state......i began to wonder if I would be unable to log onto MFP tomorrow after having such a long streak, but, as you can see, it came back on early this evening.:bigsmile: are you feeling better and continuing to heal after your ordeal ?

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: we are having the world's best weather here today........72 degrees with a slight breeze and perfectly blue skies.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Barbie, thank you for the compliment.:love: And congrats on passing up the triple decker hamburger. I would not want to see you break your wonderful record of logging here because of internet problems. Glad that you got it back.

My daughter drove us to work this morning. SCARY !!! She took the interstate back home. I made her call me as soon as she arrived.:laugh:
  • marlouise
    marlouise Posts: 286
    Options
    Good morning ladies, heading for the couch with the ice pack, back is really sore. Got a good book, so I'll check in later.

Marilyn
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning Marilyn. hope you find some relief for your back. I do know how painful it can be. The ice pack and rest should help a lot. take care

Becky. Good morning to uou. Our lovely little early bird. I have had my coffee and time to go fix breakfast.of greek yogurt and cherries.

Will be back later as more show up.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    A successful rancher died and left everything to his devoted wife. She was a very good-looking woman and determined to keep the ranch, but knew very little about ranching, so she decided to place an ad in the newspaper for a ranch hand.

Two cowboys applied for the job. One was gay and the other a drunk.

She thought long and hard about it, and when no one else applied she decided to hire the gay guy, figuring it would be safer to have him around the house than the drunk.

He proved to be a hard worker who put in long hours every day and knew a lot about ranching.

For weeks, the two of them worked, and the ranch was doing very well.

Then one day, the rancher's widow said to the hired hand, "You have done a really good job, and the ranch looks great. You should go into town and kick up your heels." The hired hand readily agreed and went into town one Saturday night.

One o'clock came, however, and he didn't return.

Two o'clock and no hired hand.

Finally he returned a round two-thirty, and upon entering the room, he found the rancher's widow sitting by the fireplace with a glass of wine, waiting for him.

She quietly called him over to her.

"Unbutton my blouse and take it off," she said.

Trembling, he did as she directed. "Now take off my boots."

He did as she asked, ever so slowly. "Now take off my socks." He removed each gently and placed them neatly by her boots.

"Now take off my skirt."

He slowly unbuttoned it, constantly watching her eyes in the fire light.

"Now take off my bra." Again, with trembling hands, he did as he was told and dropped it to the floor.

Then she looked at him and said, "If you ever wear my clothes into town again, you're fired."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Bump