Sexy in Six Challenge: Week 1

Options

Replies

• hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I think I have just about managed to calculate it and that will mean losing 2.4 or 3.2 lbs per week.....steep. I think I shall pass on this one.:cry:

Thanks so much hon.

Good luck to everyone:flowerforyou:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Ok hgam1-

Correct me if I am wrong but your current weight is 168? And your goal weight is 152? That leaves you with 16 pounds to loose.

15% of this would be 2.4 pounds over the 6 weeks
    20% of this would be 3.2 pounds over the 6 weeks

You dont have to loose 2.4 or 3.2 each week. That is your total to loose over a 6 week period!

In each case you have less than 1 pound per week to loose. We hope you decide to stick with us on this challenge!

Good luck on your weight loss venture!!!

Amy:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yes hgam...you should join us!!!! Amy's calculations should be right, 2.4 or 3.2 pounds throughout the ENTIRE challenge, not per week. You can TOTALLY do it!

Welcome Tammara! Glad to have you join us...this is a FABULOUS group!!!

Good morning all my other ladies!!!

Plan for today:
    B-Wheat english muffin, 1 tbsp. natural PB, 1 wedge laughing cow light swiss, 1 med. banana, 8 oz. PlumSmart light juice, 1 multivitamin.
    S-2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. sugar-free creamer, Kashi TLC soft-baked breakfast bar.
    L-??? My new supervisor is having the entire group to her house for lunch, so NO idea. I will just try and make good selections, but I really don't have much of a choice. **Wish me luck!**
    S-Kashi TLC Honey Almond Flax granola bar.
    D-HomeMade Mac and Cheese (under 300 calories for a whole cup!! YUM!) I'll pair it with a home made green salad and spritzer dressing.
    S-Depends on remaining calories.

Exercise plan-1/2 hour run and 1 hour BodyPump.

So, a little worried for lunch, but I know I will be okay. Plus I usually burn around 450 calories in BodyPump plus whatever I burn running. I will be fine. Tonight I have to do laundry and get some things ready for when I leave Friday morning to visit my sis. But I will check back at some point this afternoon. Have a FABULOUS morning friends!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    Good morning. Here are my stats
    Wt 138.4
    ht 5ft 4in
    waist 33 at widest point
    bust 36
    thigh 22
    arm 11
    goal wt in 6 six weeks 134
    ultimate weight 130

I did an hour workout this am. I plan to do some more exercise later. For breakfast I had oatmeal and a little honey, 1/2 banana and a protein bar. I was starving after my workout. I am not sure what I am going to eat the rest of the day. I have the day off so I am not going to stress about it.

Check in later.
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yes hgam...you should join us!!!! Amy's calculations should be right, 2.4 or 3.2 pounds throughout the ENTIRE challenge, not per week. You can TOTALLY do it!

ahhh.....got it now. Yeah, def will love to join!!! Count me in.

Thanks Amy:flowerforyou: and you Kistinbee:flowerforyou:

Hadiza.
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    Ok, so I'm in on this one. I got some cute pants callin my name and 8-10lbs in six weeks doesn't sound so bad. I'm at work so the measurements have to come a bit later this evening but here's the rest:

Wt: 238 :sad:
    Ht: 5'4"
    waist:
    bust:
    thigh:
    arm:
    goal wt in 6 six weeks 228
    ultimate weight 150-160

Breakfast: Zone- cinnamon roll bar, 1-12oz coke zero
    Snack: 100 cal. Cinnamon Teddy Grahams SnackPack, 10 wasabi/soy almonds
    Lunch: Hot Pocket Light-chicken garlic pizza, small salad with light italian
    Snack: 1/2 c. pistachio's and 1 TLC pumpkin spic flax granola bar (out of two pack)
    Dinner: 3oz. Flounder, 1c. steamed veggies, 1c. rice

Here's to lookin hotter every day! :drinker:
  • monica5237
    Options
    Okay here is my plan for today

I had a special K bar for breakfast

I am going to have a Boca burger for lunch with a half cup of microwave popcorn

I am not real sure for dinner yet I have not made it that far but I am thinking maybe some baked chicken I will let you guys know what I end up with.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: water water water and yes I will have my unsweet tea I have to have my caffine somehow.
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Attention Friends..... here are my stats! I am really excited!!
    Start weight 232 ( i have a remaining 56.5 to lose before my goal weight. Result .15= 8.5 and .2= 11.3
    6 week goal: 8.5 lbs
    goal weight 223.5lbs (Nov 25th)

Measurements!
    13.5- upper arm
    47.5 - hips
    48.5- bust
    44- waist
    42- thighs together ( single thigh is 27.5)

total ( excluding single thigh size)= 195.5 inches

height 5 ft 4 in

todays food plan..... (if anything changes I will post it... this is really impressive to me that people plan and that's probably something I will have to get used too. It is exciting to learn different tricks. If you fail to plan you plan to fail... huh.

BF: oatmeal and apple w/ coffee
    s: almonds
    L: salad and soup
    s: granola bar
    D: chicken strips, mixed veggies, potatoes, popsicle :)
    :love:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Great to see so many new (and old) faces on this challenge!

I am super sore today, I did 15 minutes on the rowing machine, 30 minutes on the bike, and then went to water aerobics. I love doing the quick workout before I go to water aerobics, it really reminds me how much I'm doing. If I just show up in the water, it seems too easy, lol.

Breakfast: Yoplait light vanilla yogurt, strawberries and kiwi.
    Snack: South Beach maple nut cereal bar before H2O aerobics, honeycrisp apple after.

Went and donated blood, had a small can of V-8 there.

Came home and was STARVING! Got a little dizzy standing and talking to hubby, so big lunch: Pork loin that I shredded and added Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce to and had on 2 slices marble rye bread with a slice of pepperjack cheese and a cup of milk.

Not sure about my next snack, I can't think about it now, I'm still starving after that lunch. Maybe some leftover homemade chick noodle soup.

Dinner: I have a stuffed roasting chicken ready to go in the oven. Kids will have cheesy veggies, and I think I'll finish off our leftover spaghetti squash, or maybe try the butternut squash I picked up.
    --Robin
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody!

I don't eat "meals" for the day...I am a grazer, constantly snacking. My only real meal would be dinner.
    Today I have had....
    Half an english muffin w/ half tbs of jelly
    Dannon Light n Fit Yogurt
    1 Special K bar
    1 small cucumber
    Half cup of homemade chicken salad

I still have a bannana and an apple in my lunch bag but I don't think I'll be eating them today because we have a retirement party here at work today so there will be CAKE involved. I'll have a small piece because I have no willpower to say no!

Dinner - will be pasta of some sort. I usally have 1 cup of pasta then load it up with veggies and add some low fat mozzerella. Depending on where my calories are for the day, I might indulge in a slice of garlic bread.

Not sure about my workout tonight. I have an appointment with a tanning bed at 7pm. If my husband gets home from work at a decent hour, he can make dinner while I workout before going tanning. If not, then I'll be making dinner, going tanning and then I'll have to wait and see if I have the time to workout.

~Tammi:heart:
  • Jeanete64
    Options
    This is my first day in myfitnesspal but what a better way to start. I'm up for the challenge. I am currently at 300 (I think) Will adjust weight tomorrow if I need to. At work now so will weigh myself 1st thing in the AM. I want to lose 126 so 20% is 25.2 pounds. Keeping my fingers crossed and out of the fridge :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    This is my first day in myfitnesspal but what a better way to start. I'm up for the challenge.

Welcome to MFP Jeanete!:flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    This is my first day in myfitnesspal but what a better way to start. I'm up for the challenge. I am currently at 300 (I think) Will adjust weight tomorrow if I need to. At work now so will weigh myself 1st thing in the AM. I want to lose 126 so 20% is 25.2 pounds. Keeping my fingers crossed and out of the fridge :laugh:

Welcome!! You'll be so glad you joined MFP and this challenge! Remember that a healthy loss is 1-2 lbs a week but at the beginning usually a lot of weight comes off rapidly as your body adjusts and sheds excess water and recently gained body fat. Nice to meet you! :flowerforyou:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Got my workout in and burned more than 400 calories in my class. I feel really good about that. Now I can add something more to my menu for the day, probably a yogert.

Pedal, noticed you have an ice cream smoothie made with milk. Do you put ice cream in it or is that a powdered flavor??

Cathy, I really liked your comment about food running us/our lives when things start to get too busy. That is how I'm starting too feel.

OK, back to homework:smile:
  • monica5237
    Options
    Okay here is my plan for today

I had a special K bar for breakfast

I am going to have a Boca burger for lunch with a half cup of microwave popcorn

I am not real sure for dinner yet I have not made it that far but I am thinking maybe some baked chicken I will let you guys know what I end up with.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: water water water and yes I will have my unsweet tea I have to have my caffine somehow.

Okay for lunch i did not have a Boca burger I had a veggie mix tomatoes cucumbers carrots and celery yes i did have a little ranch dressing:blushing:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!

I know I am a little late in seeing this post, but I would love to join!! Thanksgiving will be the first time I go home after moving out of state to go to graduate school and I would love to make an impression!! Also, I got up this morning and had to dress up for a presentation in class and none of the dress clothes that fit only a couple months ago would come even close to fitting today!! :sad:

But then I saw this challenge and got SOOOO excited. My starting weight is 157 and my goal weight is 135 so I have about 22 pounds to go. I figure i can lose 1.5 lbs a week with how i calculated everything so my goal weight for this challenge is going to be 148 or 9 lbs. My measurements are below:

Height: 5'6"
    Upper Arm: 11
    Bust: 38
    Waist (belly button): 39
    Hips (widest part at bottom): 41
    Thigh (at top): 25

Total 154 inches

Meals for today:
    B: oatmeal with 2 Tbsp. Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk
    L: baked zucchini stuffed with brown rice and a little sharp cheddar cheese
    S: Acttivia strawberry banana yogurt
    D: Panera Orchard Harvest Salad ( I have a study group tonight!)

Workout: 30 min. on the treadmill at 1.0 incline and ab work (it's raining here so i can't be outside!! boo!!)

I'm really excited!! This is such a great idea, thanks so much for starting it up!!!

Amy
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amy! Yes, we all got very attached in our last challenge which was 3 months long! So, we've decided to continue making challenges together. So glad you want to join in!! :bigsmile: It's great to see all the new faces!

Deb, one of the brands of protein powder I buy (I have 3 in my house right now that I use) is Kaizen whey protein in Vanilla Ice Cream flavour. It's lovely when blended with milk. Sometimes I use it as dessert :wink:

Well, just a quick check-in! My little guy needs a nap!
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    OK..I've only got about 30 seconds to check in. Don't you hate it when life gets in the way of...well, life.

Height- 5'6"
    Upper arm- 11.5"
    Bust- 48"
    Waist- 37"
    Hips- 42"
    Thigh- 22"

I am 162 now. I will aim to lose 5 pounds during this challenge.

My goal weight is 140.

A real quick story about me.....My name is Tammi, age 32. Two sons, Tyler age 16 and Travis age 14. I married Dean on 7/7/07 in Vegas (me and Kristen have the same anniversary!). I dated Dean for 10 years before we finally got married. I have four dogs and one cat. I don't remember when I got so overweight...It just happened. I want to be healthy and look in clothes! I love to workout but I have the hardest time finding the time to do it. With a full time job, a husband, house, two teenagers and my pets I am always on the go. I wish I had more "me" time!

I got to go now to watch the biggest loser and walk on the treadmill.

I remembered that I forgot to add up my total inches. I went back to do it and saw that I posted the wron Bust. My real bust is 38". My total inches is 150.5
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey! Quick check in...

All the newbies...hope I can remember everyone. Here's who I have:

Old crew:
    Cathy (Chipper)
    Amy (Pdx)
    Rhiannon (Pedal)
    Katy
    Deb (DebLaf)
    Cass
    Robin (bunny)

New:
    Tammi (tlg)
    Monica
    Amy (amylou)
    Tammara (drtamm)
    Shanell (nellie)
    Lauryn
    Hadiza (hgam1)
    Shelly (mamakitty)
    Jeanete
    Connie
    Kkeegan (I don't know your real name...sorry)

Am I missing anyone?? I hope not. There are just SO many new faces. I am so happy everyone has started and is doing WONDERFUL things! Anyways, gonna leave work here in a few and hit up the gym. Have a great rest of the afternoon ladies and I'll check back either later tonight or tomorrow morning!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    OMG OMG- I am done with PT as of Friday!!!! Yay!!! AND I get a free 30 day membership at this gym that rehab patients can use..(Its my previous college's gym and it is amazing- brandnew machines and lotsa stuff for me to do!) My therapist is going to meet me at the gym Friday and go over what is good for me and what i need to avoid for a little bit more.. :smile:

My HRM said I burned 933 cals in 75 min at therapy this morning, but I dunno- I for sure wont eat that much but it seems really high! I was doing alot of strenuous stuff the entire time so maybe it IS right.

Foodwise today-
    1- egg white scrambled and FF chz rolled in a high fiber tortilla
    2- protein shake
    3- south beach cereal bar
    4- fiber one bar & 100 cal pack of doritos

Im not sure about dinner yet...I have thawed chicken breast so something with chicken lol.
    Im going to the park later to jog a little bit after dinner- may do shred again tonight but may just wait and do it just every other day until Im completely healed!

Keep up the good work everyone :)

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter