Senior Golden Sneakers..........July, 2011

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers enjoy reading about all of your swimming experences. . I never did learn to swim. I learn to float withe my face in the water. Don't think I could survieved long like that. And yes I am terrified of water. I want my feet touching something.

We have no plans today. Stay in and keep cool in this heat spell we are having. Got to fix me some more beans for a few meals. Will be doing a little sewing later on.

Welcome back Shirley. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

Sandy. You are always on top of things. So glad to have the prilidge of knowing you.

Jeri. Hope you get good news today.

Irene thanks for popping in. you are such a sweetheart

Buzz, We don't hear too much from you these days. Don't love us no more?

Judy. i know you have got you mind on your trip and getting into that bikini..

Barbiecat. You always makes such good time of your free time.

Gayla I have bought me a pattern for a prairie doll pattern with a bonnet. I have one I bought in an antiqueshop. Made out of old quilts. i have started so many quilts blocks and thought I would used them up. Made me think of you for you always talk of being a prairie girl. I order it on line so should get it this week. I love being able to buy things on line but hate the shipping cost. Walmart did away with their fabric and put inpkg stuff and would have to buy 2 yds at a time. But look like they are bringing it back. They took all the pkg stuff out and got lots of empty sheves now for bolts of fabric. Can hardly wait till we go Wed . for our shopping and see what they are doing to it.

Becky Good morning to you and look like you have been at MFP the ongest here. I came in Dec 1908 So did Phoebe, Gayla, and Jeffrey. Then in early 1909 came Sandy, Barbiecat, Barbs And all of the rest came along after that. So glad you all did. Becky How come it took you so long to find us. Oh I know you were waiting to turn into a Senior citizen. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't think I got all of you but you know how the memory is
    Have a good day.
    e
    look like my eyes can't tell the different between a 0 and a 9 I prsumed you guys knew i meant 2008 My dad was born in1908 Golly.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Sneaker Ladies::drinker:

Back to work today and back at the weight loss battle.

Vacation was awesome and we love the boat !!

I only gained 3.6 lbs. with all the exercise and I did eat
    desserts even if my plan was not to eat any. :ohwell:

Thank you for all the welcome backs and I will have
    to catch up on the posts when I have more time.

Finishing laundry and my flowers survived the week off.
    Our friends were watering them when we were gone.
    I did lose my radishes, maybe planted them too late.:cry:

Have a wonderful day everyone and keep going!!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,116 Member
    Options
    look like my eyes can't tell the different between a 0 and a 9 I prsumed you guys knew i meant 2008 My dad was born in1908 Golly.

My eyes must be bad also I didn't even see the 19 just presumed it was 2008. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Ha Ha Sandy . We see what we want to see.:flowerforyou:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, MARIE, don't ever think I don't love you all, my dear dear friends. I think I've explained that I'm not a touch typist, so especially when I lose another post (as I just did!), it becomes a chore to redo everything! And my fingers and brain collapse! I read everyone's posts, and cheer or grieve right along with you all, but somehow, there are days when I just cannot spend time on my computer as I used to. Also, since I've had these basal and squamous cell patches removed the past few weeks, I have decided I must join those of you who do not love sunshine as I have all my life; missed it in the dreary New England winters, and love the year round cheer here in the Sunshine State, and much of my pleasure was derived outdoors. I used to swim 75 laps daily in our Community's olympic size pool, and of course the 5 mile walks I no longer can do, so I guess things have changed as I've gotten on in years. It just takes me longer to complete tasks, (after I remember which ones I must complete!)... this is all to say, PLEASE don't take it personally on the days or periods I seem to disappear. I'm lurking :wink:
    And I DID get back, finally, to my Fitness Center today. I've been missing it since my dermatologist told me "nothing strenuous til the incisions have healed". SO they're healed, and I investigated going back to Silver Sneakers as well, but I think I'll just try to get back to all my walking DVD's right here in my own A/C den!

I expect tomorrow to be a difficult one to get on the Internet, so just in case I cannot...

PAM, you know we are all wishing you the perfect celebration!

[img][/img]880028rgjn6udi63.gif

and many many more! Besides, it's probably not as early as I thought, seeing there's a puddle between us!

much love to ALL!
    Buzz
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: delraybuzz...I totally understand how how it is to have to redo a post. I will type a lot and then somehow lose it all. :explode: Not to worry. We just have to be patient and begin again.

:flowerforyou: CALIECAT.:cry: I have been here the longest??? Then why haven't I lost more??? Maybe I am not the person to be looking at. I seem to be slipping. I did have two surgeries since joining and they kept me from doing much. Does that count as an excuse?:laugh:

Don't know who said their dad was born in 1908. Mine was born in 1914. He was 36 when I was born.

:flowerforyou: Shirley, the weight that you gained will come off quickly. No problem.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm on my way to bed, but I had to say hello to everyone.:bigsmile: today was a cleanse day and the day we got the pets back.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I took a long walk alone early in the morning and then took the dogs to the dog park in the afternoon.

:bigsmile: someone is coming to look at our house tomorrow at 9:30 AM so we'll be busy.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

506811cg66o5s4bi.gif

:heart: :heart: :heart: Have a wonderful day!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    God said, "Adam, I
    want you to do
    something for
    Me."

Adam
    said, "Gladly,
    Lord, what do You
    want me to do?"

God
    said, "Go down
    into that
    valley."

Adam said, "What's
    a valley?"

God explained it to
    him.. Then God said,
    "Cross the
    river."

Adam said, "What's a
    river?"

God explained that
    to him, and then said,
    "Go over to the
    hill...."

Adam said, "What is a
    hill?"

So, God explained to
    Adam what a hill was.
    He told Adam, "On
    the
    other side of the
    hill you will find a
    cave."

Adam said, 'What's a
    cave?'

After God explained,
    He
    said, "In the cave
    you will find a woman."

Adam said, "What's a
    woman?'

So God explained
    that to him, too.
    Then, God said, 'I
    want you
    to
    reproduce."

Adam said, "How do
    I do
    that?"

God first said (under
    His breath), "Geez......"

And then,
    just like everything else, God explained that to
    Adam, as
    well.

So, Adam goes down
    into
    the valley,
    across the river, and
    over the hill,
    into the
    cave, and finds the
    woman.

Then, in
    about five minutes, he was back.

God,
    His patience
    wearing thin, said
    angrily, "What is
    it
    now?"

And Adam said.....

(YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE
    THIS!)

"What's a
    headache?"
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That is great Sandy. I even printed it off.:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Barbie, good luck with selling your house.

It certainly does not look like I will be reaching my weight loss goal in time for Florida. Oh well, I at least don't think I gained.

I only burned about 130 calories last night doing Zumba. I should have gone longer than the 20 minutes I did. But, it was soooo hot. Going to Deep Water Power class tonight. I am hoping that my daughter will join me.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies:

Day two back to work, I want to go back to my vacation :sad:

Buzz: Don't fret about the computer, my mother in law is 85 and going through
    the same things you are. She just can't do what she used to do.
    She is a breast cancer survivor also. She also is on the computer and
    has problems with it, so she calls my husband to help her. I myself
    have problems some days, it just doesn't like us sometimes.:tongue:

Lunch today with a friend and I will be having a salad.:wink: I am starting a tweek to my eating
    this week.
    I am reading Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Furhmann. It really makes sense. Just eat your three meals,
    no snacking in between. I am only having meat or fish at dinner time and lots of fruit and veges.
    No bread, rice, pasta etc. that only turns to sugar. Since I am Type II diabetic I really can't have it
    anyway. I am a real snacker, so this will be a real challenge for me. Also no cheese. Another
    challenge for me. This morning I had oameal with strawberries, sprinkled some flaxseed and
    cinnamon on top with Soy milk . He also recommends no diary, this is nothing new to me since
    I had a Naturpatic doctor tell me that too. So I drink soy milk instead.
    We will see if I see any results. So I weighed yesterday which was 175.8 and today I was 173.4
    and I walked for 55 mins. last night. Probably some of that was water from sodium from the
    vacation.
    I need a kick start again because I have been yo yoing for a while now.

So keep up all your hard work ladies and I hope it gets cooler where you are today.
    Our temp. here is 83 degrees and yesterday was 86. That is hot for us here in Ontario.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM !!

Have a great day !!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! :bigsmile:

Hope Pam is either having a wonderful birthday or had a wonderful birthday, it might be the next day already. :tongue:

Shirley, whenever I vacation, I need a vacation from that vacation. :laugh: :laugh:

Becky, deep water power sounds scary, what is it?

Went to a belated graduation party last night and although it was set up as a buffet I did manage to watch what I ate. Being an Italian restaurant you can imagine what they were serving. When we got home even though it was getting dark I took Daisy for her walk. It felt good and I felt safe with such a big dog. :wink:

The storm that went through here yesterday morning while I was sleeping did some serious damage to some homes and many people are without power and could be for days. I didn't realize it was that bad but reading today's paper showed me it was.

Today I am taking my 16 year old granddaughter to the outlet mall since we don't want her driving on highways yet. :noway: She has a job and is making her own money so she would like to go to the coach outlet store and look for a purse. Since I am a coach lover I don't mind going at all. :love:

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sandy, my daughter just got her drivers license this past Wednesday. She has gone nuts with it.:smile: I was concerned about freeway driving also. But, she started doing it. She usually has her sister with her and she helps her get onto the road safely. And, she stays in the right lane the whole way. So, I am feeling a little better but, I totally understand not wanting them to drive there. The deep water class is just what it sounds like. We are in the deep pool. But, we have floatation devices strapped around our middles. This way we can do all sorts of exercising and movements under the water without sinking to the bottom.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Well, it's too hot to go out today! So here's to PAM...
    [img][/img]2884412d1b33zg7hq.gif

Wow, BECKY, I didn't realize you have been a member since 2008! I hope I stick with MFP as well as you have! Glad you are using common sense regarding Zumba. It's such fun, it's easy to forget it can also be damaging when done to excess. I can attest to that with my hip replacement from overdoing!!! By the way, when and where will you be in Florida? Any special reason?

BARBIE, good luck with the new viewers. And don't get discouraged if the offer isn't made today. I understand the game has changed in many ways. My DS is going through the same thing, and all you need is that ONE buyer who falls in love with it!

SANDY...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you are a hoot! Thanks for a neat laugh!
    whenever I vacation, I need a vacation from that vacation
    ...I thoroughly agree :drinker:

SHIRLEY, thanks for the encouragement. The hardest thing is accepting new limitations when one does not feel changed! But the changes come, and fight as we wish, we DO change! It's OK, 'cause I'm still here and many of my friends and family are here no longer! Life is good :wink:

I really must heave myself out of my comfortable air conditioned house and into the most brutal heat so far this year! And since our houses are being power washed and painted this week, my poor DH was outside removing screens and cleaning the debris around all the openings, and he has practically collapsed, so I'm closing down for the day. Have a good one, everybody, and
    MARIE, you stay inside if it hasn't cooled down. Sounds impossibly hot for you! :flowerforyou:

:wink: Buzz
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: buzz, what were you doing to cause enough damage to have to have hip replacement? I will be in Largo, Florida. This is right outside of Tampa. August 3 through 9. I am going because I have a son, daughter-in-law and three grandchildren there. And, I have not seen them in more than 4 1/2 years. It sounds like you are having some really hot weather. Be sure to drink water.:drinker:

I only burned 137 calories in the pool. But, it was a comfortable time exercising.:wink:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Today has been a sad day. We had our 16 year old cat, Haifa, euthanized. Some of you remember his blood glucose problems at the beginning of 2010 and how we thought we’d lose him then. So he has been living on time we never expected and has had a great life. For a few weeks we have been pretending that nothing was wrong but we finally knew it was time and when the vet saw him, he agreed. We held Haifa’s paws as he drew his last breath purring all the time and now he is over the rainbow bridge with his cat brothers, Noah and Trouble, and his Golden Retriever sister, Shilo.

Haifa's picture is my avatar today.

We found Haifa as a tiny kitten abandoned at a rest stop about 100 miles from our house in 1995. We saved his life then and gave him sixteen years with a loving family.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    So sorry Barbie. I know how much you care for him. You and Jake gave him lots of love and confort. It is so sad to lose a pet.. i am at lost for words. But I am thinking of you and Jake with love.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Barbie and Jake, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel and what a great loss you are feeling. I wish I could hug you both, but know that I feel your pain and heartache. It is so hard to lose our faithful friends and no matter what it will take time. I am so sad for the two of you. Take care of each other, comfort each other and don't be afraid to cry. Love you guys.
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good night, my friends.

So sorry for the loss of your dear Haifa, Barbie and Jake. The memory of helping our cats, Nicky and Alfie, to kitty heaven still seems very fresh although it is many years ago. You will be in my thoughts.

So sorry I missed your birthday, Pam. Hope it was a happy one.

Glad to see a post from you Buzz. Take care.

I saw this joke in the little restaurant flyer yesterday and immediately thought of you folks so here it is!

There were two elderly people living in Trailer Estates, a Florida mobile home park. He was a widower and she a widow. They had known one another for a number of years.

One evening there was a community supper in the big activity center. The two were at the same table, across from one another. As the meal went on, he made a few admiring glances at her and finally gathered his courage to ask her, "Will you marry me?"

After about six seconds of 'careful consideration', she answered, "Yes, Yes, I will." The meal ended and with a few more pleasant exchanges, they went to their respective places.

Next morning, he was troubled. "Did she say 'yes' or did she say 'no'?" He couldn't remember. Try as he would, he just could not recall. Not even a faint memory. With trepidation, he went to the telephone and called her. First, he explained that he didn't remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed the lovely evening past. As he gained a little more courage, he inquired, "When I asked if you would marry me, did you say 'yes' or did you say 'no'?"

He wa;s delighted to hear her say, "Why, I said, 'Yes, yes I will' and I meant it with all my heart." Then she continued, "I am so glad that you called, because I couldn't remember who had asked me."
    Have a great Wednesday! Gayla :heart:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Oh Barbie...I am so sorry to hear of your kitty. We lost ours one year ago on July 1. She was 21. I was trying to reach our vet but it was after hours. So, I held while she passed. She is now in a box on my piano. It is so hard to see them go. But, most of the time it is best for them.:sad: My picture is of our Tabitha.